HOF WR Cris Carter Convinced Tua Is Miami's Long-Sought Replacement of Dan Marino | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HOF WR Cris Carter Convinced Tua Is Miami's Long-Sought Replacement of Dan Marino

Zero?

I've never even remotely considered any linebacker we've had since Zach retired as the next Zach.
Mike Hull was one. Never could crack the starting lineup unless someone ahead of him got injured. However, that didn’t stop some delusional fans thinking he was the next Zach Thomas. Besides being a white bipedal linebacker, there was little he had in common with Zach Thomas.

Mike Hull was one. Never could crack the starting lineup unless someone ahead of him got injured. However, that didn’t stop some delusional fans thinking he was the next Zach Thomas. Besides being a white bipedal linebacker, there was little he had in common with Zach Thomas.
So glad I missed that pithy commentary! lol

Going back and watching some of Tua's game highlight..Wow!
The kid has some serious touch and anticipation.

I've said it once and i'll say it again.

Grant should benefit bigtime from having a QB like Tua.

I say this because Grant has a small catch radius. But he gets open a lot with his quickness and speed and requires a QB that can hit him in stride.

If he can hold on to the ball then there are a lot of big plays waiting for him this season.

Going back and watching some of Tua's game highlight..Wow!
The kid has some serious touch and anticipation.

I've said it once and i'll say it again.

Grant should benefit bigtime from having a QB like Tua.

I say this because Grant has a small catch radius. But he gets open alot with his quickness and speed and requires a QB that can hit him in stride.

If he can hold on to the ball then there are a lot of big plays waiting for him this season.
can we cover him and the ball with velcro?

can we cover him and the ball with velcro?

Lol! Here's the thing with Grant..He just needs 1 to impact the game.
Honestly, he's the only playmaker outside of Brieda on offense that you're 100% sure can take a play to the house.

Think about that!

Our offense is missing that type of explosion.

I love Parker, Gesickie, Williams, Gaskin...But none of those guys are taking a play the distance.
Parker maybe after winning a jump ball where the defender falls..

Lol! Here's the thing with Grant..He just needs 1 to impact the game.
Honestly, he's the only playmaker outside of Brieda on offense that you're 100% sure can take a play to the house.

Think about that!

Our offense is missing that type of explosion.

I love Parker, Gesickie, Williams, Gaskin...But none of those guys are taking a play the distance.
Parker maybe after winning a jump ball where the defender falls..
I think you'll be surprised.

A lot slower players than Parker (Williams, Gesicki) have scored many long touchdowns when hit perfectly in stride.

Jerry Rice and Steve Largent immediately spring to mind.

Yes, If I remember correctly that was the "Lobster Trap" game as well.
Yup we smoked the raiders the week before. They only went to the SB. That 02 team was legit, best of the Fiedler/ Wanny era. Lost to Culpepper in week 16, CC drop, and Brady in week 17, literally outclassed the Patriots for 56 minutes than fell apart and blew an 11 point lead, and missed the playoffs. Ray Lucas didn’t help.

I've studied quarterbacks at every level from high school to pro - past and present.

I think all any of us are trying to say is that we've seen very few people on the face of the planet that could throw a football like Tua. We've seen even fewer with the fighting spirit of a kid like Tua. That's hard to bet against.
I hope this is the case.....I really really do, I think the kid loves football and he is a fighter....

Yup we smoked the raiders the week before. They only went to the SB. That 02 team was legit, best of the Fiedler/ Wanny era. Lost to Culpepper in week 16, CC drop, and Brady in week 17, literally outclassed the Patriots for 56 minutes than fell apart and blew an 11 point lead, and missed the playoffs. Ray Lucas didn’t help.
I remember missing that week 17 game. I was so pissed after that damn drop though because Carter was telling everybody "All I do is catch touchdowns" then he goes out and blows it.

It was pretty similar to that game in the snow against Buffalo where Ricky Williams had like 200 yards and we still lost the damn game. It was always something with that team.

4jndf9.jpg

The 11 point blown lead vs a disinterested Pats team was one of the worst losses in franchise history. It’s rare to see a team shoot themselves in the foot so many times in under 4 minutes. We made 3 HUGE special teams gaffes that cost us the game and ruined Ricky William’s 1853 yard rushing performance - the best in franchise history - he was so dominant that year. What a waste.

I think you'll be surprised.

A lot slower players than Parker (Williams, Gesicki) have scored many long touchdowns when hit perfectly in stride.

Jerry Rice and Steve Largent immediately spring to mind.
Jerry Rice had some of the fastest football speed of any player. His strides were crazy. I forget what it was, but San Francisco noticed that while Rice didn't have a great 40 time, he had other measurables that showed explosiveness (not that they didn't still want to draft Eddie Brown).

Rice wasn't just a product of well thrown passes.

Back
Top Bottom