Hoops scoops...fins cowboys offense edition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hoops scoops...fins cowboys offense edition

hoops

Tua time!
Reaction score
Today we are gonna focus on the guys miami plans to go to war with...who cares about the 3 deep stuff

to that end lets start with the qb...ryan tannehill

the sack on the first drive is on the qb...the boys show blitz pre snap with both lbs tannehill sees it at the los and checks out as he should to a blitz beater short in cuts from both wrs however post snap the show lbs drop into an under zone...tannehill sees this and doesnt take the blitz beater route to landry but he should immediately once he sees the lbs drop post snap look to the top side parker in cut or the dump off foster out of the backfield...both would have converted...that sack is on the qb

now the positives from the qb...other than the post snap none adjustment to the drop out lbs he was dead on with every coverage read and progression he made...especially in the red zone...dead on...tempo helps for sure but 2nd game in this new offense thats impressive stuff

i realize that the final td drive was against primarily twos but the first team o needs a lot of reps and they are very valuable in terms of continuity and muscle memory/execution

no huddle tempo on offense folks...it's coming...and it looks like out the gate even

the 2nd td throw to stills was a flat dime in terms of placement...fantastic throw...saw the qb power step forward and flow laterally to his targets when he could...took one under the chin threw a straight up balls throw to parker for the 3rd and long conversion despite contact under the chin...a play albert just completely whiffed off the ball...got to have better play from the left tackle than that

once the gameplans kick in with this tempo i fully expect big things from the qb...

the reason i say that is multifold...the tempo the game plan and attacking matchups from gase the trust in the qb and the decision making from the qb which is top shelf

the other thing is the oline...while tunsil and bushrod are works in progress i have faith that their play wont be the reason this team loses very often...i can throw turner in there with confidence also at right guard...this team needs one more piece to step up at guard right now it appears the 2 deep left guard is dallas thomas heading into week 1...kraig urbik or jamil douglas step up

now the tackle play...brandon albert just doesnt look right...laterally athletically its missing...its a concern but if we can stay ahead of the sticks i dont know how much it will effect us...but thats not the same guy

jawuan james play in the run game even in 11 personnel based o isnt good enough...hes hurting us blowing assignments falling off...

jordan cameron drops a dead on slant route where he wins inside vs the db in the red zone...cant have it...next play he gets murdered by the de on a tough assignment but thats 2 negative red zone plays in a row from cameron...step up or replace

sack fumble of doughty at the end of the first half i put on the qb...turner shoves the man inside off the ball has his head where it should be to pick up the coming around defender but doesnt have an angle to really wash him all the way out qb needs to see that and step forward to space or get rid of it

devantae parker looks very fluid...i see no hitch or issues health wise...but im still not sure i see the press the db athlete yet to really dictate to the opposition...he lined up in the slot he caught a wr screen he was tight to the formation...fell down on a red zone route he was the primary on...we just need a little bit more from dvp...hopefully he has it come september 11th

Rb wise there really wasnt much to evaluate with ajayi and foster...fosters game is patience and fluidity and feet to the hole ajayi more the ram it at you north and south and while they showed it they really didnt have much to work with space wise

it looks to me like coming out of today billy turner is your active depth as both a pinch tackle and a both guards with steen the backup pivot...one of your active depth has to be a pinch tackle right? Seems like it to me given you dont move tackle to guard new converts in game like tunsil and bushrod...thats just too much in game to forecast

the only other real option is sam young and he cant play guard...steens arms take guard off the table as does the athlete especially if miami was to go to the wide stretch run game...

Jamil douglas is just so far out of the rotation right now...

4th and 5th wrs caroo and jakeem grant who gives you exactly what you want as a returner and can be a package wr for gase to design plays for

Dion sims primary in line tight end and 2nd level run blocking tight end when the personnel/gameplan calls for it...done and done

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoops, I love reading your posts however this one can be summed up in one sentence:

Tannehill good, pass pro decent, receivers inconsistent, running game bad, and defense needs to have a new word added to the English language as pathetic, inept, atrocious and the like simply don't cut it.

Thanks again Hoops! Your analysis and insight is always appreciated.

Hoops, I love reading your posts however this one can be summed up in one sentence:

Tannehill good, pass pro decent, receivers inconsistent, running game bad, and defense needs to have a new word added to the English language as pathetic, inept, atrocious and the like simply don't cut it.

Well thats the mickey mouse version...

I'm going to say it right now...ALBERT LOOKS LIKE ****! He better get his act together quick, or he will replace Thomas as our whipping boy...

I could be wrong but that play Tannehill took the big hit on, that looked like it should have been offsides. If it wasnt he knew the exact snap count. Not sure I can blame Albert when the DE seemed to have a head start

But nonetheless Albert doesn't look the same. Why not kick him inside at guard and we have tons of guys who primary position in college was LT. Lets see what Albert at LG and Tunsil at LT looks like next week? Can't hurt

I actually thought Ulrich John showed some ability and good footwork.

Albert is freaking me out but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt as a true professional. He's been a warrior in the past, playing banged up.

Juwuan James is a former number one pick. He doesn't need to be all pro but you'd think he'd kick it up a notch. We need more there.

Cameron is so incredibly soft. It's getting annoying. Last year he showed no heart fighting for balls in traffic. I hope we have some packages to feature him in space that we are hiding right now.

The 2nd TD to Kenny Stills was perhaps the best TD pass I have seen from Tannehill. It was perfectly thrown in a narrow window. Our boy has improved and we want to see a lot more like that. Don't be surprised if some of the NFL experts opened their eyes wide watching that TD.

I could be wrong but that play Tannehill took the big hit on, that looked like it should have been offsides. If it wasnt he knew the exact snap count. Not sure I can blame Albert when the DE seemed to have a head start

Yeah I thought he was offsides too. Maybe he times it perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2nd TD to Kenny Stills was perhaps the best TD pass I have seen from Tannehill. It was perfectly thrown in a narrow window. Our boy has improved and we want to see a lot more like that. Don't be surprised if some of the NFL experts opened their eyes wide watching that TD.

I think the best TD pass I have seen Tannehill throw might have been the one he threw to Mike Wallace in Week 17 of 2014. The only memorable play our offense made in those last 2 games that year.

That said, it was a good throw. Kenny Stills also did a really nice job there. Outside of the part where he ran out of bounds on the bomb (which I still don't get), he was real good tonight.

I got blasted for saying I think Stills just needs more of an opportunity, but I'm standing by it. He can play.

Who do you keep hoops, Williams or Pead?

Also I felt like Dallas Thomas looked slightly better than his usual self tonight, but Tunsil just can't not be the starter

Back
Top Bottom