History not working in Ginn's favor | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

History not working in Ginn's favor

so really what this amounts to is YOU wanted us to draft a left tackle instead of Ginn at # 9.... and so you are now exploring ways to diminish the value or sanity of the pick... here is what you said that leads me to say these things;

I just think it was a very risky move drafting him at #9 and the Phins with all their needs (Like a LT) needed some safer moves

was there a left tackle "worth it" at # 9 ? ... I don't think there was ...

so really what this amounts to is YOU wanted us to draft a left tackle instead of Ginn at # 9.... and so you are now exploring ways to diminish the value or sanity of the pick... here is what you said that leads me to say these things;

Of course, the answer is no, there was no LT worth the 9th pick available, but if you listen to the men in charge, they had already decided (pre-draft) that they weren't targeting a LT, that they felt Carey could fill that role very well, they were interested in interior lineman primarily, so despite some fans perception of this teams needs, they don't seem to even understand what Mueller/Cameron want to do.

I can't believe how many people here miss the entire point of the article. Here is the thesis right at the beginning:

"The real question, however, isn't whether Hester (GINN) can make a significant contribution on that side of the football. It's whether he'll still be able to produce those breathtaking returns that made him a Pro Bowler during his rookie season in the NFL. (or wether GINN he'll be able to make those breathtaking returns that made him spectacular at Ohio State). After all, it's hard enough to be an electrifying return man in this league (NFL). To do it year after year, well, that's proven to be fairly difficult for most players" (emphasis added).

The article then goes on to show how short lived these breathtaking return careers were. There were very few posts in this thread that addressed that issue. Most wanted to justify Ginn's WR numbers which weren't really in dispute, and which by the way, weren't so spectacular and were thrashed by lower draft picks like Johnny Lee Higgins. Anyway, getting back on topic, I think that CK did a pretty good job and made some good points, and a few others, but by and large most missed the entire point of the article. Ah well, homerism and blind support is alive and well in finheaven. :evil: JUST KIDDING. Seriously, I hope Ginn recovers from his injuries and tears up the NFL I just think it was a very risky move drafting him at #9 and the Phins with all their needs (Like a LT) needed some safer moves.

GO PHINS~!
Since you keep referring back to this, I would like to point out that Ted Ginn had more things in common with Calvin Johnson that he did with Devin Hester in college. This comparison is absurd. So now are you saying he will not be a good PR/KR?

[mod]Quoting entire articles and quoting them out of context is against our TOS.No points given on this occasion. [/mod]

There is already so much hype surrounding the transition of Miami Dolphins
kick returner Ted Ginn, Jr. into an offensive player that I'm hoping he lives up to the expectations.

The real question, however, isn't whether Ginn can make a significant contribution on that side of the football. It's whether he'll still be able to produce those breathtaking returns that made him so spectacular during College when he sets foot on bigger stage of the NFL.

Originally posted as an article about Devin Hester on NFL.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeff&id=2878477

but I substituted Ginn and presto, so eerily appropriate.

Do you have anything positive to say about this franchise? You hate Culpepper, dislike Ginn, and if I remember weren't to fond of Cameron coming into town.

I mean how you are a fan of this team if you don't like anything about it? Dan Marino is gone, let it go...It might be a little easier to stomach the things we do if you just let him go. Can I get an I love Jason Taylor or Zach Thomas or something, geez.

Notice is said (LIKE LT). I think there were safer ways for the Phins to go, at LT, WR, LB, CB, C, RB etc. There were plenty of safer picks at #9 IMO.

Do you have anything positive to say about this franchise? You hate Culpepper, dislike Ginn, and if I remember weren't to fond of Cameron coming into town.

I mean how you are a fan of this team if you don't like anything about it? Dan Marino is gone, let it go...It might be a little easier to stomach the things we do if you just let him go. Can I get an I love Jason Taylor or Zach Thomas or something, geez.

I posted a lot of positives about the offseason moves Cam made, the changes to the OC and OC positions, the pickup of Beck, etc. You just probably missed those. Disliking CP and not liking ONE draft pick isn't disliking the team. Those just happen to be the biggest areas of debate right now. I also happen to be in good company with about 52 % of the board regarding CP (See the thread regarding who the board would like to start at QB this season) and there happens to be a lot of debate about Ginn. So how am I the negative ONE???

Dude, check this out, it's pretty sick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOMKfvexxU4

First few minutes start out OK, but it gets better and better.

First time I watched this I thought about that movie with Johnny Knoxville were he pretends to be "special" so he can compete in the Special Olympics. If they had a "special" football league, and some super fast normal dude got in somehow, I think this is what it would look like.

I've seen 2 high school videos this impressive. 1. Brandon Saine Ohio State Freshman to be. 2. Noel Devine Freshman RB to be at West Virginia.

Notice is said (LIKE LT). I think there were safer ways for the Phins to go, at LT, WR, LB, CB, C, RB etc. There were plenty of safer picks at #9 IMO.
Safer does not always equate to better Gallery was a "Safe" pick.. so was Broderick Bunkley..Ginn his medium risk High reward imo some might say high risk but there arent to many people that will argue he has a LOT of upside.

There is already so much hype surrounding the transition of Miami Dolphins kick returner Ted Ginn, Jr. into an offensive player that I'm hoping he lives up to the expectations.

The real question, however, isn't whether Ginn can make a significant contribution on that side of the football. It's whether he'll still be able to produce those breathtaking returns that made him so spectacular during College when he sets foot on bigger stage of the NFL.

Originally posted as an article about Devin Hester on NFL.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeff&id=2878477

but I substituted Ginn and presto, so eerily appropriate.

The substitution of Ginn's name for Hester's is not approriate. That is what most of the responses are trying to tell you. The entire premise of your thread is wrong.

The question that was asked in the original article is whether Devin Hester would continue to have an impact in the NFL because he is a kick returner that doesn't have a natural position in the NFL. That important point in the original article does not apply to Ginn.

I don't think that the Bears have any intention of playing Hester at the position he played in college. They are planning to get him some time on offense this season. The same is true for Dante Hall. He was a RB in college. He was never used as a RB in the NFL. The Chiefs tried to turn him into a WR.

You should delete the entire first paragraph from your original post. Ted Ginn isn't a kick returner that the Fins are trying to "transition" into a WR.

dont need it to be

We don't need history to be in teddy's favor we just need the present and future to be in his favor which I think it will be. I can't wait until the season starts.

Safer does not always equate to better Gallery was a "Safe" pick.. so was Broderick Bunkley..Ginn his medium risk High reward imo some might say high risk but there arent to many people that will argue he has a LOT of upside.

True, but there is a reason that safe investments pay lower interest rates.

Am I suppose to care about Devin Hester when we got someone who could match Devin's speed, and agility....That guy's name is Ted " Fa$t aS LiGhtiN' " Ginn Jr.

Am I suppose to care about Devin Hester when we got someone who could match Devin's speed, and agility....That guy's name is Ted " Fa$t aS LiGhtiN' " Ginn Jr.

I think you missed the point of the article (along with half the rest of the board). The point being that historically return men in the NFL have very short term success for various reasons such as schemes, directional kicks etc. That's all. If GINN wants to be a long term playmaker he's going to have to do it as a WR.

I think you missed the point of the article (along with half the rest of the board). The point being that historically return men in the NFL have very short term success for various reasons such as schemes, directional kicks etc. That's all. If GINN wants to be a long term playmaker he's going to have to do it as a WR.

Good thing he IS a WR. You missed the point that the original article that you modified isn't relevant to Ginn.

Back
Top Bottom