hooshoops prospect takes... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hooshoops prospect takes...

he still had a great year, but his stock has taken a bit of a hit due to USC drastically underachieving. He's no longer seen as the lock number 1 pick in the draft (and in some cases not even the top QB), but I think he's still a lock to be a top 5 pick, and probably the number 1 pick. KC, Oakland, Arizona, Buffalo, and Jets all need a QB. As of right now there are 3 guys with first round grades; Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, and Tyler Wilson. Guys like Aaron Murray, Tyler Bray, Logan Thomas (due to potential), and Tajh Boyd could make things interesting.

Ive seen enough of Logan Thomas to confidently say he completely blows and I wouldnt touch him in the draft. Some stupid team will fall in love with the awesome throws he sandwiches between 8 awful ones and draft him pretty high though.

The Florida State game was classic Thomas. On the last drive he made a spectacular throw that 99% of college QBs can only dream of to give VT life. He then promptly throws a ridiculously stupid INT. Game over.

This is a great thread hoops. What do you think of Matt Barkley? Is one rough year enough to write him off? He seems to be on a different place on every early draft board I see.

there's not a qb that i'd take over him...that's not gonna change...i love me some matt barkley although his tape this years not on the level of last seasons...they've also had a lot of protection issues specifically quick inside pressure in his face

not gonna wow with the physical tools but he's got sweet feet in the pocket nice vertical accuracy and his intangibles are off the charts...if i got the top pick and need a qb i'm taking matt barkley

logan thomas put a hurting on his draft stock this year the same way landry jones did on his last season...thomas put out some ugly tape...ugly

Ive seen enough of Logan Thomas to confidently say he completely blows and I wouldnt touch him in the draft. Some stupid team will fall in love with the awesome throws he sandwiches between 8 awful ones and draft him pretty high though.

The Florida State game was classic Thomas. On the last drive he made a spectacular throw that 99% of college QBs can only dream of to give VT life. He then promptly throws a ridiculously stupid INT. Game over.

I agree, but as you said, that athleticism is gonna keep him in the discussion for a first round pick. If he stays, the 2014 QB class could be based a BUNCH on potential and not production.

logan thomas put a hurting on his draft stock this year the same way landry jones did on his last season...thomas put out some ugly tape...ugly

Yeah Jones went from potential top 15 pick to probably 3rd rounder. I understand Broyles got hurt, but there's still too much talent on that offense to struggle that much last year

nothing like an sec going to the national championship game without the best team in the sec even in it...i feel bad for whatever team not playing in a major bowl gets texas a & m...they better hope like hell that a & m decides not to show up...

anyways fs baccari rambo put out the best defensive tape for georgia today...really nice ball game from that kid...

jarvis jones is a big bag of hype....all this best defensive player in the country stuff is bunk...all this von miller like pro talk is hype also...he doesn't have anywhere near the explosion and burst and get off the ball that von miller had as a edge rusher...he lost at the poa ALL NIGHT LONG hell he got handled by te's even all night...waste a top 5 pick on that if you want to...he did show nice agility though and feet when guys tried to cut him to stay on his feet...not to mention the kids got medical with his neck...

ilb alec ogletree you can tell is new to playing lb...he's long and lean and when he's clean he'll find the ball and i like his burst and exposion more than a & m lb sean porter and he's a terrific athlete but he lacks strength at the poa doesn't get off blocks and tackles way too damn high...he's head high all the time on tackles and that's got to change...he needs to wrap up the hips and drive thru with his legs...very raw at lb that needs to work on technique...that said i like his upside...

barrett jones struggles against size and strength over his nose like a lot of guys but i see his value more in his versatility and i believe he can play a solid guard and right tackle if need be in a pinch...still i wonder about the upside might be a maxed out guy...love the versatility though and you can tell he's a smart football player...i believe his future lies at guard in the pros...

really like chance warmack at left guard i'd be stoked to have him or jonathon cooper there...warmack gets to the 2nd level well and moves very well on the inside...big fan

dee milliner with a really nice game...got his head around on vertical coverage sure tackler almost came up with the game clinching int off the deflection on what should have been pi for hitting the receiver early but i digress...

i like the bama nose jesse williams as a 2 down plugger type...not much pass rush upside there but he can fill and hold up blockers...i think he's a solid 2nd round selection...

jonathon hankins the georgia nose has some pass rush upside but he's not doing enough as a plugger against the run...

future top 10 pick freshmen on display for bama in rb tj yelton and wr amare cooper...they're both special

cj mosely ilb bama every time i watch him i see a guy that lacks strength at the poa...like alec ogletree he needs to be clean he has better instincts at lb than ogletree at this stage but he lacks ogletrees potential upside...might be a nickle backer in the pros though which means with a top 50 pick you may be wasting one...better form tackler than tree though...if i'm a 43 i'll take arthur brown over him as my mike

I liked most everything I saw from rambo last night except the time when he had a chance to lay some wood to eddy lacy and eased up. I don't know if it was because rambo thought lacy would take it OB, or what, but I would have liked to see him give it a go at planting lacy or at least make a sound tackle.

lacys a 240 lb battering ram that was heading downhill with a better angle than rambo...i'm ok with what transpired on that tackle attempt...rambos plenty physical enough and a good enough tackler to man free safety in the pros...

agreed, it's not a habit I have seen from rambo... just a single isolated incident... and honestly, it wasn't really a life or death situation at the time.

lacy is a big dude.

is rambo a 3rd rounder in your eyes, or do we need to think about him with 2b?

I like cooper with our 2b at the moment... would you want cooper or rambo if it had to be done at 47ish???

i don't think coopers getting that far...rambo i think is more a 3rd round guy...i've seen some ehhh tape from him this year also...yesterday was definitely one of the better games...some questions for me about coverage and maybe range

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't think coopers getting that far...rambo i think is more a 3rd round guy...i've seen some ehhh tape from him this year also...yesterday was definitely one of the better games...some questions for me about coverage and maybe range

Then he wouldn't solve our FS problems.

Then he wouldn't solve our FS problems.

we need playmaking help at free safety but thru 12 weeks now it's not imo a critical need...we have bigger fish to fry imo...wr cb og specifically left guard a tackle for the right side or a swing guy depth at lb...all bigger needs to me right now

could use another pass rusher with serious tools but you're gonna have to get that in the top 20 if you want a legitimate one... depending on what happens with starks 3 down de may be a critical need as i suspect odrick would get kicked inside...if not dt becomes a high end need

and don't rule out a rb either cause bush needs to go and miller can't pick up the damn playbook and daniel thomas is gonna be a guy that misses games every year he does play due to his style...

Back
Top Bottom