Holliday signs w/ Fins | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holliday signs w/ Fins

Saben=SuperBowl said:
this sucks holliday is not sucka great player what a waste of cap room :mad:
When is the light going to go on with everyone?...We do not have the money to sign the "great" players!!!!...What would make you think we have the cap room to do that?...What great player are you talking about?..These are the exact players we are going to sign...and build through the draft.. just get used to it...patience...for the love of God...patience. :shakeno: :shakeno:

I never heard anywhere that Anthony Simmons was interested in Miami, but if he is...thatd be great. Im not too confident in Chester and TBowens. Yes they are huge guys, but are they good at stopping the run?? I was thinking that Holliday is a good signing, then signing Carter and putting him in the middle along with maybe Marques Douglas, and David Bowens on the outside. For linebacker we have Thomas, Seau and Taylor. For now i think we only need to sign one linebacker, and thats Matt Stewart most likely. But im just curious as to whether or not TBowens and Chester are good run stoppers? Because if they arent, we may want to think about signing 2 defensive tackles along with Carter and Holliday. Then for linebacker we'd have Seau, Thomas, Taylor, we can rotate in Pope and Bowens...man, Miami is going to have one too many good linebackers. lol

first&goal said:
I thought Holliday was signed to 5 tears deal..

I read it was only two years. Which likely means its a VERY small signing bonus :thumbsup:

ItalianDolFan said:
I never heard anywhere that Anthony Simmons was interested in Miami, but if he is...

Was in todays paper....

ItalianDolFan said:
Then for linebacker we'd have Seau, Thomas, Taylor, we can rotate in Pope and Bowens...man, Miami is going to have one too many good linebackers. lol

TAYLOR IS NOT A LINEBACKER!!
UNDERSTAND???

THEY ARE NOT CONVERTING HIM.

Sorry for the caps, just trying to get through to you.

He is one of the best, if not THE best, DE's in the game. Your logic to make him a LB astounds me.

Hey Peyton is 6.5" or so. Make him a WR?

Taylor CAN play LB in a 3-4. Remember Jason Gildon in his prime with the Steelers. He was pretty darn good and JT is a better athelete than Gildon.

I neve

*sigh*
I never said he couldn't I said he won't.
Maybe the odd scheme, but mainly he will be on the line. Its a waste of his talent.

I am sure Surtain would make a hell of a FS. Yet he is more valuable as a Corner.

Mitchy71 said:
*sigh*
I never said he couldn't I said he won't.
Maybe the odd scheme, but mainly he will be on the line. Its a waste of his talent.

I am sure Surtain would make a hell of a FS. Yet he is more valuable as a Corner.

Settle down there Mitchy. If Saban plays a 3-4 base defense 40-50% of the time, where is JT going to line up? Inquiring minds want to know.

ckparrothead said:
Big expense for that down and distance situation though. I foresee Holliday (and Carter if signed) as precipitating a move toward a lot more 3-4 fronts than a lot of people admitted we'd see.

Agreed as this would certainly explain why Saban is looking for the "larger based guys" that has been reported recently.

Carter and Holliday are perfect for a 34 defense.

Mitchy71 said:
TAYLOR IS NOT A LINEBACKER!!
UNDERSTAND???

THEY ARE NOT CONVERTING HIM.

Sorry for the caps, just trying to get through to you.

He is one of the best, if not THE best, DE's in the game. Your logic to make him a LB astounds me.

Hey Peyton is 6.5" or so. Make him a WR?

Taylor has already played the "elephant" position in college at Akron. If you had watched closely last year you would have seen Taylor line up at ILB, OLB
for blitzing purposes and drop into coverage from his DE position during zone blitz plays.

If anything this would prolong his career instead of taking the constant chip blocks and crack backs to which he is subjected to far to often.

I know a lot of people want JT to play LB, and I think he would do fine, but would he be feared like he is now?? I just think he's played DE is whole career and done one HELL of a job at it! So I think you need to keep him at DE IMO.

It seems like we are the only people who know of this signing, none of the NFL websites have reported us signing Holliday yet. They must be taking the day off because they don't have any signings by any team listed for today

nick19991 said:
It seems like we are the only people who know of this signing, none of the NFL websites have reported us signing Holliday yet. They must be taking the day off because they don't have any signings by any team listed for today
ESPN.com has the story.

Back
Top Bottom