Hollins > DVP, Fuller, Wilson, Williams | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hollins > DVP, Fuller, Wilson, Williams

This may be a total shock to you, but it isn’t my day job to look up stats on football players. I literally said “I bet” as in “without knowing, this is what I predict.”

I would counter to you, why did you write all that instead of doing the math?
If you had read some of my earlier posts, I did "do the math", most recently in setting up a spreadsheet of some basic stats of the Browns for the last six years to support my opinion on why an arbitrary "2 or 3 years to rebuild time" is ludicrous.

Did you happen to see it?

It's not "my day job" either, as you would say, "to look up stats on football players."

I actually evaluate Dolphins stats about 4 or 5 times a year, to get a real idea of the Teams trajectory beyond just the W - L stats.

Part of my interest in the Dolphins is watching them develop as a team and I find getting facts that describe how that development is progressing very useful and fulfilling.

It would be "blatantly" foolish of me to rely solely on opinions, well intentioned or not - ignorant or not, by the posters here, over factual knowledge (warts & all) that can be easily located and evaluated.

For that reason I often look up the teams stats. That also allows me to determine the "quality" of the posts I read here.

You should try it sometime, you may even find you are occasionally right.

I would be interested in knowing how you would feel about that?

DVP is terrible. If we cut him tomorrow, I don’t think he’d ever start another NFL game. He’s both slow AND soft, and he’s unavailable half of every season. Otherwise, he’s fantastic.

Wilson is worse. He’s a gadget player who’s gotten old and lost his explosion. Which means he’s worthless.

Fuller doesn’t want to play football.

Williams is the only one worth anything, but he’s had a legitimately hard time staying healthy. Not DVP/Fuller-style pulled butt muscles, but actual structural injuries.

I definitely agree Hollins is better than the first two. Fuller’s lack of interest makes him irrelevant, so Hollins is better than him, too. I prefer Preston when healthy, but he needs to prove he can stay healthy.

Williams is worth way less than any of our other WR. Not only is he always injured, he is just a sloppy football player technique wise.

If you had read some of my earlier posts, I did "do the math", most recently in setting up a spreadsheet of some basic stats of the Browns for the last six years to support my opinion on why an arbitrary "2 or 3 years to rebuild time" is ludicrous.

Did you happen to see it?

It's not "my day job" either, as you would say, "to look up stats on football players."

I actually evaluate Dolphins stats about 4 or 5 times a year, to get a real idea of the Teams trajectory beyond just the W - L stats.

Part of my interest in the Dolphins is watching them develop as a team and I find getting facts that describe how that development is progressing very useful and fulfilling.

It would be "blatantly" foolish of me to rely solely on opinions, well intentioned or not - ignorant or not, by the posters here, over factual knowledge (warts & all) that can be easily located and evaluated.

For that reason I often look up the teams stats. That also allows me to determine the "quality" of the posts I read here.

You should try it sometime, you may even find you are occasionally right.

I would be interested in knowing how you would feel about that?
I’m honestly not sure you can even produce a coherent thought right now on this subject. We’re talking about DVPs yards. Did you really think the question was “have you ever done math on an unrelated topic in your life” lol?

Edit: since you want to be so insufferable, I decided to take a look at last year

DVP played in 14 games, starting 11. Even if we ignore all the games he missed significant portions of and only say he missed 2 games… 793 yard receiving in 14 games= 56.6 yards per game. 56.6x2 = 113. 113+793= 906. That would have put him at about 30th in yards, squarely within the top half of the leagues starters.

So without doing the math, I was almost exactly on point. I hope you feel good about yourself lol. I do thank you for getting me to put in the work to confirm my estimates are usually pretty damn good

Last edited:
I don’t disagree with OP. I have no use for frequently injured players.

So far this season (including pre season) Hollins has played very well. I think he may be better than DVP,Fuller Wilson and Williams, when you factor in availability/injury. I would like to see him continue in the starting role with Waddle. We can supplement with the ‘injury squad“ as needed. And in the off season, trade them.

Ummm...yeah there are no words that adequately describe them lunacy of this post. Wow

This site is getting unbearable

He's a perfectly capable receiver. Seems to find open space well. Big body. Good hands. Excellent special teams player.
I'd make room for a guy like Hollins on the roster. Sure, he's not a #1 WR, but since Miami's main WRs are always injured, I'd like to see him get more snaps.

I'd take Kirk Merritt over all of those guys as well, for the simple fact that he's available on Sundays. Those 3 sissified bums are as useless as all of us are to this team.
Sure!!! Merritt best WR on this team......during preseason playing against 4th and 5th stringers and making plays in practice against a mediocre Dolphins defense. Why the Man Crush???

While I certainly don't think he's better than some of those guys when healthy, I would like to see him get more opportunities for no other reason than that he's earned it. I really don't like the message it sends when someone like Williams finally decides to get healthy and then takes the place of a guy like Hollins who's out there week after week contributing. I do have a weak spot in my heart for overachievers though with the polar opposite feeling for underachievers and unfortunately this team has a lot more of those.

Williams is worth way less than any of our other WR. Not only is he always injured, he is just a sloppy football player technique wise.
Disagree. Williams is a legitimate talent. He needs to stay healthy and continue to improve, but he has a chance to be a very good football player.

I’m honestly not sure you can even produce a coherent thought right now on this subject. We’re talking about DVPs yards. Did you really think the question was “have you ever done math on an unrelated topic in your life” lol?

Edit: since you want to be so insufferable, I decided to take a look at last year

DVP played in 14 games, starting 11. Even if we ignore all the games he missed significant portions of and only say he missed 2 games… 793 yard receiving in 14 games= 56.6 yards per game. 56.6x2 = 113. 113+793= 906. That would have put him at about 30th in yards, squarely within the top half of the leagues starters.

So without doing the math, I was almost exactly on point. I hope you feel good about yourself lol. I do thank you for getting me to put in the work to confirm my estimates are usually pretty damn good
And all this time I thought this thread was about:

Hollins >> Larry, Curly or Moe or whatever there names are - LOL

Ok cmon. Parker is way better than Hollins. Are we really debating this?! Parker is always hurt - yes, true. Different players w different roles. Both valuable when on the field.

Back
Top Bottom