Hoops scoops...fins cowboys offense edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hoops scoops...fins cowboys offense edition

What is the consensus re Bushrod? We know that he is Gase's guy in the O-line room and he's won a Super Bowl.

The RBs we keep will be interesting. I do think we keep 4. So who gets the 3rd and 4th? Drake if he is healthy enough is surely guaranteed a spot based upon draft status. I'd also keep Pead. He looks like he is hungry. If Drake is put on IR then I keep Damien Williams

What is the consensus re Bushrod? We know that he is Gase's guy in the O-line room and he's won a Super Bowl.

He had one bad play on that first drive but otherwise he looked solid. However, Billy Turner is looking better and better.

I am OK with Turner or Bushrod at RG. Turner will be better for our run game and that's a real consideration.

Pead is showing a burst. I'd find a way to keep him. He's a former second round pick so there's pedigree there too.

Having tackles play guard, will show inconsistency in the run game. Need. Natural. Guards.

Agree with other poster that said kick Albert inside and start Tunsil at LT. The difference in athleticism is ridiculous

I see weakness all along the line. Ja'uan doesn't know who to block, Pouncey caves the line in one second, Albert whiffs, the Guards are invisible after the RB is tackled at the line. This was against a team that didn't play either of their starting DE's. The play calling is good, but this line is going to put this team in the dumpster. Our D won't hold up against with our offense putting up 14-20 ppg. and getting behind early.

Hoops, marquis gray thoughts? I thought i saw him with a nice block near the end of the game... Definitely was in the 2nd half. But didn't notice him much.

Going to do one for defense? IAQ looked somewhat better I think.. Hull should make the team too

Im glad others see what I see with Cameron. To me last year he looked done. His hands have gone bad and I swear when he was going after passes last year he looked like the most unatheletic guy on the field. Id have let him go in the offseason and gone after Fleener or someone. Put a fork in him.

I'm going to say it right now...ALBERT LOOKS LIKE ****! He better get his act together quick, or he will replace Thomas as our whipping boy...
i did not like how he looked last week. It was just too bad to be a fluke. Then tonight more of the same. He looks like he can't play anymore.

I would keep Ajayi, Foster, Pead and Thomas. Damien Williams has no vision and is a useless runner.

Keep Drake as a flex

I think the best TD pass I have seen Tannehill throw might have been the one he threw to Mike Wallace in Week 17 of 2014. The only memorable play our offense made in those last 2 games that year.

That said, it was a good throw. Kenny Stills also did a really nice job there. Outside of the part where he ran out of bounds on the bomb (which I still don't get), he was real good tonight.

I got blasted for saying I think Stills just needs more of an opportunity, but I'm standing by it. He can play.

I was one who blasted the idea of Stills. And I'll say he had a good game tonight.

But this: He's not a red zone thread on those fades. RT made and unbelievable throw on the one TD -- Stills had the smallest window possible to catch the ball and RT put it right there.

And on the running out of bounds: Stills forgot where he was on the field. He thought he had more room to turn it up and simply ran out of bounds. At least he secured the catch.

I've still got to see more from Stills -- and I wish he were a true red zone threat. But I admit that you are looking right on the call.

LD

This game was a disappointment for sure, but it seemed kind of like a fluke. It reminded me of our rout of the Texans last year. The Phins weren't that good and the Texans weren't that bad.
Dallas seemed to be playing at another level emotionally. They were very chippy and committed a lot of personal fouls/unceccssary roughness penalties. I've never seen so many cheap shots in a preseason game.
I don't think the Phins team was expecting that kind of emotional intensity in a preseason game, yet Dallas looked like they were playing a late season divisional game.
I guess the next 2 weeks will tell a lot.

Looks to me we can ever quite put together a consistent effort with both offense and defense. Has been a problem for years.
When Tannehill plays well the defense doesn't and vice versa.
The last time we had a complete game is when we beat the Texans last year.
Would be nice to finally share consistency on both sides of the ball.

RT made and unbelievable throw on the one TD -- Stills had the smallest window possible to catch the ball and RT put it right there.
That was a gorgeous throw. One of the best I have seen from him. Trash can toss paying dividends.

Back
Top Bottom