Hole too deep? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hole too deep?

Normal team this is a 2 year rebuild, but we're the Miami Dolphins so more like 10.

This hole is not too deep given the number of draft picks, particularly high draft picks, and $$$ Miami has to spend.

Miami has the coach in place to do it. That the Dolphins are the least penalized team and are competing tells me Flores is legit. If the players weren't trying I would be concerned but that isn't the case.

Whether and how long it takes for Miami to get out of this hole depends a lot on the tools Grier brings in moving forward. If Grier brings in players that amount to shovels and yarn rather than ladders and climbing rope Miami could be there a while.

The hole has reached the devil himself by depleting talented players who were in their primes but, it was necessary time for change was necessary. I all told you back in September this will take time. We want to see improvement week to week and we have the results are not there yet. Therefore, I believe the coaching staff needs to win some in order to trust and believe in them. We need to see wins this year. I said 4 in beginning and I will stick with it but, 3 is good too. Why? Because it instill confidence in Flores and his staff that they can put the team in position to win ball games. I want to see progression year in in and year out. Year 1: 3 or 4 wins, Year 2: 7 or 8 wins, Year 3: 10 or 11 wins (playoffs), by Year 4: 13 or 14 wins (#1 Seed H.F.A.T.P.O. with a chance to win a Super Bowl). But, if they go 0-16, 3-13, 6-10, 8-8. Flores is not answer and the misery X2 will start again. God forbid. Because we will all commit suicide if this **** happens. I am hoping and praying the 1st part is where we go. But, there is no guarantees ever.

This hole is not too deep given the number of draft picks, particularly high draft picks, and $$$ Miami has to spend.

Miami has the coach in place to do it. That the Dolphins are the least penalized team and are competing tells me Flores is legit. If the players weren't trying I would be concerned but that isn't the case.

Whether and how long it takes for Miami to get out of this hole depends a lot on the tools Grier brings in moving forward. If Grier brings in players that amount to shovels and yarn rather than ladders and climbing rope Miami could be there a while.

0-7 coach that has the 32nd ranked D ?
That folds after every half?
A team that is not good at anything?
Uses players so badly they want out then perform pretty damn well when away from said coach?

Drake & Minkah had proven much more than this coach so forgive me if I question your opinion

Not on FH. Some have already decided Wilkins is a bust. go-to some 'allowing time's means 2 games. That said, there IS tale t on the team and Miami doesn't need 20 new starters
this what I see dolphins need to be better next yr.
Qb,cb,oline, rb, pass rusher. 2020 draft and free agent players.

0-7 coach that has the 32nd ranked D ?
That folds after every half?
A team that is not good at anything?
Uses players so badly they want out then perform pretty damn well when away from said coach?

Drake & Minkah had proven much more than this coach so forgive me if I question your opinion
Last I heard we sent a contract offer to Drake that he didn't bother responding to.

And the team tried to convince Minkah to stay and be part of the foundation. Wasn't interested.

Let's not spin the moves like we wanted them out of here so we traded them away.

There was definitely a need to blow this team up. I don't know if the extent was right or wrong, but this treadmill franchise needed a re-boot. It got NUKED! That being said, the Dolphins could inadvertently be the team that revolutionized the "tank" or are so terrible, Ross moves them to Vancouver????? I will say the Dolphins started an avalanche of trade or "trade me" scenarios. The most active trade year I can remember for sure.
Idk if dolphins had to tank. If u want qb in draft go get qb. The 3 thing that was hurting dolphins is hiring wrong people Gm, coach and Ross..

Last I heard we sent a contract offer to Drake that he didn't bother responding to.

And the team tried to convince Minkah to stay and be part of the foundation. Wasn't interested.

Let's not spin the moves like we wanted them out of here so we traded them away.

Minkah was under contract for 3 more years. If he didn’t like it too bad. If he wants to holdout, good luck.

And drake was sent a contract and didn’t respond. You realize that other free agents are going to be doing the same thing. The only thing that will bring them here is massively overpaying for mediocre talent. Remember mike Wallace going to south beach to get a bag. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-gamed...till-the-big-brother-wide-receiver-in-the-NFL

If we screw up the draft and/or dont get a real franchise QB then yes we will continue to be miserable. That being said, I think we're doing this rebuild the best way so far. With as much draft capital we have you would think we would hit on a few players.

Have the Dolphins gone too far with gutting the team? This was brought up by the announcers during the game last night. I realize all of our trades and releases have a specific reason but we have definitely lost some talent. Even if we hit 100% on drafts and free agents next year, we will still be quite devoid of NFL caliber players. Do we expect our first round QB to elevate the whole team?

Yeah. According to the Tua Cult he not only walks on

coconut water but can beat entire teams on his own!

:lol:

Minkah was under contract for 3 more years. If he didn’t like it too bad. If he wants to holdout, good luck.

And drake was sent a contract and didn’t respond. You realize that other free agents are going to be doing the same thing. The only thing that will bring them here is massively overpaying for mediocre talent. Remember mike Wallace going to south beach to get a bag. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-gamed...till-the-big-brother-wide-receiver-in-the-NFL
Re: Minkah: maybe you force a disgruntled young player to stay put, if nobody is offering top compensation for him. Maybe. But definitely not an ideal situation.

Re: Drake: his situation cannot be extrapolated to signing future free agents. He spent 3 seasons here feeling he was being underutilized. By two different coaching staffs. Was it him? Was it both staffs? Who knows, but he wanted a fresh start.

Have the Dolphins gone too far with gutting the team? This was brought up by the announcers during the game last night. I realize all of our trades and releases have a specific reason but we have definitely lost some talent. Even if we hit 100% on drafts and free agents next year, we will still be quite devoid of NFL caliber players. Do we expect our first round QB to elevate the whole team?

The hole is never too deep if you are long enough.

We are long enough

I guess I’m not too optimistic.

While we have a Kings ransom worth of picks and $$$ for FA, enticements could prove an issue.

Nobody wants to be a part of a team this bad. Historically bad.

What worries me is guys not interested in us for any amount of money (Clowney, Drake). I’m not saying we need to outdo Tbaum (shudder) in FA, but we’ve got to compete against 31 other teams to get the guys we want. Offering more money than everybody else puts us where we were 2-3 years ago, broke. Hitting on picks is downright terrifying.

So: getting the guys we need in FA and hitting on the majority of picks. And praying that Flo is what we need when he’s on the clock, which he hasn’t been this year due to the poor roster. Next year will be his rookie year as coach.

Ive seen too many mistakes over the last 15 years. I hope they get it right, but I’m not holding my breath....

Oh I agree with your point
No way they could stay
Problem is this coaching staff created the we are going out to lose mentality and didn't play the talented players enough
If not for that and their other horrible decisions that would not have been a problem

Back
Top Bottom