hooshoops prospect takes... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hooshoops prospect takes...

I'm not at all opposed to picking up another mid round running back.

there are a handful of guys that could come in and contribute right away.

speaking of running backs whats mike james' story???

i don't see him on any bigboards, and I don't see him mentioned in many mocks. I can't see why he wouldn't be worth a mid to late rounder, unless I'm missing something.

just got done with kenny vaccaros texas k state game tape and i was very impressed...he was all over the place and flying to the ball...coverage abilities particularly the ability to man the slot a strength...fluid looking hips doesn't strike me as straight linish...i'm locking vaccaro into the top 50 bpa at free safety...i think he'd definitely be an upgrade for us if we decided to go that route...

You been watching any tape lately hoops?

just watched the 2 bowl games that have been played...took a look at cb will davis of utah state didn't really see much...left me kinda ehhh...i have seen a lot of stuff that has him as a top 50 guy and i didn't see it off the bowl game...

i thought the returner/wr/rb reedy i think his name was from toledo was interesting return wise at the next level...late round guy i'd say...more quick than fast when he went sideways the lack of straight line speed was evident...but he was interesting...wasn't the most willing to catch the ball in traffic over the middle though...but as a returner i liked him

the rb fluellen that i wanted to see got hurt with an ankle at the start pretty much so that was a bummer and the utah state rb jefferson i think his name was did nothing for me...

looking forward to washington boise st and ucla baylor i think those games will be good watches...pay attention to the te for washington #88 ferris jenkins i think his name is i saw him last year as a freshman and quickly id'd him as a future top 50 pick te and he's a good one...good size willing blocker can run not a burner down the seam but he'll make plays downfield and surprise you...next year he's likely my top te available

the freshman wr #6 i think he is williams has very high end tools also and he'll be a high pick in 2 more years...i don't think they go to him enough but that kids got the pro look and talents

want to get a look at s philip thomas of fresno this week and i think cb leon mcfadden and the de ansah are on display also in the next few days...got the dvr ready

thanks bro. I am looking forward to your take on the western kentucky, central michigan game, as well as the Iowa state linebackers when they play tulsa.

ansah the de for byu i'm a big no thanks for that with a top 50 pick given miamis needs...i see pretty average rush tools average get off hand use and how active his hands are is a plus but i don't see any real polish with his rush and i don't think that kids gonna win consistently against nfl tackles...he flows down the los pretty well vs the run and he finds the ball but there's just not enough to like there now or upside wise pass rush wise to get me interested...

he's not really stacking guys and shedding he's engaging backing off and then engaging again very raw but pretty effective vs the run b/t the tackles...he's also on the ground a bit too much for my liking...once his initial rush is neutralized he's got no counter he just backs off and waits for the action and goes to the ball...when he's doubled as a pass rusher he gets no push does nothing...

i know he's new to the game and so by no means a finished product but there's not enough burst and first step and get off the ball quickness and acceleration to have me put him on my targets list with a high round pick...i'll pass

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you think of CB Leon McFadden hoops? He's having a decent game against BYU adding to his good season and could be taken with one of our third rounders pretty easily, I'd imagine. I like his route instincts, quickness and fluid hips.

EDIT It's hard not to be impressed with Van Noy's play too. Good versatility, seems to have a knack for rushing the passer from the LB position. Maybe a little undersized right now, but I'd guess he could add weight to that frame without too much detriment to speed.

What do you think of CB Leon McFadden hoops? He's having a decent game against BYU adding to his good season and could be taken with one of our third rounders pretty easily, I'd imagine. I like his route instincts, quickness and fluid hips.

EDIT It's hard not to be impressed with Van Noy's play too. Good versatility, seems to have a knack for rushing the passer from the LB position. Maybe a little undersized right now, but I'd guess he could add weight to that frame without too much detriment to speed.

i would agree with both those sentiments...i'm gonna wait on mcfadden though til i see him in one on ones at the senior bowl...i see him playing an awful lot of zone in this one...kind of hard for me to gauge but i do think the hips are pretty fluid for what i see the route recognition shows to me also and the quickness looks pretty good...not sure i see great quick acceleration and i wonder a bit about long speed...but i'm interested in more looks

van noy looks thin framed to me seems like i see a thin torso and waist which means he may be a guy that can't carry much more weight well and right now he definitely strikes me as a little light in the pants...i think he should stay in school another year but he's interesting and he's got some gap shooting abilities and lateral quickness as a pass rusher on the inside...he's one to watch i'd say

Van Noy would be a liability in certain situations but extreme instincts like that normally pay off in the pros. Very, very rare. I always love how relaxed he is while doing it...calmly in charge. Note he turned both turnovers into points tonight. Not merely causing the game turning fumble, but falling on it in the end zone. Then on the interception he immediately turned his head back to check on the location of the intended receiver, the first guy who had a crack at him. You won't see a handful of players who know to do that. Once the receiver was out of contention, Van Noy calmly weaved to the end zone, like it was a formality. Too many players can start the play but not finish it. I call those cheap yards. You don't want to force your weak offense to line up again if you can pop it into the end zone for them.

Granted, I'm biased in Van Noy's favor partially because he's been good to me. BYU has been excellent against the spread during his two seasons, covering more than two-thirds of them. I won a halftime bet early last season when Van Noy made a huge play to almost single handedly reverse the outcome at Mississippi.

Yeah, he's light in the trunk. Looks more like a flexed tight end than a linebacker, if you merely watched his frame in warm ups. That BYU defense is so strong they rarely allow Van Noy to be exposed against the run. I thought he was not quite as relentless this season, coming off the shoulder issue. Seemed to pick his spots, looking for big plays. Not that you can blame him, considering how many he makes. Ed Reed or Von Miller-type instincts, not that I'm comparing his overall ability to theirs.

van noy was making some tackles look silly last night also off the edge...he's got some edge rush talents there's no doubt about that...but i also wonder if it was more about the level guys he was facing they seemed to overcommit too much and get destroyed by his short area lateral agility and quickness...he sidestepped people all over the place after they dropped their heads or stopped moving their feet...same move he used on tackles he used on the fb in pass pro or shooting gaps up the middle vs the run...impressive quick short area lateral agility and feet...

Any tackles (left/right) your looking at incase Jake walks hoops?

Any tackles (left/right) your looking at incase Jake walks hoops?

sure...luke joeckel jake matthews taylor lewan eric fisher oday aboushi all guys that i like to varying degrees and feel would fit our system...

matthews is a plug and play right tackle with plus feet good movement skills and awareness who's underrated imo and may have left tackle feet and fits this system to a t...joeckels probably the first left tackle off the board but another terrific fit and plus athlete...oday aboushi is the guy that may have to sit a year or so to work on that body and getting stronger but down the road i like him as a zbs left tackle...

fisher and lewan are two guys i need to see more of but what i have seen to date i have liked...

sure...luke joeckel jake matthews taylor lewan eric fisher oday aboushi all guys that i like to varying degrees and feel would fit our system...

matthews is a plug and play right tackle with plus feet good movement skills and awareness who's underrated imo and may have left tackle feet and fits this system to a t...joeckels probably the first left tackle off the board but another terrific fit and plus athlete...oday aboushi is the guy that may have to sit a year or so to work on that body and getting stronger but down the road i like him as a zbs left tackle...

fisher and lewan are two guys i need to see more of but what i have seen to date i have liked...

Joeckel is a first round lock, maybe even a top 5 pick. Taylor Lewan will likely be off the board in the first too as will Fisher IMO. I don't think Ireland can spend our first round pick on an OT especially since we drafted Martin who will likely slide to LT, so it'd be a first rounder on a guy whose gonna be playing RT. I just don't see it. If Jake was to walk then I'd say we'd probably need to use one of our second rounders to fill in the void.

Aboushi is a guy I definitely think can be had in the second. As you say he'd fit our system and has good athleticism although he may be a bit raw ... gets beat too often by speed rushes from what I've watched of him. He's got good versatility though since he has experience playing both tackle positions. If we are going to slide Martin over to LT then D.J. Fluker is a natural right tackle .... although I question whether he has the athleticism to fit our system. He looks more of a run blocker and a pure size guy to me. Kyle Long (Chris' brother from the Rams) from Oregon is another guy I'm interested in. That dude is some athlete, although I think he could be had in the second round because technique wise he still seems a bit raw to me. Good pass blocker too.

Joeckel is a first round lock, maybe even a top 5 pick. Taylor Lewan will likely be off the board in the first too as will Fisher IMO. I don't think Ireland can spend our first round pick on an OT especially since we drafted Martin who will likely slide to LT, so it'd be a first rounder on a guy whose gonna be playing RT. I just don't see it. If Jake was to walk then I'd say we'd probably need to use one of our second rounders to fill in the void.

Aboushi is a guy I definitely think can be had in the second. As you say he'd fit our system and has good athleticism although he may be a bit raw ... gets beat too often by speed rushes from what I've watched of him. He's got good versatility though since he has experience playing both tackle positions. If we are going to slide Martin over to LT then D.J. Fluker is a natural right tackle .... although I question whether he has the athleticism to fit our system. He looks more of a run blocker and a pure size guy to me. Kyle Long (Chris' brother from the Rams) from Oregon is another guy I'm interested in. That dude is some athlete, although I think he could be had in the second round because technique wise he still seems a bit raw to me. Good pass blocker too.

no real arguments with any of that...although jake matthews should be a 1st round pick lock tackle...fluker fits a power scheme so i'd pass on that in a zbs...aboushi i have watched for 4 years i think he's underrated but again a guy you'd have to wait on probably...kyle long is interesting but i always get nervous when it comes to guys from those type of schemes...and oregon is not very pro like...

i think all 5 guys i mentioned go in the top 2 rounds aboushi the only one that gets there...not sure where i'd project long yet...

Back
Top Bottom