Hole too deep? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hole too deep?

Re: Minkah: maybe you force a disgruntled young player to stay put, if nobody is offering top compensation for him. Maybe. But definitely not an ideal situation.

Re: Drake: his situation cannot be extrapolated to signing future free agents. He spent 3 seasons here feeling he was being underutilized. By two different coaching staffs. Was it him? Was it both staffs? Who knows, but he wanted a fresh start.

hmmm...
Lets look at the evidence

Drakes performance over these years vs Gases' & Flores as HC???
My eyes easily see one performed, the others have sucked

Flores also has shown he really had absolutely nothing to do with the Patriots defense as they are a lot better now that he’s gone.

not a lot of people talking about what absolutely looks like flores was holding that D back.

It comes down to Grier and Flores being the right guys. Next year at this time we will know if this was a waste of time and a bigger setback. I am not confident in Grier jury out on Flores.

hmmm...
Lets look at the evidence

Drakes performance over these years vs Gases' & Flores as HC???
My eyes easily see one performed, the others have sucked

I agree.

Based on what I've seen, Drake should have started and carried the load.

And I have always advocated for that.

I think the issues with Drake are not talent-related.

I think it is too deep if we were expecting to be competitive next year. When the Colts got Peyton they went 3-13 in his first year, then 13-3 in his second. But they probably had an NFL roster, not an XFL one. The Cards will be good next year. Murray is for real. We need our QB to be that good or better. If they aren’t we are going to be basement dwellers for a very long time. The Fitz trade still pisses me off. That one was no good. Took out one of the best athletes we’ve drafted in years who would have been part of the rebuild. Tunsil can be replaced. He’s not even “elite”. We’ve drafted a lot of good LTs over the last 20 years. But I do think we went too far w Minkah. And it also raises question marks for me about what this coaching staff will be able to do once they do have talent to work with. Will they play these guys to their strengths? Eg, McCain in the slot, not at FS etc.

I don't know

It is exciting to have all this treasure to draft and sign but with this GM and then depending on these coaches who seem to make some players worse and haven't IMO shown much I am not too optimistic

Shocker...you're not optimistic...

...he looked like...

I am not convinved Flores and Grier deserve to head this rebuild. I would be happy if they blew it up and handed the keys to people with a proven track record of actual success.

But, you should edit your post. It's going to offend, whether you intended it or not. I'm not quoting it in its entirety in case you choose to edit it.

I guess I’m not too optimistic.

While we have a Kings ransom worth of picks and $$$ for FA, enticements could prove an issue.

Nobody wants to be a part of a team this bad. Historically bad.

What worries me is guys not interested in us for any amount of money (Clowney, Drake). I’m not saying we need to outdo Tbaum (shudder) in FA, but we’ve got to compete against 31 other teams to get the guys we want. Offering more money than everybody else puts us where we were 2-3 years ago, broke. Hitting on picks is downright terrifying.

So: getting the guys we need in FA and hitting on the majority of picks. And praying that Flo is what we need when he’s on the clock, which he hasn’t been this year due to the poor roster. Next year will be his rookie year as coach.

Ive seen too many mistakes over the last 15 years. I hope they get it right, but I’m not holding my breath....

31 teams are all competing for the same FA every offseason huh?

31?

If Grier was in charge the last 3 or 4 years and if he was a good evaluator of talent he wouldn’t of needed the #1 pick and we wouldn’t of needed to rebuild to this degree.

All we have is hope, hope that he didn’t have the power to make the decisions and hope that his two buddies are good evaluators.

With so many, maybe the Dolphins hit on one or two. Plus one or two undrafted rookies over the next two years.
We hit on them occasionally when we have one pick in each round.

I was entirely being facetious.

this what I see dolphins need to be better next yr.
Qb,cb,oline, rb, pass rusher. 2020 draft and free agent players.

Agree, but I'd make RB lowest of that group. BUT, that list can change by end of season

Back
Top Bottom