'Honey Badger' would be interesting choice for Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'Honey Badger' would be interesting choice for Dolphins

No thanks, dudes a pothead to the point of getting thrown off a top 10 college team. That shows me no discipline at all. After the fifth I could see taking a flyer on him. But understand this guy's not even a starter EVEN IF he stays clean. He's a special teamer and a nickel back. I'll grant he has a history of being a ball hawk at the college level and that's not always something that can be taught, BUT I still clearly remember the DIESEL and how that experiment turned out. We can't afford to throw away picks in this draft. With the GM on the hot seat, if you were him, would you put your trust in someone like that?

We better not draft this guy. This guys is a tool. 4 reps at 225? Are you kidding me? The guys has had nothing to do but workout and shows up to the combine as weak as possible. Obviously horrible ass work ethic.

Last edited by a moderator:
tackling? Shedding blocks to make a tackle in open field? Fighting for the ball? The list goes on!
Had no idea, a strong bench press makes you a great tackler, block shedder. I guess his cone drills, 40 time and the fact he was one of the best CB's in SEC 2 years ago is worth nothing. Like I said, 4 reps is weak, but if you're juding him only on that, you're beeing foolish. Just so you know Jared Allen, had 13 reps/ A DE is supposed to have a strong push, He seemed to have done pretty well for himself.

Omen,

The 4 reps talk is more representative of his character.

Sure the dude could be naturally weak which would be "ok" depending on what you value. But to show up to the combine and only push 4 reps when you had a full year to hit the weight room?

That shows lack of character and lack of commitment to your craft. Just because he was a ball hawk in college will not transfer to the NFL. Honey Badger also benefited from being on one of the top teams in the country. In the NFL, everyone is fast, everyone is strong, etc.

This kid is either really weak, or really lazy.

Had no idea, a strong bench press makes you a great tackler, block shedder. I guess his cone drills, 40 time and the fact he was one of the best CB's in SEC 2 years ago is worth nothing. Like I said, 4 reps is weak, but if you're juding him only on that, you're beeing foolish. Just so you know Jared Allen, had 13 reps/ A DE is supposed to have a strong push, He seemed to have done pretty well for himself.

Yeah if he doesn't have a explosive push he is t going to keep Lead blockers off his body to get to the ball carrier. It shows a overall very weak upper body that doesn't bode well in a collision sport. We can talk cone drills and 40 times all day long but in today's NFL you need to have upper body strength. For everyone player that shows weak that becomes a success story there are dozens that fail.

he sure as hell tackled in the SEC, idc what his bench numbers were. The question is. Do they even CONSIDER him or is he completely off the board???

Omen,

The 4 reps talk is more representative of his character.

Sure the dude could be naturally weak which would be "ok" depending on what you value. But to show up to the combine and only push 4 reps when you had a full year to hit the weight room?

That shows lack of character and lack of commitment to your craft. Just because he was a ball hawk in college will not transfer to the NFL. Honey Badger also benefited from being on one of the top teams in the country. In the NFL, everyone is fast, everyone is strong, etc.

This kid is either really weak, or really lazy.

4 reps is incredibly weak! I never dropped below 12 when I was recovering from a L3-5 hernia.

Derp. Mis-read.
I was gonna go crazy if he could only do 4 reps.

The guy would be a pretty good slot corner in my eyes. He's pretty fast (ran a 4.43 today in his first time) and is a ball hawk. Most slot WR's aren't big. Sure he got abused in that title game but who doesn't get abused by Julio Jones?

Quinn,

Derp was in reference to my response to a post..

He really ONLY did 4 reps.

Omen,The 4 reps talk is more representative of his character.Sure the dude could be naturally weak which would be "ok" depending on what you value. But to show up to the combine and only push 4 reps when you had a full year to hit the weight room?That shows lack of character and lack of commitment to your craft. Just because he was a ball hawk in college will not transfer to the NFL. Honey Badger also benefited from being on one of the top teams in the country. In the NFL, everyone is fast, everyone is strong, etc. This kid is either really weak, or really lazy.
as far as I know all his other drills and tests were decent to good. If he came in over weight, had a slow 40 time and had lazy feet in his drills, then I would agree. On this note, me thinks he concentrated more training for his positions skill set, then he did worrying about bench pressing...

I would agree if he destroyed the combine in the "position specific" drills. But he didin't. Ran a decent 40 and looked average in drills.

he sure as hell tackled in the SEC, idc what his bench numbers were. The question is. Do they even CONSIDER him or is he completely off the board???

And 11 FF in two years is defiantly not a fluke!

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

I would agree if he destroyed the combine in the "position specific" drills. But he didin't. Ran a decent 40 and looked average in drills.

He looked really good in drills. What you talking about??? He actually looked better that Dee in drills

Deion and Mayock both said they were really impressed in his drills

The fact that he only did 4 reps makes it even more impressive how he is laying the wood on some of these plays. He is definitely a good football player but he might possibly have a bad work ethic. All that being said there is no better motivator than money. I would definitely draft this guy as high as the 4th.

Everyone is a scout on here... lol I don't know how he has been since rehab, but I'm sure we are taking a good look at him. I'm sure Ireland will have some good questions for him... :d-day:

Ireland: "Did yore momma really make it with a Honey Badger?" lol

Back
Top Bottom