How about some Gesicki tape? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How about some Gesicki tape?

Excellent points all the way around. Btw, I’m not bashing Pitts at all and nor are you. This offense, as you’ve alluded to, would get a lot more out of a true #1 WR than a Gesicki-like type of player.

Also, remember how Gesicki wasn’t all world and didn’t have a TD his first season. Heck he only started coming in towards the middle of his 2nd year going forward. The potential was always there! But the opportunity maybe not so much.
Point being a Pitts player may go through those growing pains. Especially at that position and God help that player considering the patience of fans. If he doesn’t have at least 10 TDs by his 3 game...look out!

Sadly that’s the standard for any player WW draft in the 1st round it seems. Either you’re great from day 1 or you’re a bust. There’s no inbetween.

Im so happy we didn’t take that approach with Gesicki and actually allowed the guy to develope.

I also laugh because some still try and rate him as a bottom tier TE in the league.
Well said brother!

That position does take a lot of time to develop. I'd say the only other position that comes close in development needed at the NFL level is a press-man CB. You're so right ... we fans tend not to have enough patience with these guys.

It's truly funny how underrated Mike Gesicki is compared to certain other players on our team. If this guy were on the Patriots, Cowboys or Packers people would be drooling.
The tide is turning for us to get the recognition we deserve and it will follow for the players. We got a lot of media love as a team last year so hopefully players can enjoy some success there too. AVG got a lot of love.

For the record, I posted the videos last night of a TE that is a part of our team on a very slow night around here. Now this morning some people think I hate Pitts. When does the extreme ends around here?? Gesicki's not perfect but he's made some great catches and I just wanted to post a video of it for people to watch. Why can't we like Gesicki and still like Pitts too?

Last year I liked Burrow and Tua but some people thought if you liked Burrow then that meant you hated Tua. It doesn't have to be all or nothing guys. We can like more than one player. There's nothing wrong with that.

LOL, yeah, and I still remember them comparing him to a giraffe and sooooo many of them preferring almost every other TE in the last 5 drafts over Gesicki, instantly calling him a bust, and constantly naming bust after bust who we should draft over him.

I'm very happy to see Mike Gesicki proving all those doubters wrong. :)
Sounds familiar doesn’t it? Tuas getting the same treatment from Miami fans.

Dude is a below average TE. Hes always covered so he has to make spectacular catches. He can't break a tackle, he cant block, he can't run a option route offense with his boat hips.

The quicker we move on from the straight line bum and get a true difference maker at TE is the quicker Miami will have a top tier passing offense.

Gesicki is what he is. a fairly athletic guy, who isn't overly physical or twitchy. he produces well within what defenses give him. by the looks of it, he won't dictate how defenses will approach him though. the top guys at TE do that.

It’s unfortunate and that’s how it goes. Nonetheless his skill set is why I think I would be hard and redundant to an extent to draft a talent like Pitts.

Yes yes Pitts is a HOFer according to some already. Skip playing and just give him the gold jacket.

Overall the skill sets are far too similiar than they are different to warrant drafting Pitts.

Ofcourse if he’s there at 18 then you take him.

quite a few have unrealistic expectations about pick-a-name. They expect 'complete' players, completely unaware there are VERY FEW complete players in the NFL. MG is a weak blocker. DVP can't get separation. TT doesn't have a cannon. Davis can't push the pocket. Marino couldn't scramble. Yeah, I'd LOVE a team of 53 complete players, but that's Maddenesque. Miami has better blocking TEs, but MG gets lots of snaps. There's a reason for that. He's and NFL TE. Let go of that 'not a complete player' and enjoy his talents

Dude is a below average TE. Hes always covered so he has to make spectacular catches. He can't break a tackle, he cant block, he can't run a option route offense with his boat hips.

The quicker we move on from the straight line bum and get a true difference maker at TE is the quicker Miami will have a top tier passing offense.
You really think there are 16 teams who would prefer their current starting TE? I doubt it.

LOL, yeah, and I still remember them comparing him to a giraffe and sooooo many of them preferring almost every other TE in the last 5 drafts over Gesicki, instantly calling him a bust, and constantly naming bust after bust who we should draft over him.

I'm very happy to see Mike Gesicki proving all those doubters wrong. :)
I was one who did not want to draft him I can tell you that..I thought his blocking skill was the worst I’ve seen coming out of college from that position, I knew he could be a good receiver but not a tight end in any way shape or form, I also feel his receiver skill set doesn’t mesh well with what Tua needs and I still feel that way on both issues, so I’m open to using an asset on Pitts or Friermuth.

No Separation, no yards after the catch, gets leveled by CBs, cant block... Is that really what we're looking for in a TE?

I will actually set out to say that many people in this forum are very negative towards Gesicki for no damn reason. Some in here is talking about Pitts this, Pitts that, and even drafting Pitts at 3rd overall. Or even throwing stuff out there like Gesicki can't block, and etc as if the best pass catching tight ends were excellent blockers. Or even through out big tight end names ahead of him as if he wasn't a good TE. He was the best tight end of his class when drafted when we are speaking about current production, and he keeps getting better and better.

Gesicki is what he is. a fairly athletic guy, who isn't overly physical or twitchy. he produces well within what defenses give him. by the looks of it, he won't dictate how defenses will approach him though. the top guys at TE do that.

Just a theoretical question . . . if Miami were to get Samuel and Waddle as starting WRs, how much more open would MG be? Last season he was #2. He's not a #2 receiver. With Samuel, Waddle, DVP - maybe PW/Wilson, he'd look a lot better. Like many here, I'm not sold on him as a #1TE and he's not a good blocker, but there are very few TEs who can be a successful #2.

Back
Top Bottom