Hollins > DVP, Fuller, Wilson, Williams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hollins > DVP, Fuller, Wilson, Williams

If Parker and Hollins were your two starting WRs, at the end of the year who would have more catches and yards, considering injuries

So far this season (including pre season) Hollins has played very well. I think he may be better than DVP,Fuller Wilson and Williams, when you factor in availability/injury. I would like to see him continue in the starting role with Waddle. We can supplement with the ‘injury squad“ as needed. And in the off season, trade them.
I like him. He’s a gamer…

So far this season (including pre season) Hollins has played very well. I think he may be better than DVP,Fuller Wilson and Williams, when you factor in availability/injury. I would like to see him continue in the starting role with Waddle. We can supplement with the ‘injury squad“ as needed. And in the off season, trade them.
Not gonna lie, he was wide open on several occasions on Sunday. It was shocking actually. Not sure if this was Hollins knack for finding the soft spots, or blow coverages by the Jags...either way, it happened a few times. He deserves more targets.

Im personally done with Fuller and Williams, and one foot off the DVP train.

I wouldn't say Hollins is better, but those other guys are completely undependable! Dolphins lose a couple of more games they can put all four on the next plane out of Miami. The Dolphins can only blame themselves for continually keeping injury prone players. It's the definition of insanity!!! One of the many missteps that have brought us to 1-5.

Agree, especially with the injury caveat.

I like Parker, but I'd look to trade him. Maybe for a player rather than a draft pick. There's no way the team signs Fuller after this season. Wilson has been non-existent.

Amazing how this looked like a strength for Miami.

Given the current trajectory of our WRs, IMO, waiving Perry (who's presently on injured reserve with NE) was another boneheaded mistake.

Why, exactly, haven't you done the math before you start stating he's in the top half of the league?

Is it too hard?

Don't you know where to look?

Is it possible that if you did look, you might miss out on a posting opportunity?

I'm at a loss for a rational explanation for you, as to why you didn't research what you predicted.
This may be a total shock to you, but it isn’t my day job to look up stats on football players. I literally said “I bet” as in “without knowing, this is what I predict.”

I would counter to you, why did you write all that instead of doing the math?

Hollins is on the team because of his play on special teams. Otherwise he is no better than a 6th WR on the mediocre teams in the league and wouldn’t even make the roster on the better teams.

The one thing he is better at than the four WR’s you listed is at least he doesn’t appear to be injury prone. If all the WR‘s listed could actually remain healthy, Hollins would be the worst of all those receivers.
In football the most important ability is availability.

Hollins had that amazing catch last year against the Raiders.

DVP would immediately be picked up by the Pats or Bills, I guarantee it.

The only argument you can make for him being "better" is he can actually get on the field. No way better talent wise. Well he's better than Wilson.
yeah but how good are you if you can't stay healthy?....lol

I’d gladly take that bet if we decide to move on this off-season. Parker has been our #1 receiver for more than half a decade and has one 1,000-yard season to his name. He’s never even cracked 800 yards receiving in any other year. His Dolphins stats are almost identical to Brian Hartline’s, and Hartline was out of the league two years after leaving the Dolphins.

Parker was a bust who has kept getting volume because there hasn’t been anybody else to throw the ball to.
Parker…. Is not a bust. At all. Want an example of that? Laquon Treadwell

Ideally Parker would be a #2 guy on a team. But that team must know that he will be missing games and plan ahead

Parker…. Is not a bust. At all. Want an example of that? Laquon Treadwell

Ideally Parker would be a #2 guy on a team. But that team must know that he will be missing games and plan ahead
Fair. Parker is not a Laquon Treadwell-style bust. He is a legitimate NFL player who has belonged on an NFL roster and been a net positive for his teams. He is a bust in the sense that he went #14 overall and, in my opinion, has not produced any more than virtually any mediocre NFL WR would produce if they were made the #1 option on an NFL team and fed 80-120 targets per season.

For example, and to OP’s point, if we made Mack Hollins our #1 receiver next year and threw him the ball 100 times, I think he’d give you Devante Parker-level production — which, for all but one season of Parker’s career, has meant less than 800 yards receiving and 3-4 touchdowns.

Back
Top Bottom