'Honey Badger' would be interesting choice for Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'Honey Badger' would be interesting choice for Dolphins

Danny68

NewEngland Fin
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

[FONT=&amp]NDIANAPOLIS – [URL="http://www.sun-sentinel.com/topic/sports/football/tyrann-mathieu-PESPT0014796.topic"]Tyrann Mathieu, the “Honey Badger,” the former LSU play-making cornerback who smoked his way out of Heisman Trophy contention, is an intriguing draft possibility for the Dolphins. [/URL][/FONT]Miami needs playmakers, and it could probably get Mathieu in the third or fourth round.
[FONT=&amp]
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-honey-badger-would-be-risky-pick-for-dolphins-20130226,0,2909100.story
[/FONT]

reminds me of a rich man's jayron hosley from last year but with off the field problems. I don't think hes a fit for us

I wouldn't mind using a 4th on him, though, he might be better suited playing for a california team or the broncos.

Bring him in, we all saw what Ricky did for this team while blazed out his mind lol.

But besides that I do think this kids major problems are behind him and I dont even see the use of MJ as a real flaw, its w/e. Fact is the guy makes huge plays all the time on D which is exactly what we need so if he is available in round 3 or 4 I think you have to take him.

All he will be is a special team guy...He will get abused as a corner in the NFL.
...so NO...he isn't a fit for Miami....we all ready have CB's that get abused.

4 reps on bench?

This guy has natural ability and speed. But the fact that you walk on the NFL combine, after being out for a year, all eyes are on you at this moment and you pull 4 reps?

He's a small dude but damn. This just shows either the guy really is just that weak, or lazy for not hitting the weight room.

Mathieu will not be abused! The dude dominated in the best conference in college football. Even Deion Sanders said he will be a baller and will come in and start day 1! Thats one of the best corners of all time saying that

Meh....I'll pass....not worth the headaches.

4 reps on bench?

This guy has natural ability and speed. But the fact that you walk on the NFL combine, after being out for a year, all eyes are on you at this moment and you pull 4 reps?

He's a small dude but damn. This just shows either the guy really is just that weak, or lazy for not hitting the weight room.

So his bench press is as strong as his character and common sense!?!?!?

Everyone is a scout on here... lol I don't know how he has been since rehab, but I'm sure we are taking a good look at him. I'm sure Ireland will have some good questions for him... :d-day:

He should have strong fingers.

Got to roll a tight one.

sure 4 reps is weak, but he's a DB, the only way I can see how bench pressing would translate to his position is in press coverage. I care more about his cone drills then I do about his bench.

With that said, a flyer in the 4th round couldn't hurt. I think he may pan out to be a decent player in the NFL.

sure 4 reps is weak, but he's a DB, the only way I can see how bench pressing would translate to his position is in press coverage. I care more about his cone drills then I do about his bench.

With that said, a flyer in the 4th round couldn't hurt. I think he may pan out to be a decent player in the NFL.

tackling? Shedding blocks to make a tackle in open field? Fighting for the ball? The list goes on!

Back
Top Bottom