hoops scoops...potential wr draft pick kasen williams tale of the tape... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...potential wr draft pick kasen williams tale of the tape...

Can't do it...not with 14, not even with 47. We already took a couple of guys who were injured in Jamar Taylor and Dion Jordan...can't take that risk. Right now this guys average ranking is 223 which puts him in the 7th round. Depending on what he does at the combine he may shoot up but probably not to the 2nd round.

well i always said i beat to my own drum...does it look like 7th round talent to you??? take the injury out of it which again i go by tape not medical since i dont have any real access to it...that's not 7th round physical talent...that's not day 3 physical talent and skill set

someones gonna get a steal...if the medical checks out and he gets to day 3...lis franc is a big deal but tanny even had a broken foot as a prospect and he's played 48 games straight despite contact out the nose and julio jones came back from the same injury as williams this year

well i always said i beat to my own drum

I know you do...that's what I like about you, your not afraid to put yourself out there unlike some others.

I don't see the comparison to Jordy Nelson...I do like the physical nature of his game...absolutely agree that he plays like a RB once he gets the ball...he looks for contact and doesn't shy away from it...actually lowers his pads and tries to flat out truck some people. I like the way he high points the ball too. Seems to have some decent long speed but not sure about the short area quickness which is what I think separates Jordy Nelson from most big WRs. I don't see the same level route running from Williams as I do from some other prospects in this draft.

I know you do...that's what I like about you, your not afraid to put yourself out there unlike some others.

I don't see the comparison to Jordy Nelson...I do like the physical nature of his game...absolutely agree that he plays like a RB once he gets the ball...he looks for contact and doesn't shy away from it...actually lowers his pads and tries to flat out truck some people. I like the way he high points the ball too. Seems to have some decent long speed but not sure about the short area quickness which is what I think separates Jordy Nelson from most big WRs. I don't see the same level route running from Williams as I do from some other prospects in this draft.

the physical nature and play of jordy nelson is what separates his game from many others...he runs probably low 4.5's maybe high 4.4's but its that physical ability to use his body and to win quickly at the los that separates him...i see similar skills in williams...

to me that physical strength and body control he has translates to being able to throw a variety of routes in the red zone...and also to throw over the outside shoulder on the boundary as he leans on the db down the field in the route...

it looks packers covet skill set to me all the way...

No way I'm drafting this guy in the first two rounds....injury history....lack of production...lack of ability to separate in college(not good)

This team needs to hit on the first two picks again with healthy solid picks......that produce.

I doubt any team risks a high pick on this guy.......probably a 3rd day pick.

He definitely has the size/strength the Fins need. After just watching a little bit of film on him what I noticed most of all is his amazing catch radius. Not only will he go up for the ball but he also does a damn nice job catching balls that are thrown low, behind and away from his body...and most of all he doesn't wait for it to come to him he fights for/attacks it. This offense sorely needs a player like that.

Like you said with all of the bubble screen and outside runs this OC likes to run his blocking would be a huge asset. There were some plays where he completely drove the CB/S out of the picture.

His route running looks to be pretty damn good as well. Hoops can you say how the routes he ran in college would compare to what the Fins currently use? Looked like they use a lot of the same concepts.

I also went back and watched his Boise St. game from 2012. You could definitely see he lost some athleticism/wiggle after the injury, although he definitely kept the explosion. I wonder though if that is because of the weight he gained because he definitely looked bigger.

It will be interesting to see how his stock rises with the draft pundits after the senior bowls and combine.

It all comes down to having a clue on where the other teams have him ranked.

He definitely has the size/strength the Fins need. After just watching a little bit of film on him what I noticed most of all is his amazing catch radius. Not only will he go up for the ball but he also does a damn nice job catching balls that are thrown low, behind and away from his body...and most of all he doesn't wait for it to come to him he fights for/attacks it. This offense sorely needs a player like that.

Like you said with all of the bubble screen and outside runs this OC likes to run his blocking would be a huge asset. There were some plays where he completely drove the CB/S out of the picture.

His route running looks to be pretty damn good as well. Hoops can you say how the routes he ran in college would compare to what the Fins currently use? Looked like they use a lot of the same concepts.

I also went back and watched his Boise St. game from 2012. You could definitely see he lost some athleticism/wiggle after the injury, although he definitely kept the explosion. I wonder though if that is because of the weight he gained because he definitely looked bigger.

It will be interesting to see how his stock rises with the draft pundits after the senior bowls and combine.

on that junior tape he's running nfl routes...not any of the gimmick crap...working down the boundary and also coming back quick slants vs off coverages and sits down in zone...i have no concerns about the routes...the only concerns i have are medical...if that's a go then i'm in...some of the burst and explosion probably takes time to get back i mean its a 12 month injury pretty much and so imo he will be back to his best in 2015

as a senior he worked in a new offense and i'm sure wasn't 100 percent back yet...he said himself he was probably at 85 percent...they also said he saw a lot of coverage and that him and the qb had a hard time getting on the same page

his bowl game he put up 5 catches 73 yards...i know he will be the most talented player at the shrine game i just dont know physically if he will have his preinjury form...that's first round talent though if you took the medical out and just looked at the tape prior

Thanks for the scouting report man. Would be sweet if we could get him in the 2nd round... need more explosive players at wr as im sure you could tell us all

Thats the point....he is not explosive and had trouble separating in college....won't get easier in the NFL.

I'm really curious to see how long it takes for him to rise across media ranks.. Watched a few 2012 games of his, he's definitely impressive and fits what we need. More importantly fits what Lazor's offense needs - YAC and blocking. I think Philbin will really value his blocking ability, and Hickey has shown to take chances on guys with notable draws (Landry's awful timed speed, small school focus). So maybe he will see past the injury and watch the film in a vacuum, which is what he claims to do with all prospects.

I think NFL teams will take the production and injury into account though, and (shrine/senior bowl performance dependent) I'd be more comfortable grabbing him with our third/fourth rounder, where I think he'll be available. Also to raise a few concerns and play devils advocate.. His route running to me looks inconsistent, and he often finds himself in places he shouldn't be - most importantly, a yard shy of the marker on 3rd down dig, things like that. And his concentration is suspect, with easy drops and fumbling issues cropping up a bit. Again, I don't have hands on all of his games so I might just be catching anomalies but that's the read I got. Luckily those things can be taught, whereas his physical skill cannot..

Seriously amazing body control.

At this stage I think I take Devin Smith out of Ohio St over him.

Nice write up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Devin smith and kasen Williams have different skill sets and different games

I mentioned Williams in another thread. He's tall, long arms, wide catch radius, smooth route runner, maybe not great speed but sudden/subtle moves in and out of routes, nice hands. Very nice receiver.

This team needs PROVEN PRODUCERS, not numbers and measurables. A 1st-round WR for this team: Amari Cooper. A 1st round RB for this team: Melvin Gordon. You get the idea. We have been settling for 20 years for guys who were "like" some other proven guy who became a star in this league... while our cut-rate bargain bin guys with "potential" are busts.

This team needs PROVEN PRODUCERS, not numbers and measurables. A 1st-round WR for this team: Amari Cooper. A 1st round RB for this team: Melvin Gordon. You get the idea. We have been settling for 20 years for guys who were "like" some other proven guy who became a star in this league... while our cut-rate bargain bin guys with "potential" are busts.

The draft is not about what numbers a dude in college put up, it's about what he can do for your team. What did Andre Ware do in the NFL? Jack and squat. What did Troy Davis do in the NFL? Fail. Trent Richardson? Nada. Manzeil? lol. Production is nothing if you aren't able to translate to the pro game. No one is saying to take Williams in the first, which is certainly where Cooper and Gordon will go. I'm not sure we're really even having the same conversation.

I don't care much for where draft pundits rate a guy but CBS sports prior to this season even after his foot and leg injury had this guy the 26th rated prospect headed into the season...

Back
Top Bottom