HOF WR Cris Carter Convinced Tua Is Miami's Long-Sought Replacement of Dan Marino | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HOF WR Cris Carter Convinced Tua Is Miami's Long-Sought Replacement of Dan Marino

Chris Carter is very close to the Alabama program and Saban. He's hung around campus for years observing practices and his son Duron was part of the program.

He's seen over and over and over again up close and personal what a lot of others have seen when Tua was there. It's everyday. Every practice. Every throw. Chris Carter has seen a lot of football. He knows what special looks like.

True, but that's one hell-of-an endorsement IMO. Cris Carter knows his **** as a HOF WR. He ain't a nobody. Now, I can't wait to see why he would say such things with such conviction about our young QB.

Until I see it, I won't believe it. Too many times people talk up players that turn out to be average or nothing special.

I'm with you on this and i'm trying to keep my excitement and expectations in check.
BUT when was the last time you heard this kinda endorsement from so many people about a QB?

For me it was Luck and P.Manning when they came out and they both term out to be pretty good.

Could it be that Miami has finally found something special at the position?

Last edited:
Doubt is normal. Everyone has doubters. Every great player had doubters.

Doubt is particularly normal for Dolphin fans.

Chris Carter, nor me, nor Nick Saban, nor Brian Flores, nor Todd McShay nor anyone else knows what the next 10 years holds for Tua. Nobody knows.

I've studied quarterbacks at every level from high school to pro - past and present.

I think all any of us are trying to say is that we've seen very few people on the face of the planet that could throw a football like Tua. We've seen even fewer with the fighting spirit of a kid like Tua. That's hard to bet against.

Until I see it, I won't believe it. Too many times people talk up players that turn out to be average or nothing special.
Quite right! Through the years, how many linebackers here were supposed to be the next Zach Thomas?

There's nothing wrong at all with heaping praise on a player. Tua hasn't done anything in the NFL yet, but the "potential" is there. There's nothing that guarantees his success. But the odds are good that he will be good. I'm taking the over on that.

Dolfans have been wretched at qb for 30 years and not one has been given odds of being a star like Tua. I say we should be patient and enjoy him.

Man I'm as giddy as anyone, but can't blame anyone for this mindset. We've witnessed more things go wrong than right for far too long.

But this one seems too huge not to be excited!!

Also, I love me some Chris Carter, hate that most don't!

Back
Top Bottom