hooshoops prospect takes... | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hooshoops prospect takes...

too high...a lot of his value is in the return game and miami has a plus guy there already in marcus thigpen...178 lbs or whatever he is is too slight to ever go in the top 10...somewhere in the 20's i can see

as for the wrs that will go before #42 i think it's patterson, allen, and unfortunately folks robert woods...woods was terrific yesterday...may have ticketed himself late into round 1...i'd love to have that kid in miami...over 6 ft a little over 200 lbs...stocks up

Damn hate hearing that about Woods. I had hoped either Woods or Eifert would fall to 42. Not looking good for either atm.

Still feeling good about Patton? If we miss Woods he would probably be my next target.

Damn hate hearing that about Woods. I had hoped either Woods or Eifert would fall to 42. Not looking good for either atm.

Still feeling good about Patton? If we miss Woods he would probably be my next target.

i think patton fits the green bay model for a wr that philbin would look for...definitely think he's in play in the 2nd round for us...200 plus lbs 6 ft runs low 4.5's...polished...has some red zone win abilities also

man what's with these de's coming in so light??? bjoern werner i have seen listed at 255 lbs...that's 34 olb size...sam montgomery i keep seeing listed at 245 lbs...if that guy only weighs that much he's slow as heck on the edge...damontre moore 250 lbs...are any of these guys 3 down nfl de's at that size...moore's kind of slow laterally and straight foot speed to play 34 olb...werners a 43 de but it looks like a light in the pants one...

you might see some of these guys stock get hurt if these guys are this light...

the beneficiary is ezekial ansah at 274 lbs...that's more ideal 43 de size...

man what's with these de's coming in so light??? bjoern werner i have seen listed at 255 lbs...that's 34 olb size...sam montgomery i keep seeing listed at 245 lbs...if that guy only weighs that much he's slow as heck on the edge...damontre moore 250 lbs...are any of these guys 3 down nfl de's at that size...moore's kind of slow laterally and straight foot speed to play 34 olb...werners a 43 de but it looks like a light in the pants one...

you might see some of these guys stock get hurt if these guys are this light...

the beneficiary is ezekial ansah at 274 lbs...that's more ideal 43 de size...

Combine measurements: Werner weighed 266, Moore 250, & Montgomery 262.

Combine measurements: Werner weighed 266, Moore 250, & Montgomery 262.
alright...that makes more sense...thanks...i was just looking at the ticker yesterday on the nfl network and it had them much lighter...must have been some old college numbers stuff or something

Ziggy runs well for a big man. 4.62 and 4.65. I wonder how much time Jordan would lose if he bulked up 20 pounds. 4.53 was his time but Mayock pointed out he is to light from not being able to work in the gym.

so Margus Hunt may have started a run into the first round.

Reports from the combine also state that Mike Glennon, who some felt could be in play for Buffalo, fell behind EJ Manuel and Ryan Nassib yesterday

Lemonier showing well. He plays with some real burst, but he has some rough edges - disappears at times. But he's an option at 42.

I wasn't really watching the 40 time so much as how they got out of the blocks. Datone Jones, Hunt, Mingo and Jordan all popped off the line. Werner, Moore, Lemonier, Buchanan and a few others were less impressive. Ansah somewhere in the middle for me.

Have a look at Jamie Collins in the LB class - I think he could bulk up and play DE - a la Mingo. Won't be as quick as Keke, but if he shows up well, his stock will rise.

Have a look at Jamie Collins in the LB class - I think he could bulk up and play DE - a la Mingo. Won't be as quick as Keke, but if he shows up well, his stock will rise.

Collins killing it. Great 40 and a massive vertical and broad jump. Should be great in drills.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the 139" broad jump number is correct, i think it is a combine record. Google search shows me that 137 was previous record.

day 3 dline...

i'll start by saying the value at rb is in the 3rd round...hearing a lot of teams love christine michael...what's not to love sub 4.5 40 220 lbs...stocks up

as for today i think you're gonna see after today the top of this drat is gonna flip with a lot of the usual suspects to date no longer there...the de class was underwhelming to say the least today...damontre moore shot holes in his stock running a almost 4.9 at 250 lbs and 12 reps of 225 lbs...good grief if kid was gonna show like that he'd have been better off staying in school...forget top half of round 1 there folks...it's not happening...

ezekial ansah at 271 lbs running a 4.63 official given the rest of this de class probably has locked up a top 10 pick after today...cleveland at #6 seems like a natural fit given what lombardi looks for in prospects...but he's a 43 de all the way...he was stiff in stand up lb drills...still at 271 and under a 1.6 10 yard split someones gonna bet on the upside and want to mold him...

i don't think bjoern werners going in the top 10 anymore frankly...kinda mehh in a lot of regards today imo

barkevious mingo 37 inch vertical near 11 foot long jump...4.58 official 40...a little dissappointed he didn't come in at over 250 lbs and he was an inch shorter than i expected but as a situational rusher with his tools as a 3 point stance edge rusher i'd still take him at #12...he's got the best physical tools in the class as an edge burst prospect...as a 34 olb though he's probably more a every down player down the line...

dion jordan is a plug and play 34 olb but medical is a little scary there...very fluid hips and cod he showed as expected ran a 4.60 official time...pass rush tools are raw but he's got the explosion tools you look for...still a shoulder issue for more than a year is a little dicey...given the way this class looks though i think he's a likely top half of round 1 pick with the potential i checks out medical to go top 10...

lavar edwards of lsu is a late round de i'd be interested in...was very fluid in stand up lb drills at 277 lbs and he's got some rush qualities in a rotational role...

william gholston looks like tarzan plays like jane...you couldn't pay me to use a pick on him...

margus hunt 4.60 flat 38 reps of 225 lbs i think he locked up a top 2 round pick today...some stiffness in his hips which showed up in lb and bag drills but for his size he was pretty much a freak...43 de that shifts inside in the nickle...age at 26 years old as a rookie may have him on the board on day 2 longer than expected...

maliciah goodman is an interesting late round de to me...vine like arms he's got some win qualities to him imo...last day of the draft kind of interest for me...

datone jones ran about like expected i think he's a day 2 pick 43 de that shifts inside in the nickle and at 284 lbs can make some hay there as a pass rusher...he's got a rush arsenal that includes more than one plus move and a good motor...

corey lemonier 4.60 40 ran better than i expected to me he's a 3rd round de that doesn't really have anything that wows you as a edge rush player and frankly i'd rather just avoid him...motor runs hot and cold

dt brennan williams stock just keeps going up...wouldn't surprise me if coming of today and his senior bowl work and his 5.25 40 and 38 reps of 225 lbs and how well he carried that weight in drills today if he heard his name called in round 2...i don't think he gets out of day 2

devin taylor of south carolina is a long de that can run and has edge rush win qualities i like as a mid round pick...not stout at the poa i think he has the ability to add good weight and make an impact as a pass rusher down the line...43 de though him in stand up lb drills today was a joke...

Back
Top Bottom