How could Miami make you mad with pick 1a ? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How could Miami make you mad with pick 1a ?

Please no. The game has changed so much. You don’t need an all-world tackle protecting the QB - especially since you can’t hit QBs anymore. These guys are playing into their 40’s now. Tackles don’t make game changing plays which is what this game is now - as much as it pains me to say it. We drafted 2,000 pounds worth of linemen the last 2 years. Develop these kids while they are still cheap.
i agree in principle but its hard to forget (at least for me) how our line routinely collapsed last year giving Tua virtually no chance on too large a proportion of plays.

Dude I think taking either of the Alabama WRs is far more risky than Sewell.

Or what if we did something none of us are talking about, like something on the "Ted Ginn" level of draft stupidity. Like taking a Running back at #6 or another Corner.

Getting Sewell isn't my preference but we could do a hell of alot worse.

I have doubts about his physical condition. I've read that he is overweight, but that may just go with his position. I trust that the FO will have checked this out before they select him, or anyone else for that matter.

Would this board meltdown if they draft Sewell at #6 then Harris at #18.
That would tell you that Flores wants to run the ball more than trust Tua to pass.

Not necessarily.

We improved the line last year and I expect it to improve more this year based on experience alone. That does not mean there isn't need for better OL players or good players that will cost less over 3 or 4 years.

With the FO focused on maintaining a functional cap, coupled with my belief that the front line still needs to be significantly better, I can see us taking an OL-man if he would be the BPA at #6, or whatever position that pick is at the time we draft (I anticipate a trade down that is still in the top ten).

I'm most interested in players who we will still have after 4 years and who have made improvements to the position they were drafted for. I need to see constant, not necessarily stellar, improvement as long as we keep extending our draft #'s in the 1st & 2nd rounds.

Growing the team like this will take care of getting us to the Superbowl.

i agree in principle but its hard to forget (at least for me) how our line routinely collapsed last year giving Tua virtually no chance on too large a proportion of plays.
If we didn’t have a lot of young players on the o-line I wouldn’t feel as strong about this. But we have Jackson (our top pick last year), Kindley and Hunt + Dieter from the previous draft. The 3 rookies from last year especially all looked good at times. I’d like to see us coach them up while we give Tua some more weapons.

By trading back out of the number six spot far enough to where we can’t get one of the big 4 pass catchers
I doubt that would happen. I believe we still could drop back a couple spots in the top 10 since one of the 4 receivers will still likely be on the board if that happened. Only way i see miami moving back far enough to where they likely couldn't land one of the top 4 receivers is if we get a massive trade haul. I wouldn't be mad if that happened by any means just as long as we got a ton of value in return. After all this rebuild is a marathon not a sprint.

Picking
I doubt that would happen. I believe we still could drop back a couple spots in the top 10 since one of the 4 receivers will still likely be on the board if that happened. Only way i see miami moving back far enough to where they likely couldn't land one of the top 4 receivers is if we get a massive trade haul. I wouldn't be mad if that happened by any means just as long as we got a ton of value in return. After all this rebuild is a marathon not a sprint.
I would need 3 more first rounders to trade anywhere past #15!

Besides his size, what are the “too many questions”?

And four years of game tape isn’t enough, he needs to run around in his underwear for some to validate his status? I just don’t get it :shrug:
I said this when I was interviewing potential girlfriends.

"I've seen your game tape but I need to see you run around in your underwear before I make my decision."

I'm like some of the other posters, who i WANT us to draft, and who I'd be pissed IF we drafted first overall are way way different. I WANT offensive playmaker Pitts, Smith, Waddle, Chase. I really have no particular order other than i dont think Chase fits the bill for what Tua needs in a WR. I would be OKAY with Parsons or Sewell. not happy because i think Parsons could've potentially slid to 12 if we would've stayed put, but captain hindsight is never incorrect. I'd be mad if we went about any other position

Back
Top Bottom