Hoops scoops...fins cowboys offense edition | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hoops scoops...fins cowboys offense edition

Great write up. Thanks Hoops.

As for everyone calling for the heads of Albert and Cameron ... its pre-season and these guys are veterans ... let's not get carried away. A veteran LT who has shown pro-bowl play multiple years before who doesn't go all-out in preseason ... sounds very common. A veteran TE with health issues who doesn't go the extra mile early in pre-season on his catches or blocking ... also not really that uncommon. I would be more worried if the young guys looked clueless.

To those people calling for Albert to shift in to LG and have Tunsil move to LT, it's not going to happen ... and here's why ... Gase has clearly established that he wants to build up Tunsil's self-confidence. Gase assured Albert he would be the starting LT, which enables Albert to become Tunsil's mentor. It's working. Tunsil is learning how to become a professional--which is something he definitely needs to learn--as well as how to become an NFL OL. He is learning the technique, analysis, work ethic, camaraderie, off-field responsibility, dignity, and the always important confidence. Gase realizes how much is invested in Tunsil becoming the player his athletic talent suggests he should become. Gase understands the problems that Tunsil has had in the past dealt with an incorrect approach rather than lack of ability. Gase knows that Albert is the shining paragon example of the RIGHT approach, and Gase wants Albert teaching Tunsil. If Gase eats a few games along the way for a HoF career from Tunsil ... I think Gase is willing to risk it. So my friends, Albert is not relinquishing that LT position until he has had at least 4 horrific regular season games ... and maybe not even then. Tunsil will get his chance ... but Gase wants Albert mentoring him all the way, and keeping Albert at LT while healthy is how to do it.

I don't know but BA did looked slow last night. We have no choice but to start him at LT and hope for the best. Moving Tunsil to LT without having a good guard next to him would get Tannehill killed. Imagine a rooking LT and thomas at LG.

Ozzy rules!!

Miami finally got the HC right, but this teams lacks talent. Tannehill is solid and unless they have a chance to acquire a big time QB (Watson is not the answer) I don't see the need to ever replace him. I expect Miami to be adequate at RB between Foster and Ajayi. The WR core is very good, and soon to be great. I expect Shawn Jefferson and Gase to have a big impact on this position. Future looks very bright with: Landry, Parker, Stills (who Gase loves and may want to resign), Carroo, and Grant. Cameron is a solid starter and Sims is a pretty good as a unit TE. Albert does not look the same athletically. I think he's gone after the season. Really hope they don't pick up JaWuan James' 5th year option. We can do better. Tunsil is a future All-Pro. Pounced is the most overpaid player at his position, albeit a solid starter. I think Mario will be solid which is all I think Vernon will be so Tannembaum's cost-benefit analysis was correct. Love Wake but not expecting anything out of him as a 34 y/o coming off an Achilles. Suh is one of the best DL in the league but his $19M cap hit next season at 30 y/o will tie our hands behind our back. Phillips is too inconsistent, hopefully Washburn helps in that department. RJ is ~ one of the best 3-5 safeties in the league. Gotta lock him up. Misi is a solid 2 down SAM. The rest of the defense is adequate at best. I really like this coaching staff, but I think they're looking at a 4-7 win season.

With the exception of WR and QB Miami needs to add talent across the board. Every other group's talent level needs to improve.

Hey hey hey. Watson IS the answer, not for Miami but for one lucky team.

Miami has holes everywhere. A new qb isn't going to solve 99.9% of them.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Also. Isn't Miami supposed to have 40+ million in cap space next year? A lot of defensive FA and OL will be brought in.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Also. Isn't Miami supposed to have 40+ million in cap space next year? A lot of defensive FA and OL will be brought in.

We are going to need to re-sign Kenny Stills.

:bricks:

I wouldn't take Watson before the 3rd

Great write up. Thanks Hoops.

As for everyone calling for the heads of Albert and Cameron ... its pre-season and these guys are veterans ... let's not get carried away. A veteran LT who has shown pro-bowl play multiple years before who doesn't go all-out in preseason ... sounds very common. A veteran TE with health issues who doesn't go the extra mile early in pre-season on his catches or blocking ... also not really that uncommon. I would be more worried if the young guys looked clueless.

To those people calling for Albert to shift in to LG and have Tunsil move to LT, it's not going to happen ... and here's why ... Gase has clearly established that he wants to build up Tunsil's self-confidence. Gase assured Albert he would be the starting LT, which enables Albert to become Tunsil's mentor. It's working. Tunsil is learning how to become a professional--which is something he definitely needs to learn--as well as how to become an NFL OL. He is learning the technique, analysis, work ethic, camaraderie, off-field responsibility, dignity, and the always important confidence. Gase realizes how much is invested in Tunsil becoming the player his athletic talent suggests he should become. Gase understands the problems that Tunsil has had in the past dealt with an incorrect approach rather than lack of ability. Gase knows that Albert is the shining paragon example of the RIGHT approach, and Gase wants Albert teaching Tunsil. If Gase eats a few games along the way for a HoF career from Tunsil ... I think Gase is willing to risk it. So my friends, Albert is not relinquishing that LT position until he has had at least 4 horrific regular season games ... and maybe not even then. Tunsil will get his chance ... but Gase wants Albert mentoring him all the way, and keeping Albert at LT while healthy is how to do it.

I'm not calling for Tunsil to shift to LT now. The die is already cast. My reference was that I thought they should have done it from the get go. The kid is good. I think he would have had some struggles but would have been fine over the long haul. I get why they didn't make that call, and barring injury or an Albert implosion I don't think they will or should this year.

Don't be shocked if Brad Kaaya leap frogs Watson by the time of the draft. Kaaya is more NFL ready according to some scouts. Kaaya should have a huge year now that the Canes have a real coach

Don't be shocked if Brad Kaaya leap frogs Watson by the time of the draft. Kaaya is more NFL ready according to some scouts. Kaaya should have a huge year now that the Canes have a real coach

More NFL ready?

I've watched both many times Kaaya is nothing more ready than Watson.

More NFL ready?

I've watched both many times Kaaya is nothing more ready than Watson.

I'm not bashing Watson at all hes a great prospect. I think Kaaya is more accurate and goes through his progressions more and is a quick study. Hes very smart. Watson might take more time to learn an offense and to go through his progressions.

I'm not bashing Watson at all hes a great prospect. I think Kaaya is more accurate and goes through his progressions more and is a quick study. Hes very smart. Watson might take more time to learn an offense and to go through his progressions.

Watson goes thru his possessions very well. He made **** happen with that offense after Mike Williams went out. His best WR was a 5'10 slot.

He looks off the safety with the best in the business and has one of the most accurate deep balls in all of college football.

Kaaya has had to many stinkers to be a top prospect. Watson has broke records.

Watson goes thru his possessions very well. He made **** happen with that offense after Mike Williams went out. His best WR was a 5'10 slot.

He looks off the safety with the best in the business and has one of the most accurate deep balls in all of college football.

Kaaya has had to many stinkers to be a top prospect. Watson has broke records.

Don't get sour about it. Watson has more talent and a higher ceiling. I just feel like mentally Kaaya is better. Watson is probably going to be better in the end. He has a much better arm and is athletic. Kaaya is meh as an athlete

Back
Top Bottom