Hollins > DVP, Fuller, Wilson, Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hollins > DVP, Fuller, Wilson, Williams

DVP is not "terrible", he's injury prone. If we cut him, I promise some team will grab him in a second. When he's healthy and gets targeted he's impressive af.
Don’t agree. He’s been healthy and targeted plenty. He doesn’t produce. He had one great season with Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing him jump balls. Every other year of his career, he’s been remarkably unproductive. Unfortunately, Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing jump balls has been proven to not be an effective offense if you’re looking to win games and go to the playoffs.

Hollins is on the team because of his play on special teams. Otherwise he is no better than a 6th WR on the mediocre teams in the league and wouldn’t even make the roster on the better teams.

The one thing he is better at than the four WR’s you listed is at least he doesn’t appear to be injury prone. If all the WR‘s listed could actually remain healthy, Hollins would be the worst of all those receivers.

Hollins is on the team because of his play on special teams. Otherwise he is no better than a 6th WR on the mediocre teams in the league and wouldn’t even make the roster on the better teams.

The one thing he is better at than the four WR’s you listed is at least he doesn’t appear to be injury prone. If all the WR‘s listed could actually remain healthy, Hollins would be the worst of all those receivers.
That’s a huge if…

Not trolling, and no he isn’t. He’s had good games, yes. He’s started 60 games. Some of those should be good. What do you expect, 60 straight games of failure?

For the amount of opportunities he’s gotten, DeVante Parker has been astonishingly unproductive. Please find me another guy who’s been a #1 receiver for more than half a decade but hasn’t cracked 800 yards twice. Doesn’t exist.
But the point is that lack of production is because he’s not on the field.

If you wanna trash him for that, totally fair game.But the lack of production is due to not being on the field, it’s not an indication of his talent.

Yikes. Hollins better than those guys? Put it this way, if Hollins is your no 1 WR you have the worst WR corps in the entire NFL (and CFL) by far. I like him as the role player he is.

Here’s a thought. If Parker and Fuller were available Sunday, w the game Tua had, perhaps we score more points.

Agree Wilson stinks - 2 years of missed football shows.

But the point is that lack of production is because he’s not on the field.

If you wanna trash him for that, totally fair game.But the lack of production and a due to not being on the field, it’s not an indication of his talent.
I get it, I just still don’t agree. He’s played 13+ games in 5 of his 7 seasons in the NFL. That’s plenty of on-field time to produce. He just doesn’t produce even when he’s playing. He has like 3 good games a year where we all pretend he’s “healthy,” then he’s unproductive the whole rest of the season and we chalk it up to nicks and dings. But it’s football. Everyone is dinged up. They produce, he doesn’t.

I get it, I just still don’t agree. He’s played 13+ games in 5 of his 7 seasons in the NFL. That’s plenty of on-field time to produce. He just doesn’t produce even when he’s playing. He has like 3 good games a year where we all pretend he’s “healthy,” then he’s unproductive the whole rest of the season and we chalk it up to nicks and dings. But it’s football. Everyone is dinged up. They produce, he doesn’t.
But he has produced. I haven’t done the math, but I bet if you extrapolate his stats to 16 starts he’s in the top half of the league or so in yards per game. He’s just not on the field.

I’d gladly take that bet if we decide to move on this off-season. Parker has been our #1 receiver for more than half a decade and has one 1,000-yard season to his name. He’s never even cracked 800 yards receiving in any other year. His Dolphins stats are almost identical to Brian Hartline’s, and Hartline was out of the league two years after leaving the Dolphins.

Parker was a bust who has kept getting volume because there hasn’t been anybody else to throw the ball to.
Amazing what a straight forward analysis of a players history brings up.

Imagine a receiver, at any position, having an exceptional year and several "NFL type of average" years.

A fan could make a rational assessment for keeping or trading a player using that kind of information. Too bad so many posters appear to be ignoring that kind of information.

DVP is terrible. If we cut him tomorrow, I don’t think he’d ever start another NFL game. He’s both slow AND soft, and he’s unavailable half of every season. Otherwise, he’s fantastic.

Wilson is worse. He’s a gadget player who’s gotten old and lost his explosion. Which means he’s worthless.

Fuller doesn’t want to play football.

Williams is the only one worth anything, but he’s had a legitimately hard time staying healthy. Not DVP/Fuller-style pulled butt muscles, but actual structural injuries.

I definitely agree Hollins is better than the first two. Fuller’s lack of interest makes him irrelevant, so Hollins is better than him, too. I prefer Preston when healthy, but he needs to prove he can stay healthy.

I'd venture ppl were saying the same about DVP a few yrs ago as well

While I agree, the best ability is availability. And in that category, Parker is useless.

I anticipate that once he departs, he'll play 17 games and ball out for another team, nonetheless. Because Dolphins.

I would amend "Because Dolphins" to "another drama queen who just got cured by having a dose of reality (being traded) stuck to him".

What do you think?

But he has produced. I haven’t done the math, but I bet if you extrapolate his stats to 16 starts he’s in the top half of the league or so in yards per game. He’s just not on the field.
Why, exactly, haven't you done the math before you start stating he's in the top half of the league?

Is it too hard?

Don't you know where to look?

Is it possible that if you did look, you might miss out on a posting opportunity?

I'm at a loss for a rational explanation for you, as to why you didn't research what you predicted.

Back
Top Bottom