Hole too deep? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hole too deep?

Since so much talk on this thread is about Grier.......... our own Chambers posted an interview he did with Grier on Monday night on the VIP room. Very good interview actually and Grier was very honest on that interview. If you haven't seen it then go see it and if you're not a VIP then I suggest you join cause it's awesome to have the benefit of a poster with real inside info.
Easier for most just to dismiss Grier. Too much effort required otherwise.

Fins are 10X better off than any pro sports expansion team ever...

Easier for most just to dismiss Grier. Too much effort required otherwise.

I’ve been thinking about something positive with Grier.

I’m very confident that four years ago, Grier had nothing to do with the hiring of Adam Gase, who I feel is a terrible terrible head coach.

I say that because we know who he hired when he was absolutely in charge, who I love as a head coaching prospect, Brian Flores, who is the epitome of what I have always lobbied for, around a premise of identifying and coaching the right talent that can play in Miami, it is my belief that you must have a strict disciplinarian to get the job done, Grier made that call, and Flores is the antithesis of Adam Gase.

So when Grier did have the control, and after the blunder that was Adam Gase, a man that I’m confident that Ross and yes man Mike Tannenbaum signed off on, he went after his man who is Brian Flores..

So for that big piece of building a championship, he made a good evaluation imo.

Its 1 year until we are competitive if we get a great QB and a RB. And that's a big if.

If we miss on a QB in the 2020 draft, its going to be a 4 or 5 year rebuild.

Its 1 year until we are competitive if we get a great QB and a RB. And that's a big if.

If we miss on a QB in the 2020 draft, its going to be a 4 or 5 year rebuild.
Miss on a QB like drafting a bust? Or not taking one?

Not at all look at the expansion jaguars as an example.

I’ve been thinking about something positive with Grier.

I’m very confident that four years ago, Grier had nothing to do with the hiring of Adam Gase, who I feel is a terrible terrible head coach.

I say that because we know who he hired when he was absolutely in charge, who I love as a head coaching prospect, Brian Flores, who is the epitome of what I have always lobbied for, around a premise of identifying and coaching the right talent that can play in Miami, it is my belief that you must have a strict disciplinarian to get the job done, Grier made that call, and Flores is the antithesis of Adam Gase.

So when Grier did have the control, and after the blunder that was Adam Gase, a man that I’m confident that Ross and yes man Mike Tannenbaum signed off on, he went after his man who is Brian Flores..

So for that big piece of building a championship, he made a good evaluation imo.
Time will.tell or give us answer. For some reason I believe michigan coach will save ross from all embarrassing yr.

Have the Dolphins gone too far with gutting the team? This was brought up by the announcers during the game last night. I realize all of our trades and releases have a specific reason but we have definitely lost some talent. Even if we hit 100% on drafts and free agents next year, we will still be quite devoid of NFL caliber players. Do we expect our first round QB to elevate the whole team?
Without reading all 82 posts, here's something to think about...

Your team did a great job of gutting the team. Here's the thing though... You had some very good players to replace. With those picks you have stockpiled, you need to replace the players you traded just to break even! Think about the LT, WR, and CB you traded.

You just traded a 2nd for Rosen, but just like in AZ, he has no O-line, no WRs, and no RB. Tua won't help you if those positions aren't addressed. Seems like a lot of work and trouble when all you were only a draft or 2 away from respectability.

Many of you guys realized this, so why don't your "experts" see it?

Without reading all 82 posts, here's something to think about...

Your team did a great job of gutting the team. Here's the thing though... You had some very good players to replace. With those picks you have stockpiled, you need to replace the players you traded just to break even! Think about the LT, WR, and CB you traded.

You just traded a 2nd for Rosen, but just like in AZ, he has no O-line, no WRs, and no RB. Tua won't help you if those positions aren't addressed. Seems like a lot of work and trouble when all you were only a draft or 2 away from respectability.

Many of you guys realized this, so why don't your "experts" see it?
Thinking you're a draft or two away is where we've been since Danny retired.

What CB did we trade away? What WR of any consequence did we trade away?

We didn't want to move Tunsil. He's an excellent player. We determined that two first round picks and a second round pick for him (and Stills, and other players, etc.) was too good of an offer to pass up (perhaps Tunsil being about to break the bank was a factor there as well).

We don't need any draft picks to make up our losses. Of course we will draft OL, CB, WR, but we have needs in many areas and should absolutely target the best players available with the highest impact.

We have around $125, $150 million to spend. I'd rather go FA for tackle (and overpay a good player) than use a high pick on one hoping to get another Tunsil. But we'll see how it plays out.

You think Ross is gonna go after Harbaugh?
Yes soon after he get tired of Grier and flores. Harbaugh's ain't winning no championship in college football..his time about run out in Michigan. I will give him 2yr.

It's not a 1 year or 2 year plan. I SEE a long term plan. Not being strangled by big talent 4 or 5 years into their contracts. you have draft capital to turn those players into 2 or 3 cheap 4 to 5 year contracts. The Patriots have done this with mid round picks. We are doing it from the start with high picks which may turn into more high and comp pics. Browns are doing it. We are copying it. 2 teams on the cutting edge. The media hyped the Browns this year. Maybe they buy it. But it's not the plan.

Back
Top Bottom