How could Miami make you mad with pick 1a ? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How could Miami make you mad with pick 1a ?

Put it this way.... if we wanna seriously win a Superbowl, were gonna need to be able to block the Tampa Bay def front.

I'm not saying Sewell is my #1 choice, but could our line from last year really block a def front like Tampas?

Personally I am okay with any of the top 3 WR‘s or Pitts at 6. Yet since Pitts has already been diagnosed with one concussion while at Florida, I worry about him more than the WR’s. Because once you have one
concussion, you are more likely to have more.

My first choice at WR has always been Waddle because of his speed but either Chase or Smith would be perfectly fine with me.
Concussions are certainly always a concern. I guess when I look at Pitts, I see a guy that is so elusive and fast for his size that he won't have to live over the middle and take a lot of hits to the head, especially at 6'6". Hopefully that mitigates the hits to the head but you never know. There's a lot for teams to process but I think you're right, they probably do well with any of these players.

If they don't take any of the top three wide receivers at 6. They should all be available, and I would be happy with any of them (my preference is DeVonta Smith)

Put it this way.... if we wanna seriously win a Superbowl, were gonna need to be able to block the Tampa Bay def front.

I'm not saying Sewell is my #1 choice, but could our line from last year really block a def front like Tampas?
Especially if we had even ONE injury preceding that matchup or during.

Not necessarily.

We improved the line last year and I expect it to improve more this year based on experience alone. That does not mean there isn't need for better OL players or good players that will cost less over 3 or 4 years.

With the FO focused on maintaining a functional cap, coupled with my belief that the front line still needs to be significantly better, I can see us taking an OL-man if he would be the BPA at #6, or whatever position that pick is at the time we draft (I anticipate a trade down that is still in the top ten).

I'm most interested in players who we will still have after 4 years and who have made improvements to the position they were drafted for. I need to see constant, not necessarily stellar, improvement as long as we keep extending our draft #'s in the 1st & 2nd rounds.

Growing the team like this will take care of getting us to the Superbowl.
Is there even ONE OL guy in the projected 2nd round that is better than any of our current options? If not, then we're strongly having to consider OL at 6 or 18.

I was down to two preferred choices at 6, the pro days today re-enforced this. My order right now is: Pitts>Chase>Smith>Sewell>Waddle. I still wouldn't be mad with any of those but the first two are head and shoulders above the others for me. If the FO feel the same way then making the trades from 3 to 6 make little sense because we've put that opportunity at huge risk.

OL. This team has no playmakers. The current OL will look much better with receivers who can get separation quickly.

Separation well then you want the kid from Florida Kadarius Toney, his moves at the senior bowl were something legends are built on, unfortunately so were his drops....lol.

Back
Top Bottom