Holliday signs w/ Fins | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holliday signs w/ Fins

ckparrothead said:
Yeah I was just going to say that the fact that Holliday signed a 2 yr deal to me means he has not been promised any starting jobs.

I'm starting to be on board with Dupree on Anthony Simmons, no doubt he's an impact player when healthy...I just hope he can some day stay healthy.

Just imagine man, we've got Holliday, probably (IMO) still going after Carter who is more likely to sign with the phins than not likely, if we pull in Anthony Simmons and maybe a safety, gosh I think we'll be wondering "Surtain who?" when our defense lines up in those 4-3/3-4 alignments.

Should have known better. Saban's going to stockpile talent and figure out their roles later, just like he did with the coaching staff. Now he's going to do it with the roster.
I thought Holliday was signed to 5 tears deal..

Add Bryant, Spragan, Burgess, and Simmons to the guys were interested in that have no 3-4 experience. Matt Stewart is the lone guy with 3-4 experiecne and he had his best year last year in a 4-3.

Regardless of what anyone here says Holliday was a good signing for the right price. He has some years left in him and something to prove after getting benched. If we grab Carter and get LB Simmons at a good price our "D" is starting to ook real good. I saw in an earlier post that Simmons is interested in coming to Miami. From what I hear the guy is a playmaker when he is on the field.

Noodle Arm said:
IF we grab Carter, how long will it be until we get another "Taylor for Edge" thread? :lol:
That was my guess as well. Boomer posted it yesterday saying (I think) Portis claimed, at the Miami pro day, that that trade was going to happen. That would be surprising. I still can't see Saban doing that. Pass Rushing DE's like Taylor are too hard to find elsewhere. Even Taylor for Edge is a rip off IMO. The colts would have to throw in their 2nd as well.

Oboy said:
That was my guess as well. Boomer posted it yesterday saying (I think) Portis claimed, at the Miami pro day, that that trade was going to happen. That would be surprising. I still can't see Saban doing that. Pass Rushing DE's like Taylor are too hard to find elsewhere. Even Taylor for Edge is a rip off IMO. The colts would have to throw in their 2nd as well.

That trade will never happen. Saban like Thomas and JT too much to let one of them leave. Besides Saban said that the leaders for the defense will be Thomas and JT for the upcoming season.

Nublar7 said:
Hmm, this is kinda odd though. According to the PPB we tried to sign Carter on Friday, but his agent said a deal will probably be done Saturday. But then, he sign Holliday.

Well, think about it guys, this could be a very strong indication that JT is moving to line backer. With Holliday & Carter as the Ends and TBow & Chester rotationing in the middle, JT can now slide outside to take Greenwood's spot. Then plug in Zack & Pope in the middle & Seau on the other outside spot, you have your 3-4 alignment Saban wants to run. Now we have to draft a mid round LB or two for deapth as we only have Moore who may not be big enough for Nick's liking.

Gunner4u65 said:
Well, think about it guys, this could be a very strong indication that JT is moving to line backer. With Holliday & Carter as the Ends and TBow & Chester rotationing in the middle, JT can now slide outside to take Greenwood's spot. Then plug in Zack & Pope in the middle & Seau on the other outside spot, you have your 3-4 alignment Saban wants to run. Now we have to draft a mid round LB or two for deapth as we only have Moore who may not be big enough for Nick's liking.
Or we are just going to platoon our lineman more. Thus letting us move Taylor around... sometimes LB blitzing, sometimes from RDE, sometimes from LDE... I think he is just trying to make our team more flexible in what we do Defensively.

I agree plus if we sign Carter is it for depth or can we possibly go 3-4?? Carter and holliday are big DE could we maybe switch Taylor and Bowens to linebackers??

This along with Carter would be great signings. We'd still play a 4-3, probably with a rotation at DT with Chester, Bowens, and Carter, and Taylor and Holliday on the ends. You gotta remember guys...we're in Florida, and big DTs get worn out pretty quickly in the heat, as evidenced by all the injuries we've had at the DT spot the last couple years. I think Saban smartly believes that if he can have a solid rotation at DT, it will go a long way to preventing our December collapses and keeping our defense fresh.

rafael said:
If JT is going to play LB then it makes perfect sense to sign multiple big DEs. Not trying to start another 3-4/4-3 thread but it is one possible explanation.

I would love to JT playing LB.... man he'd tear ppls heads off!

The only thing I see so far is Saban is getting players that can fit both the 4-3 and the 3-4 defense's....I think we'll just have to wait to see if he sign's a few larger linebackers.

this sucks holliday is not sucka great player what a waste of cap room :mad:

Back
Top Bottom