Honesty: What did you do when Tannehill fumbled at the end of the game... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Honesty: What did you do when Tannehill fumbled at the end of the game...

That was me about 5-7 years ago, I've now graduated to numbness and denial, I look at our record and I still think we have a chance till that last game when we're officially eliminated. Every year I always have fantasies of that magic run, that makes me happy, until every year the Dolphins tear my heart out of my chest and crush my fantasies. I don't even get angry anymore, I just wish my dreams of winning a Super Bowl can happen again in my lifetime. ( I was too young to enjoy the 70's championships) I'm a lifer so I'll hang in there till the bitter end, but man the season started out so beautifully.

When we won our 3rd game this year (which seems like forever ago) I was at a sportsbar, surrounded by Dolphins fans. Everyone except for me was ecstatic, and chanting 3 and 0! 3 and 0! My brother (who's a diehard Falcons fan) was there with me, and asked, "Why aren't you happy or excited? You're ****ing 3 and 0!" I just looked at him incredulously and said, "Seriously dude? You know how this story is gonna end."

So today got no response from me at all. And I'm pretty sure the sportsbar got stiffed on probably 10-15 tabs, as most everyone walked out and left as soon as the strip sack happened.

I think I reacted worse on the overthrow to Hartline. Where I picked up the remote and slammed it against the nice comfy couch because I didn't want to break it..

Just close out the last two games like we did the first 3 and we're 5 and 1 in 1st place.

I'll hang in there hoping for the best but today was a kick in the balls.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was sleeping at the time. A combination of being bored with the game and a lack of sleep from the night before. When I heard that he fumbled though, I laughed. Why get upset anymore at this team? That's like being upset at the junkie who steals your wallet when you leave it on the table. It's what they do.

Just having some fun because I am sick to my stomach...what did you do? Here is my reaction...Hard Knocks should have been there.

* I took my folder with re-fi in it and flung it
* I kicked my office chair in my man room
* I swore up and down
* Feel to the ground
* Yelled...WHY, WHY, WHY?
* Walked down stares and stormed around cursing everything in sight
* Took a couch cushion and tossed it across the room
* Went back upstairs and cheered Thiggy (I still think his knee was down ten yards prior)
* Cursed when Hartline was open, but the throw was not there
* Stormed out of the man room and briskly walked the dog around neighborhood talking to myself ALOUD "RUN THE BALL"

I am a nut. I am crazy. Do not question how much I care, however.

BTW, my wife hated me, but so be it. It is Sherman and Philbin's fault.

Sunk back into my couch, stared at the tv for 30 seconds and then changed the channel.

The feeling is all too similar to years prior. I HATE this feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember my reaction.

I believe I temporarily blacked out.

My last known memory was the play and then me instantly jumping 10 feet directly in the air out of my couch.

I think I hit my head on the ceiling.

Did you hit your head on the bathroom sink and then came up with the flux capacitor? :lol:

I launched my remote into the wall when tannehill fumbled. then when he missed the open throw to hartline, i just fell to the ground with my head in my hands. being a fan of this team is not good for your health, thats for damn sure.

Quote Originally Posted by KCPhin View Post
Turned the TV off and went outside to shoot hoops. This will be the last year I waste anymore money on the NFL package.
I say the same thing every year.

Ditto x10

Just close out the last two games like we did the first 3 and we're 5 and 1 in 1st place.

I'll hang in there hoping for the best but today was a kick in the balls.

I have learned to just relax and learn from what I am seeing. It must be me getting older and I cant slam beers like I used to. I drink less. More like relaxing sipping my beer and just take whatever comes.

I view RT in wax on wax off sort of way. It takes time, and he certainly is getting schooled on how to deal with teams who will bring everyone to the LOS to make the big play at the end. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

But I also know that the fanbase will not accept any long term fight. Sherman has to change this offense or he will be gone for sure. You cant expect Clabo, who did a good job most all game to hold up as a lone blocker on a guy who will be in Hawaii this year. Sherman used his blocking TE's like twice in this game and in the first half. I expect change and go from there. Not having much faith in that since RT was still in shotgun 75% of the time.

I took another sip of Ole Smokey shine and turned my phone off and went back to watching the race from the tri oval of Talladega.

It was a "you gotta be kidding me" moment. Then came the "F" word blitz.

Back
Top Bottom