hoops scoops...potential wr draft pick kasen williams tale of the tape... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...potential wr draft pick kasen williams tale of the tape...

This team needs PROVEN PRODUCERS, not numbers and measurables. A 1st-round WR for this team: Amari Cooper. A 1st round RB for this team: Melvin Gordon. You get the idea. We have been settling for 20 years for guys who were "like" some other proven guy who became a star in this league... while our cut-rate bargain bin guys with "potential" are busts.

This.......

No more Yatil Green potential picks....if you steal him late fine.

I don't care much for where draft pundits rate a guy but CBS sports prior to this season even after his foot and leg injury had this guy the 26th rated prospect headed into the season...

Yeah....before he broke his leg and suffered a Lisfranc injury.

Before he didn't look like the same player after.

Yeah....before he broke his leg and suffered a Lisfranc injury.

Before he didn't look like the same player after.

No after the injury even...no doubt going off his prior play...I'll see what he looks like in the shrine game...

If we want to gamble on a receiver.....I like Dorial Green Beckham.

Maybe trade down in the first and pick up a few extra picks.

Hooops, youd take this guy over Parker or White at 14?

I think If this kid never gets hurt he carries a top 20 grade right now...the injury and how he looks after can't be overlooked but I know the tape before is first round grade worthy and I know what he's capable of...question is will he get it back..

Parker and white both have their faults from what I see...but there's no doubt they are talents...some parts very raw

When is the last time the Fins had a star on either side of the ball...somebody the opposing team needs to game plan for. Ricky maybe, JT? We need a game changer somewhere

[video=youtube;82BSEkIcd_o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82BSEkIcd_o[/video]
Impressive TD @2:50 mark! However, I do doubt the sub 4.40 speed mentioned though. Certainly would be an upgrade of B.Hartline but that's not saying much. Overrall while the leaping ability..Brandon Marshall-like try and make people miss after the catch is evident. I'm not sure I see a player there that I would even think about drafting until the 3rd-4th round at the earliest.

[video=youtube;klPDAp4eQgg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klPDAp4eQgg[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Williams is not as dynamic but very similar to Dez Bryant.

I think it should be obvious to most that after William's injury he lost his 1st round status. I think someone will get him before the 4th and will get a steal.

I don't think we can embed Vines but this is a component that is missing from the offense
https://vine.co/v/OdqvIMg91gh

Williams is not as dynamic but very similar to Dez Bryant.

I think it should be obvious to most that after William's injury he lost his 1st round status. I think someone will get him before the 4th and will get a steal.

I don't think we can embed Vines but this is a component that is missing from the offense
https://vine.co/v/OdqvIMg91gh

Not as explosive but I can see where the comparison is coming from.

Never mentioned sub 4.4 speed...Said late 4.4s early 4.5s but maybe I'm off on that...those clips look like from his sophomore year...

With the physical nature he plays with late 4.5s wouldn't deter me...4.7 would be a little different grade wise

I'm not looking for track athletes I'm looking for football players

Never mentioned sub 4.4 speed...Said late 4.4s early 4.5s but maybe I'm off on that...those clips look like from his sophomore year...

With the physical nature he plays with late 4.5s wouldn't deter me...4.7 would be a little different grade wise

Apologies on the time stats..You're Right! While Kasen leaping ability are evident I'm not so sure he imposes his size. Did you realize that he and Brain Hartline are practically the same size?Although I believe he's an inch taller..

Hell how many of us realize that Hartline is 6'2". Unbelievable the guy plays much smaller and from what I've seen this prospect plays only a little bit bigger than Hartline.

Dez Bryant size wise is about the same size - minus the strength of course but looks like freaking Calvin Johnson/Randy Moss size-wise when he plays.

Bottom-line if we are going to draft a "Big" Bodied receiver I want the player to play Big. Imposing his strength and all the physical mismatch characteristics on mostly smaller NFL DB's.

Yes...but normally football players produce...even before his injury he was not a huge producer.

With the injury history.....I wouldn't risk higher than a 4th.

Yes...but normally football players produce...even before his injury he was not a huge producer.

With the injury history.....I wouldn't risk higher than a 4th.

I'd say 878 yards and 77 catches as a sophomore is producing...and then the junior season he was lost for the year early...anyways to each his own

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies on the time stats..You're Right! While Kasen leaping ability are evident I'm not so sure he imposes his size. Did you realize that he and Brain Hartline are practically the same size?Although I believe he's an inch taller..

Hell how many of us realize that Hartline is 6'2". Unbelievable the guy plays much smaller and from what I've seen this prospect plays only a little bit bigger than Hartline.

Dez Bryant size wise is about the same size - minus the strength of course but looks like freaking Calvin Johnson/Randy Moss size-wise when he plays.

Bottom-line if we are going to draft a "Big" Bodied receiver I want the player to play Big. Imposing his strength and all the physical mismatch characteristics on mostly smaller NFL DB's.

Brian hartline is a classic example of a guy that plays under his measurables...I think kasen Williams plays to his...the reason hartline can't do anything in the red zone other than against zone isn't his height it's his lack of strength and physicality and finesse overall game...it's the same reason so many of his quick slants are contested etc...he gets dominated physically at the catch point or let's the ball get into his body

Back
Top Bottom