*** Hey look, a Tebow thread (Merged x4) *** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Hey look, a Tebow thread (Merged x4) ***

I am waiting for the Patriots to pick him up, Put together a selection of wildcat plays for him and kill us with him for the next ten years.

He deserves to be an NFL QB, he deserves another chance to start somewhere, it seems like a lifetime ago but he is just over a year removed from leading the Broncos to a playoff win. I think Jacksonville should sign him, he couldn't be any worse than Gabbert. If Rex Grossman can be in the NFL for almost 10 years now there is no reason whatsoever that Tebow shouldn't be able to stick around. However, I really don't think Miami is the place for him. We have Tannehill entrenched as the starter, Matt Moore entrenched as the back up, and Pat Devlin is our developmental guy, there is no room for him.

He deserves to be an NFL QB, he deserves another chance to start somewhere, it seems like a lifetime ago but he is just over a year removed from leading the Broncos to a playoff win. I think Jacksonville should sign him, he couldn't be any worse than Gabbert. If Rex Grossman can be in the NFL for almost 10 years now there is no reason whatsoever that Tebow shouldn't be able to stick around. However, I really don't think Miami is the place for him. We have Tannehill entrenched as the starter, Matt Moore entrenched as the back up, and Pat Devlin is our developmental guy, there is no room for him.

what has tebow done better than grossman to warrant this statement. Grossman is a bad QB BUT tebow is worse... Tebow did take the broncos to the playoffs, but gorssman actually took his team to the superbowl.

I like Tebow.
I'd like the jags to get him and have competition at qb.
But the problem is what is made of him around him. It's a circus.
What he needs is to reinvent himself, and the best place to do this is in Canada. Sure the media is there but they can't be as ravenous as the crews here in America.

Who wants a stadium full of Gator fans? (besides Steve Ross apparently)
Miami needs die hard fans who will be there with the team whether they win or lose - they don't need a bandwagon fans that will only show up when they are winning and then dissapear off the face of the earth when they are mediocre. Gator fans are the ultimate bandwagon fans.

Did anyone even know there were gator fans on this forum before we drafted the 3 guys from Florida?

Lmao I totally agree with your point.

Main reason I don't want him here is we have so many new dolphins, I would hate for every other article to be about a third string qb instead of a Dion Jordan, Mike Wallace, Jamar Taylor, etc.
We don't need the media circus and the crazed followers imho.
Miami has enough good going for us at the moment.

I thought I was tired of hearing Swopes name. If there is another thread suggesting we sign Tebow, i'm going to lose it. NOOOOOOOOOO!

Dolphins should sign Tim Tebow

I want nobody but Ryan Tannehill taking snaps from under center this year. Don't you remember how the Wildcat stalled Henne when he started warming up. Tannehill is our future franchise QB, we don't need no sideshows.

The Dolphins should do everything within their power to sign Tim Tebow.

Tell me why you think having his clown show fan base sitting in the stands every game shouting "We want Tebow" all game long is a good thing for the team or for our second year quarterback?

IF Tebow committed to a position change -- TE or RB -- he'd be more marketable. As it is he insists on playing QB -- and there's enough NFL tape of him at QB to show exactly his strengths and weaknesses.

Which means: Not much market.

Personally, if I were a GM and had Blaine Gabbert as my QB, I'd be on the phone w. Tebow. Because Tebow can win more games than Gabbert just like he could have won more games than Sanchez last year. And chances are, with Tebow playing QB and ball control, Revis would have never been hurt... and would still be a Jet. Sparano must have REALLY been a deep-cover Phin spy to sink the Jets, lol.

LD

IF Tebow committed to a position change -- TE or RB -- he'd be more marketable. As it is he insists on playing QB -- and there's enough NFL tape of him at QB to show exactly his strengths and weaknesses.

Which means: Not much market.

Personally, if I were a GM and had Blaine Gabbert as my QB, I'd be on the phone w. Tebow. Because Tebow can win more games than Gabbert just like he could have won more games than Sanchez last year. And chances are, with Tebow playing QB and ball control, Revis would have never been hurt... and would still be a Jet. Sparano must have REALLY been a deep-cover Phin spy to sink the Jets, lol.

LD

what makes people think he will be a good TE.. he has never played there before other than a few times with the jets and was lost out there.... i remember a ball bouncing off his helmet because he didnt even turn to look for the ball

The fans that come see Tim Tebow, simply because he's a Dolphin, are not the fans I want around.

Yup. Denver got a ton of new 'fans' that they quickly lost, and then the same for the Jets. I don't want the bandwagon.

I'm losing this debate, any supporters?

The Dolphins of the 70's had a lost of casts offs.

The Jets never really used Tebow and Denver won with him.

I feel its a missed opportunity to add a versatile utility player.

ucfpf12

So it's a THIRD chance you are asking for. The 2nd was the Jets. How many chances does a player get?
Most get one.

Back
Top Bottom