Hoops scoops...the importance of tempo | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hoops scoops...the importance of tempo

every team in the nfl had some of their +20 or +40 plays in garbage time...so, you can't prove to me that we had any more or less "garbage time" big plays than anyone else....

and our offense was ranked low for a plethora of reasons, but your post claimed (incorrectly) that we weren't effective at executing big plays. you are wrong. we actually finished top part of the league in that department. i don't know why that is hard for you to grasp, but a lot of your posts seem to throw around ideas and beliefs that just aren't true....

These stats wouldn't prove were good at executing big plays which is my argument, not even close, stats are very misleading in the NFL, you should take more time thinking About them.

That Would be like me looking at that state and saying Ryan Tannehill is a top 8 deep ball thrower in the NFL because our teak is raked 8th in passing plays over 20 yards.

That stat doesn't account for short passes that Landry ran for most if the yards, doesn't account for garbage time. Doesn't account for efficiency, if I throw 50 more deep balls and only have 1 more completion than you, it doesn't make me a better deep ball thrower.

Blake Bortles had more yards and more TDs than most QBs in the NFL. Is he top 5 now?

Football is a lot more complicated than basic stats.

miamis the only team I know of that in "garbage time" didn't play with tempo

Sorry hoops, but this ain't true. If you look at the PACE statistic for 2015, Miami actually had the 8th fastest 'seconds per play' mark in the league last year. But if you take out garbage time and two minute drill situations, we were actually right in the middle at #16 in seconds per snap.

We definitely did try to pick up the pace when we were down by two-plus scores. However, it is also worth pointing out that even though we trailed by multiple scores as much as any team in the league, we still weren't in the top five in unweighted seconds per snap.

Sorry hoops, but this ain't true. If you look at the PACE statistic for 2015, Miami actually had the 8th fastest 'seconds per play' mark in the league last year. But if you take out garbage time and two minute drill situations, we were actually right in the middle at #16 in seconds per snap.

We definitely did try to pick up the pace when we were down by two-plus scores.

I'm referring to no huddle specifically...the reason we probably had a higher time per snap average is because Miami doesn't employ dummy snap counts so theres not much adjusting at the los pre snap...and there was none til lazor was gone

every team in the nfl had some of their +20 or +40 plays in garbage time...so, you can't prove to me that we had any more or less "garbage time" big plays than anyone else....

and our offense was ranked low for a plethora of reasons, but your post claimed (incorrectly) that we weren't effective at executing big plays. you are wrong. we actually finished top part of the league in that department. i don't know why that is hard for you to grasp, but a lot of your posts seem to throw around ideas and beliefs that just aren't true....

Moving the goal posts after being proved wrong with easily obtained factual evidence is just ****posting 101, my man.

These stats wouldn't prove were good at executing big plays which is my argument, not even close, stats are very misleading in the NFL, you should take more time thinking About them.

That Would be like me looking at that state and saying Ryan Tannehill is a top 8 deep ball thrower in the NFL because our teak is raked 8th in passing plays over 20 yards.

That stat doesn't account for short passes that Landry ran for most if the yards, doesn't account for garbage time. Doesn't account for efficiency, if I throw 50 more deep balls and only have 1 more completion than you, it doesn't make me a better deep ball thrower.

Blake Bortles had more yards and more TDs than most QBs in the NFL. Is he top 5 now?

no it wouldn't. your analogy is completely off.

your argument is that we are bad at executing big plays, yet we've had more of them then 2/3 of the nfl. so, if we're so bad at executing big plays, how come we have so many of them?

and yes, football is complicated, but your "point" about big plays isn't, and neither are the stats that disprove it.

Moving the goal posts after being proved wrong with easily obtained factual evidence is just ****posting 101, my man.

makes my head spin soemtimes.

I didn't move any goal posts, I thought I explained myself pretty clearly here.

In the future, I suggest you do some basic research and then formulate your argument, rather than pulling one out of your ass, getting blown out, and then coming up with an entirely new argument on the fly while claiming that's what you really meant all along.

I didn't move any goal posts, I thought I explained myself pretty clearly here.

also for further clarification why your analogy didn't fit.

your analogy is off because if your point was that tannehill is a good deep passer, looking at 20+ and 40+ yard plays wouldn't prove that because those stats don't mean that a deep ball was ever thrown (duh)

however when your point is that the dolphins aren't good at executing big plays, looking at 20+ and 40+ yard plays would sure as hell prove you're incorrect because those stats do, in fact, mean that a deep play was "executed".

so, there's that.

no it wouldn't. your analogy is completely off.

your argument is that we are bad at executing big plays, yet we've had more of them then 2/3 of the nfl. so, if we're so bad at executing big plays, how come we have so many of them?

and yes, football is complicated, but your "point" about big plays isn't, and neither are the stats that disprove it.

makes my head spin soemtimes.

If you want to use stats that have NO place for efficiency or game situations than thats on you.

I asked you a simple question and you didn't answer it.

Is Blake Bortles one of the top QBs in the NFL based on his big plays, TDS, and yards? All which are among top in the NFL? Or did being down in games all the time improve his season total stats?

If you want to use stats that have NO place for efficiency or game situations than thats on you.

Is Blake Bortles one of the top QBs in the NFL based on his big plays, TDS, and yards? All which are among top in the NFL? Or did being down in games all the time improve his season total stats?
Your statement:Big plays aren't exactly something this team excels at executing.
Reality: Fins are top 10 in the NFL
Conclusion: Your statement is wrong...

if you want to change your point to "the dolphins don't execute big plays in an efficient way and in critical game situations" then that's moving the goal posts and very difficult to back up with evidence...because all you said was the dolphins don't execute big plays well, which is, well, wrong.

and i'm tired of answering your stupid questions that have nothing to do with what you originally said. blake bortles isn't a top qb in the nfl yet, but he's pretty good.

Your statement:Big plays aren't exactly something this team excels at executing.
Reality: Fins are top 10 in the NFL
Conclusion: Your statement is wrong...

if you want to change your point to "the dolphins don't execute big plays in an efficient way and in critical game situations" then that's moving the goal posts and very difficult to back up with evidence...because all you said was the dolphins don't execute big plays well, which is, well, wrong.

and i'm tired of answering your stupid questions that have nothing to do with what you originally said. blake bortles isn't a top qb in the nfl yet, but he's pretty good.

My Blake Bortles analogy makes perfect sense which is why you keep ignoring it.

Efficiency = good execution

Not season totals. Season totals are for basic minded fantasy football fans who don't take efficiency or game situations into account, which is what your doing.

My Blake Bortles analogy makes perfect sense which is why you keep ignoring it.

Efficiency = good execution

Not season totals. Season totals are for basic minded fantasy football fans who don't take efficiency or game situations into account, which is what your doing.
WTF does a single player stats have to do with the statement a team cannot execute big plays? We are ignoring Blake ****ing Bortles because he has nothing to do with what you claimed...

Just cheked out PFR and the Fins rank 26th in offensive plays, so the fact we are top 10 in that volume stat while being in the bottom of the league in overall volume just ****ing blows your argument out of this ****ing galaxy...

WTF does a single player stats have to do with the statement a team cannot execute big plays? We are ignoring Blake ****ing Bortles because he has nothing to do with what you claimed...

I said we weren't good at executing big plays.

I DIDN'T say we don't make any big plays. I said were not good at it.

Good execution = efficiency.

Efficiency shouldn't be a hard concept for you guys. This isn't complicated at all.

Back
Top Bottom