Honest thoughts about starting Rosen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Honest thoughts about starting Rosen

Kyndig

Seasoned Veteran
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
It’s clear we are tanking for Tua. Maybe not the coaches and players, but obviously the owner and front office are with the personnel moves they have made.

I’m down with that, it is what it is,it’s the best chance to get a franchise qb that we’ve had since we passed on drafting Rodgers and signing Brees who btw we also could have drafted, but I digress.

I think Rosen has some talent and I would like to see him compete with the QB we draft next year. However, we don’t have two starting NFL caliber tackles and our guard positions are also going to be manned either by rookies or by marginal talents that will need to learn this offense from scratch.

Even max protecting with a full back and tight ends, we are going to struggle with protections for awhile, and I for one don’t want to ruin Rosen ala David Carr. I firmly support the plan to sit Rosen until our line gels and can at least prevent him from getting killed if that’s possible. If that’s not possible, then I am also cool sitting him till next year or very late in the year. He deserves a fair valuation and a fair shot and I think a lively QB competition will only raise everyone’s level of play next year. Just my two cents...

Reactions: BSQ
It’s clear we are tanking for Tua. Maybe not the coaches and players, but obviously the owner and front office are with the personnel moves they have made.

I’m down with that, it is what it is,it’s the best chance to get a franchise qb that we’ve had since we passed on drafting Rodgers and signing Brees who btw we also could have drafted, but I digress.

I think Rosen has some talent and I would like to see him compete with the QB we draft next year. However, we don’t have two starting NFL caliber tackles and our guard positions are also going to be manned either by rookies or by marginal talents that will need to learn this offense from scratch.

Even max protecting with a full back and tight ends, we are going to struggle with protections for awhile, and I for one don’t want to ruin Rosen ala David Carr. I firmly support the plan to sit Rosen until our line gels and can at least prevent him from getting killed if that’s possible. If that’s not possible, then I am also cool sitting him till next year or very late in the year. He deserves a fair valuation and a fair shot and I think a lively QB competition will only raise everyone’s level of play next year. Just my two cents...

Anyone that starts of a sentence with "its clear" or "obviously" with regard to something they have zero information about, is considered a high value source in the new America.

Josh Rosen still has room to grow.

The 22-year-old, who is in his first year with the Dolphins, lost out in the team's quarterback competition and will open the season behind veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick on the depth chart. Miami offensive coordinator Chad O’Shea was asked about Rosen's progress when he met with reporters earlier this week.

“Josh is — as we’ve talked about — he’s still learning the offense,” O’Shea said Tuesday, via the Palm Beach Post. “He’s doing a good job on all of the things that aren’t the physical part of the game he’s improving on, whether it be his awareness on the field, his overall familiarity with the offense, his fundamentals that he needs to work on, just like all the other players need to work on. He’s in the same position a lot of other players are. There are just a few fundamentals we’re really concentrating on with him.”

Anyone that starts of a sentence with "its clear" or "obviously" with regard to something they have zero information about, is considered a high value source in the new America.

To say we have zero information isn’t fair or accurate. In fact, we have a ton of information. If you would prefer, you could change it to “It’s obvious we are tanking this season and will draft the highest rated QB next year” then that’s fine too. If you don’t think we are tanking this season than you are delusional in the face of overwhelming evidence that clearly points to that path.

If you think Josh Rosen will somehow demonstrate he is our franchise QB behind this offensive line, then you are also delusional.

If you think Fitzpatrick will have success this year, again, see above.

Otherwise, what do you predict is going to happen this year and the 2020 draft?

So tired of hearing “tanking for Tua”. The statement is just dumb. We’re not tanking for anyone. We’re going thru a total rebuild and it’s something that should of happened years and years ago. Too many regimes putting bandaids on things. When this coach was hired and when Grier was stated as the guy picking the groceries Ross made it crystal clear it could take a couple of year but he wanted to finally do it the right way. If you’re not on board with this I question your loyalty as a Fin fan. As bad as we are personnel wise this coach is still going to try to win and play hard fundamental football.

If Rosen can show with limited protection and compromised receiving corp that he can still relatively ball against proven NFL defenders, AFAIC, we use our newfound riches to surround him with talent and shore up out edge rushing. If he does, he's proven his value vs any college QB, each with blemishes, that looks good throwing against future FEDEX drivers. And if Rosen doesn't , then it's on to Alabama, Georgia, Oregon or wherever.

Obviously if you're a fan, you're hoping Rosen does prove himself against more worthy competition and that's one less position we need to shoot craps on.

So tired of hearing “tanking for Tua”. The statement is just dumb. We’re not tanking for anyone. We’re going thru a total rebuild and it’s something that should of happened years and years ago. Too many regimes putting bandaids on things. When this coach was hired and when Grier was stated as the guy picking the groceries Ross made it crystal clear it could take a couple of year but he wanted to finally do it the right way. If you’re not on board with this I question your loyalty as a Fin fan. As bad as we are personnel wise this coach is still going to try to win and play hard fundamental football.

The front office and the Owner have taken a wrecking ball to this roster. The coaches and the players are going to try and win every game, we all understand that. But, call it whatever you want, tanking is also an accurate description as is “rebuilding” if you want to sugar coat it. There have been reports that Ross is enamoured with Tua who as of now is probably the highest regarded QB prospect that is likely to come out next year as he is on track to graduate early.

Tanking for Tua is not dumb, it’s what seems to be happening. Now, if there is another QB prospect who comes out next year that is higher rated, then maybe they will take that person, but as of now, yeah, it looks like the front office has stripped this team at Oline and other positions and set up this team to not have the talent to compete. Call that what you want, but all of those draft picks are going to be used to yes rebuild the team, but also to draft the best QB prospect available to this team in the 2020 draft which as of this writing looks like it will probably be Tua.

My only point with this thread, was that I hope that the coaching staff doesn’t throw Rosen in too early this year because the offensive line is as of this writing an absolute shite show. I think Rosen is a good prospect and I hope that he is developed so that he can compete with the QB that we are going to draft high in next year’s draft. I am on board with the front office’s direction because I think we need a franchise QB, and this is our best chance to get one.

Also, I have been a fan of this team since 1974, so in terms of loyalty, yes, sadly I have been loyal to this franchise despite the decades of mediocrity and disappointment that we have been mired in, so when I see the front office trying something different I am actually happy with that. If we are going to be bad, then lets be really bad so we can get Tua or whomever else may be better next draft without having to trade any of that significant draft capital to do so and then surround him and Rosen with enough talent, protection, and weapons, so that we can turn this franchise around.

It’s nothing to be offended by, rebuilding, tanking, whatever you want to call it, it’s simply what this franchise is attempting in an effort to get better and break the cycle of mediocrity.

Rosen will be battling our #1 pick next year for the starting spot.

Will he? If you're the Dolphins organization or any organization(See Cardinals) that went out and draft a QB #1 are you really going to put him in a "competition" where he could very well lose?
Then what?

Will he? If you're the Dolphins organization or any organization(See Cardinals) that went out and draft a QB #1 are you really going to put him in a "competition" where he could very well lose?
Then what?
You keep the winner of the competition and trade the runner up when you can get max value or, if you think the guy can win it later, you carry both until you decide who is the long term future. They're both on rookie salaries...not a financial burden. If one of them is adverse to competition, he's not franchise QB caliber...

Then what?

I think so. What if he loses the first year, but then takes the job the second year? Or what if he loses to Rosen because all of a sudden the light comes on for Rosen and he becomes our franchise QB. I’ll admit, that scenario might be less likely, but it’s absolutely possible. We did after all trade for him and he also was a top QB prospect in his draft? What if the guy we draft next year turns out not to be the guy or gets hurt? Then you still have Rosen to bank on, and maybe even Lawrence coming out the following year?

Anyways, I think competition is a good thing and will make both QB’s better. It’s also possible that Tua or whomever clearly beats out Rosen in the first year and then you can really be happy because then it is even more likely that we have found the next person to finally take the torch that Marino has held out waiting for a worthy candidate take for the past 20 years.

You keep the winner of the competition and trade the runner up when you can get max value or, if you think the guy can win it later, you carry both until you decide who is the long term future. They're both on rookie salaries...not a financial burden. If one of them is adverse to competition, he's not franchise QB caliber...

That's one way but you run the great risk of killing the guy youve just drafted confidence. Remember these are kids and I don't care they're the #1 overall pick. They get all of this hype only to lose a QB competition, sit on the bench, and deal with all the public/media stuff of not playing?

Come on...There are very few young kids that can go through that and still end up living up to the #1 draft status.

I hate to say it but you have to coddle and nourish that #1 pick.

Rosen, honestly, likely still in shocked and traumatized by what the Cardinals did to him after 1 year.

I think so. What if he loses the first year, but then takes the job the second year? Or what if he loses to Rosen because all of a sudden the light comes on for Rosen and he becomes our franchise QB. I’ll admit, that scenario might be less likely, but it’s absolutely possible. We did after all trade for him and he also was a top QB prospect in his draft? What if the guy we draft next year turns out not to be the guy or gets hurt? Then you still have Rosen to bank on, and maybe even Lawrence coming out the following year?

Anyways, I think competition is a good thing and will make both QB’s better. It’s also possible that Tua or whomever clearly beats out Rosen in the first year and then you can really be happy because then it is even more likely that we have found the next person to finally take the torch that Marino has held out waiting for a worthy candidate take for the past 20 years.

Rosen's not a complete scrub. I find it hard to believe a raw rookie is going to come into training came, new to the entire nfl, playbook, and players and beat out a Josh Rosen. Especially a Rosen that has a 1 year..really 2 years leg up on that rookie.

To say we have zero information isn’t fair or accurate. In fact, we have a ton of information. If you would prefer, you could change it to “It’s obvious we are tanking this season and will draft the highest rated QB next year” then that’s fine too. If you don’t think we are tanking this season than you are delusional in the face of overwhelming evidence that clearly points to that path.

If you think Josh Rosen will somehow demonstrate he is our franchise QB behind this offensive line, then you are also delusional.

If you think Fitzpatrick will have success this year, again, see above.

Otherwise, what do you predict is going to happen this year and the 2020 draft?

Incorrect. First I don't deal with "predictions" - this is the puerile pleasure of little boys. I deal in analytical facts. You have zero information on what this staff actually thinks about any player on this roster, you have zero information about what their future intentions are, you have zero information on how future, unforeseen strategic circumstances may impact the firs two things stated. You talk in rabid assumptions based on incomplete information and no insider position within the front office or staff. Starting a sentence with "if you think" demonstrates you have no idea what you are talking about because it is based on a presumptive assumption. "If you think" is a way people establish strawmen - in actual debate channels it is considered one of the most rudimentary indications that a debative party is simply word-filling. Everything you have said is based on your own perceptions of reality and those perceptions of other opinion-vomiters who have zero access to the information they are attempting to push as "obvious." The same vomit pushers by the way that said the Dolphins were not trading for Rosen, that had zero insight on the purge, nor any information on how the Tunsil trade would actually play out without Clowney involved. Just be honest, you have zero idea what this franchise intends to do with Rosen, how next years draft will play out, who this team is or will be targeting,or even who will be on the 53 man roster next Tuesday. You are completely in the dark and simply regurgitating things you have read or heard, which is fine - every internet mumbler does it- but it does not change the fact that your are nowhere near the decision-making calculus of those being paid to make said decisions over the next 2-3 years. When Rosen starts 8-10 games this year and is in camp next year competing for the starting job will you be willing to admit that you were wrong?

Back
Top Bottom