Hole too deep? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hole too deep?

The Fitzpatrick trade *at best* will be breakeven and unlikely that clueless Grier will draft a player with that much talent

How do you KNOW what the Fitzpatrick trade will net? Nostradamus' genes or just talking out of your a$$? I mean you spout things out as fact without anything more than your opinion

How is it that a man with 20 years experience on a team and having been the GM for 4 years is clueless? If he is clueless then every person above him in the organization for the last 20 years is worse than clueless … I mean most of them are gone and he is still here … Oh wait … I get it … They knew he was inept and clueless so they either left the organization to save their reputations or sold the team to another clueless clown. Your emotional meltdowns concerning Grier are redundant … we get it … you don't like him as a GM. Do you have someone else you would rather see in that position? You've clearly identified him as a problem so how about a solution?

By the way didn't you say Grier will be out of the league sometime soon?

Got any winning lottery numbers you're willing to give up?

Nah, not every player on the field has to be a potential Pro Bowler. Im not saying that it is going to be an easy ramp up, but if we add a core of talented players there will be significant improvements.

Add 4-5 players of at least quality starting ability in the draft next year. This count would be high normally, but with the extra picks we have seems plausible. I'm actually hoping that it's more like 5-6 but that seems greedy
Add 3-4 more of that level through Free Agency.

Of course, it will help a great deal if we hit on picks at the bigger impact positions - QB, CB, pass rusher, OT and hopefully 2-3 of the new guys are high end talents.

We have a few guys that are already solid and a few more that will likely develop into solid starters. With the influx of talent through the draft and FA, we should be a mid pack team next year...at least by the end of the year as rooks develop. 2021 promises another draft with extra premium picks to improve the odds of hitting...and a year of development under the belt of the 2020 class. I expect the focus on generating draft capital as a priority to continue to mean more picks in 21 and beyond...

Its not uncommon for an NFL team to turnover a third of its roster in a single season. I don't think anyone expects Grier and co. to build a contender in a single off-season but I think its reasonable to expect a team that's able to compete in games by year two and in the playoff hunt by year three.

The scary part is that everything is dependent on finding that QB that can lead the team for the next decade. And noone can convince me that there is any science to the selection and development of the franchise signal caller. Take Trubisky and you have on destiny, Mahomes and you have another.

Have the Dolphins gone too far with gutting the team? This was brought up by the announcers during the game last night. I realize all of our trades and releases have a specific reason but we have definitely lost some talent. Even if we hit 100% on drafts and free agents next year, we will still be quite devoid of NFL caliber players. Do we expect our first round QB to elevate the whole team?

No, the hole is actually not that big at all, Miami with a depleted Roster, in the last 5 weeks out played the Cowboys for a half, hung with a talented Charger team and a very hot at the time Bills team, and outplayed and shoul have beaten the Redskins and Steelers if not for dumb mistakes.

Imagine how this team will perform in the next two years after a calculated FA, and 5 first rounds, 3 second rounds, and 3 third round picks alone in the next two years.

If Miami can do it right like the Cowboys did in 1990, This team could look special soon.

The hole was deep and dug many many years ago and doing the same thing season after season was not the solution. Are they on the right track now? Only time will tell but I agree its not a one year fix...we are talking progressively better every season from here I hope (I think we will go 0-16) but not really "winning" like we all want until 2023 at the earliest.

It's going to take almost 4 years to start "winning" in your opinion?

4 offseason periods...4 drafts to start "winning?"

Nah, not every player on the field has to be a potential Pro Bowler. Im not saying that it is going to be an easy ramp up, but if we add a core of talented players there will be significant improvements.

Add 4-5 players of at least quality starting ability in the draft next year. This count would be high normally, but with the extra picks we have seems plausible. I'm actually hoping that it's more like 5-6 but that seems greedy
Add 3-4 more of that level through Free Agency.

Of course, it will help a great deal if we hit on picks at the bigger impact positions - QB, CB, pass rusher, OT and hopefully 2-3 of the new guys are high end talents.

We have a few guys that are already solid and a few more that will likely develop into solid starters. With the influx of talent through the draft and FA, we should be a mid pack team next year...at least by the end of the year as rooks develop. 2021 promises another draft with extra premium picks to improve the odds of hitting...and a year of development under the belt of the 2020 class. I expect the focus on generating draft capital as a priority to continue to mean more picks in 21 and beyond...

I've probably said this too many times . . . Good teams have a LOT of average players and 3-5 All-pros. Here 'average' players are called trash or scrubs. Miami has quite a few significant holes, but not 22. If Miami can get 4-5 above average players, they can be 8-8 in '20

dude, seriously, if it takes 4 or 5 years we seriously ****ed this up then

I don't know

It is exciting to have all this treasure to draft and sign but with this GM and then depending on these coaches who seem to make some players worse and haven't IMO shown much I am not too optimistic

There was no need for such a deep cut in the group. There are so many examples of teams quickly turning around their franchise with the correct coaching staff, of which I firmly believe is the number cause of failed franchises.

This is evident when the same teams are competitive year after year, regardless if they choose in top draft spots.

It's a two year rebuild.

Patience required.
That's the way I'm trying to look at this disaster. We're not in the rebuild phase yet. This is the tear-down. The rebuild doesn't start until this season ends. It'll take two years from the end of this season. Patience, indeed.

There was no need for such a deep cut in the group. There are so many examples of teams quickly turning around their franchise with the correct coaching staff, of which I firmly believe is the number cause of failed franchises.

This is evident when the same teams are competitive year after year, regardless if they choose in top draft spots.
There was definitely a need to blow this team up. I don't know if the extent was right or wrong, but this treadmill franchise needed a re-boot. It got NUKED! That being said, the Dolphins could inadvertently be the team that revolutionized the "tank" or are so terrible, Ross moves them to Vancouver????? I will say the Dolphins started an avalanche of trade or "trade me" scenarios. The most active trade year I can remember for sure.

Back
Top Bottom