Honest thoughts about starting Rosen | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Honest thoughts about starting Rosen

Josh Rosen still has room to grow.

The 22-year-old, who is in his first year with the Dolphins, lost out in the team's quarterback competition and will open the season behind veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick on the depth chart. Miami offensive coordinator Chad O’Shea was asked about Rosen's progress when he met with reporters earlier this week.

“Josh is — as we’ve talked about — he’s still learning the offense,” O’Shea said Tuesday, via the Palm Beach Post. “He’s doing a good job on all of the things that aren’t the physical part of the game he’s improving on, whether it be his awareness on the field, his overall familiarity with the offense, his fundamentals that he needs to work on, just like all the other players need to work on. He’s in the same position a lot of other players are. There are just a few fundamentals we’re really concentrating on with him.”

Blah, blah, blah...Rosen clearly earned the starting spot even with his limited knowledge

So tired of hearing “tanking for Tua”. The statement is just dumb. We’re not tanking for anyone. We’re going thru a total rebuild and it’s something that should of happened years and years ago. Too many regimes putting bandaids on things. When this coach was hired and when Grier was stated as the guy picking the groceries Ross made it crystal clear it could take a couple of year but he wanted to finally do it the right way. If you’re not on board with this I question your loyalty as a Fin fan. As bad as we are personnel wise this coach is still going to try to win and play hard fundamental football.

I would agree if we had Rosen starting
With him not Tanking for Tua seems like a justifiable statement

I am on board for tanking this season but not for Tua. I don't like the history of Alabama QB's in the NFL and don't see how he would be the savior of the franchise, even with the draft capital and salary cap to build a roster around him over the next couple of off seasons. Look at the last 10 years of QB's at Alabama when they were competing for and winning national championships and how many of them have had any success in the NFL.
Greg McElroy? Never made it off the practice squad for the Bengals after getting cut by the Jets.
John Parker Wilson? Again, never made it off the practice squads of Atlanta, Jacksonville or Pittsburgh.
AJ McCarron? If he sticks around will probably be a career backup.
Blake Sims? Played in Canada and spent a limited amount of time on the Buccaneers and last played in the AAF.
Jake Coker? Never made it through the Cardinals training camp.

Until I see Rosen play some meaningful football for the team, I will reserve judgement about whether he is the future of this team. I have no idea what is going on in the locker room or the coaches offices so I will not pretend to know more than what I have seen with my own eyes.

No more "Tanking for Tua."

I am rolling with "Talentless for Tua."

First, I see no logic in 'taking for Tua.' It could just as easily be 'tanking for Fromm.' No one knows what type of QB Flo will want or how the evaluations of QBs will go. There's a chance Miami will have the #1 pick, but there's also a chance they'll pick 4 or 5 and won't have much of a choice on QB.
And no one knows what criteria Rosen must meet to be 'good enough' in Flo's eyes. Top 10 QB is good enough? Average QB but still not at his ceiling? Did he show he's a quality QB, but was limited by the OL (even Tua lovers admit the OL is bad). Anyone pretending to know is spouting speculation.
Yes, it's possible Miami gets the #1 pick and selects Tua. And it's possible he's the next Montana. That would thrill ANY Miami fan. But there were many guarantees Leaf WILL BE an elite QB. And Russell, and RGIII, and Mariota, and . . .
I agree with u on that. Tua seems to be the highest rated prospect, but yes, at the end of the year perhaps it’s someone else. I clarified this in Posts after the original one I made, but I won’t disagree with you on what u said

Oh the common, 'If you don't agree with me, you're delusional.'

You could be right. You could be wrong. The only delusion is thinking you KNOW these things.

It’s not about agreeing with me it’s more about observing the obvious. When u trade ur franchise left tackle for a boatload if high draft picks and don’t have solid starters at basically any starting position in the offensive line one week before the start of the season and have a journeyman 36 year old qb on his like 1 millionth team (ok 8th!) I think it’s a solid bet and assumption to assume this team is not going to win very many games year.

Let’s have this discussion again in 8 weeks and see where we are. If I am wrong I will admit it. Will you admit u were wrong I wonder?

It’s not about agreeing with me it’s more about observing the obvious. When u trade ur franchise left tackle for a boatload if high draft picks and don’t have solid starters at basically any starting position in the offensive line one week before the start of the season and have a journeyman 36 year old qb on his like 1 millionth team (ok 8th!) I think it’s a solid bet and assumption to assume this team is not going to win very many games year.

Let’s have this discussion again in 8 weeks and see where we are. If I am wrong I will admit it. Will you admit u were wrong I wonder?
What would I be wrong about?

I am on board for tanking this season but not for Tua. I don't like the history of Alabama QB's in the NFL and don't see how he would be the savior of the franchise, even with the draft capital and salary cap to build a roster around him over the next couple of off seasons. Look at the last 10 years of QB's at Alabama when they were competing for and winning national championships and how many of them have had any success in the NFL.
Greg McElroy? Never made it off the practice squad for the Bengals after getting cut by the Jets.
John Parker Wilson? Again, never made it off the practice squads of Atlanta, Jacksonville or Pittsburgh.
Blake Sims? Played in Canada and spent a limited amount of time on the Buccaneers and last played in the AAF.

Until I see Rosen play some meaningful football for the team, I will reserve judgement about whether he is the future of this team. I have no idea what is going on in the locker room or the coaches offices so I will not pretend to know more than what I have seen with my own eyes.

Name the UCLA QBs from the past 10 years that are in the NFL. This is a terrible angle to take.

Bravo!

Take a bow!

:woot:

What conclusions have you come to based on the front offices recent actions and this team’s depth chart for this year? I’m curious, if you want to poo poo this, what facts or observations do u have to share with me based on what u have seen this off season that warrant your opinion or dissmisal of my opinion or observations so easily.

What is your opinion big guy? And what data do you have to back that opinion up?

You tell me. What’s your opinion about this season and the upcoming draft? Easy to tell me I’m wrong, how about u tell me why I’m wrong?
My point was that you cant say anything definitive.

My point was that you cant say anything definitive.
Sure I can. U are saying nothing. So, u tell me, how many games do U think we will win/lose this year and why? What will we do on the draft next year?

If u aren’t willing to put yourself out there then that’s all any it is need to know as we assess how to process ur posts. Easy to tear down, harder to post a meaningful insight or opinion.

Sure I can. U are saying nothing. So, u tell me, how many games do I think we will win/lose this year and why? What will we do on the draft next year?

If u aren’t willing to put yourself out there then that’s all any it is need to know as we assess how to process ur posts. Easy to tear down, harder to post a meaningful insight or opinion.
Again, I don't make foolish statements like they are fact.

This is a weird take. Clemson had a bunch of busts in the NFL until they didn't. Alabama didn't all of a sudden taint Tua's potential. He was the top high school prospect for a reason, and he's not relying on a crazy running game to score points like the rest of the Alabama QBs did. He IS the driving force of their offense. It's not the same thing at all.

Back
Top Bottom