History not working in Ginn's favor | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

History not working in Ginn's favor

Good thing he IS a WR. You missed the point that the original article that you modified isn't relevant to Ginn.

He IS a WR, true, and THAT's where I am hoping he can make a lasting contribution. We'll see. The rest of your post is an incorrect opinion, but, that's fine, we can agree to differ.

Ginn vs Hester is a poor comparison. Hester was a good returner in college who was never able to play any position well enough to become a regular starter while he was at Miami. Ginn was a good returner in college who, while still unpolished at WR, was a gamebreaker on offense who had large parts of the offense tailored directly to his talents.
:logic:

Logic wins again??? The point of the thread was that making it as a RETURN man for an extended period is hard to do. I have said consistently that it's as a WR that Ginn will have to make his mark to have continued success. It's only logical if you ignore that half of the statements.

Thanks anyway.

Logic wins again??? The point of the thread was that making it as a RETURN man for an extended period is hard to do. I have said consistently that it's as a WR that Ginn will have to make his mark to have continued success. It's only logical if you ignore that half of the statements.

Thanks anyway.

Dude, you took an article about Hester and replaced his name with Ginn. Your your correlation of the two was the problem, they are completely different players. Herster's game is only one facet of what Ginn brings to the table.

You're welcome.

Dude, you took an article about Hester and replaced his name with Ginn. Your your correlation of the two was the problem, they are completely different players. Herster's game is only one facet of what Ginn brings to the table.

You're welcome.

And that's the facet the thread was about.

And that's the facet the thread was about.

Why can't you see the point that nearly everyone is objecting to? This is the statement from your original post that doesn't fit:

There is already so much hype surrounding the transition of Miami Dolphins kick returner Ted Ginn, Jr. into an offensive player that I'm hoping he lives up to the expectations.

How many times can this be said? THERE IS NO TRANSITION NECESSARY. HE ALREADY IS AN OFFENSIVE PLAYER. He performed at Ohio State at a level that was very close to two other first round WIDE RECEIVERS. Your opening statement implies something that just isn't true - that Ted Ginn needs to be transitioned into an offensive player.

The article you modified said this:

There is already so much hype surrounding the transition of Chicago Bears kick returner Devin Hester into an offensive player that I'm hoping he lives up to the expectations.

Please take notice that Hester was listed as a DB in college and as a rookie and he didn't even play that position. He has never been used as an offensive player, hence the TRANSITION TO OFFENSE.

IMO, and the opinion of many many others is that the the substitution of Ginn's name is not eerily appropriate. It is an insult to Ginn and the Dolphins front office.

My takes on our moves this year.

Porter solid player too much guaranteed money.
Did not sign or trade for any significant OL upgrades.
Relying too much on a TE that has been injury prone and done very little, no backup plan in case his history repeats itself which is very possible.
Hate the idea of aquiring a 37 year old Qb for a draft pick a concussed one coming off a bad year to top that off.
Not addressing the oline enough in the draft, Satale is the only real addressing, the rest were late round picks and undrafted free agents(I have a feeling at least two of these free agents make the roster so that is good.)
Took too many chances in the draft with the Qb position, if Beck was thier man we got him by pure luck because we could have easily missed drafting him and even though i think Ginn could be real good would rather have addressed Qb there and still got a good receiver in the second round.
Cut one expensive kicker and replaced him with just as expensive a kicker.
Best move of the year convincing NE to give up so much for Welker.
Change the whole OL around again, just as we were getting some cohesion and decent play from our RT. Amazing after so many were convinced that Alabi was something special despite evidence to the contrary.

I agree with you on a lot of the points here, My biggest headach with our offseason moves is OL, the reshuffling of them makes me nervous. In the last couple of years, this has been the biggest problem with this team. Our OL, not QB, not WR, but OL, it all starts with the OL, the trenches, the start of every decent or negative play. In the Pittsburg opener last year, the blitz was killing that OL, an immobile QB wasn't helped at all by our OL. If the OL is starting over again, as it is, then DC, if healthy, will be better suited to it, than TG, who's not as mobile, he'll be dropped even more than DC if our recent history shows each time we reshuffle the OL. By the end of the season their play starts to pickup, by then we're out of the playoff picture, we've gotten QB's hurt or their confidence is gone by then.

In terms of the draft, I think we did the right thing, getting Quinn at the 9th spot made me nervous, I've been around to see too many burst in that high position with QB's. I like Beck at 40 much better, less money put in that spot, with the chance to have just as productive of a QB. I do hope Quinn does well in the NFL, but I think Heath Shula is written all over him. Maybe not, but I'm glad he's not here with the 9th pick. We couldn't get the top notch OL early, they were taken, starting with Detroit and the Cardinals taking the top 2 I'm sure we had on the board. After that it was either O speed or D Dbs, and I think we did well with the speed of Ginn..he can be a game changer. You just don't get that kind of speed often with pretty good hands.

Why can't you see the point that nearly everyone is objecting to? This is the statement from your original post that doesn't fit:

How many times can this be said? THERE IS NO TRANSITION NECESSARY. HE ALREADY IS AN OFFENSIVE PLAYER. He performed at Ohio State at a level that was very close to two other first round WIDE RECEIVERS. Your opening statement implies something that just isn't true - that Ted Ginn needs to be transitioned into an offensive player.

The article you modified said this:

Please take notice that Hester was listed as a DB in college and as a rookie and he didn't even play that position. He has never been used as an offensive player, hence the TRANSITION TO OFFENSE.

IMO, and the opinion of many many others is that the the substitution of Ginn's name is not eerily appropriate. It is an insult to Ginn and the Dolphins front office.

You are the one having a hard time reading, comprehending and understanding. Not only did my thread state my position succintly as follows:

"The real question, however, isn't whether Ginn can make a significant contribution on that side of the football (as a WR). It's whether he'll still be able to produce those breathtaking returns that made him so spectacular during College when he sets foot on bigger stage of the NFL."

but I have repeatedly told you that is my position and point I was trying to make.

You are repeatedly arguing against your own misguided interpretation, sorry, but you are way out in left field.

You are the one having a hard time reading, comprehending and understanding. Not only did my thread state my position succintly as follows:

"The real question, however, isn't whether Ginn can make a significant contribution on that side of the football (as a WR). It's whether he'll still be able to produce those breathtaking returns that made him so spectacular during College when he sets foot on bigger stage of the NFL."

but I have repeatedly told you that is my position and point I was trying to make.

You are repeatedly arguing against your own misguided interpretation, sorry, but you are way out in left field.

Those weren't even your words. You stole them from the original article. The original author had a point, you do not.

Do you think Ginn needs to be transitioned to an offensive player or not? You stated that also. You have implied (through the use of an article about a kick returner) and other comments that you have made that Ginn is primarily a returner. What I (and everyone else) have been trying to tell you is that Ginn will primarily be a WR. Concerns over how long he can be an effective returner are misguided.

I'm out if left field? Many, many others have responded exactly the same way.

Fin fan:

Seems you don't want to see my point, you just want to make a point. My previous posts answer your same questions ad naseum.

Back
Top Bottom