-------- How did Jake Long look??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

-------- How did Jake Long look???

He had some stupid penalties, one of which was more of a phantom call than anything. I think he played pretty well.

I think he looked shaky out there....definitely not as good as advertised or expected for the #1 overall pick that hasn't missed a day of camp...

I'll always maintain that we should have drafted Matt Ryan instead...

Hey CK and Vaalk....you still think it's funny that I said Matt Ryan would've beaten out John Beck in 10 minutes?

You know...the John Beck that was inactive while Matt Ryan was throwing 62 yard touchdown passes?

LMAO!

Like a rookie. And just for the hell of it.....not as good as Matt Ryan:unsure:

I think he looked shaky out there....definitely not as good as advertised or expected for the #1 overall pick that hasn't missed a day of camp...

Hey CK and Vaalk....you still think it's funny that I said Matt Ryan would've beaten out John Beck in 10 minutes?

You know...the John Beck that was inactive while Matt Ryan was throwing 62 yard touchdown passes?

LMAO!

Ya, but Matt Ryan played against the Lions at home. Lets see how he looks next week at Tampa Bay. I have a feeling he won't be throwing any bombs against them.

LMAO!

Didnt see that till I posted. Nice one! :up: Matty Ice is a beast. Damn we shouldve gotten that guy. We still couldve gotten Pennington too. We would be set at QB for sure for a hot minute.

I still think Henne could be the truth, and heck he could be better than Matt Ryan. But, unless Henne is at least as good or close and Long is a stud, it was stupid to pass on Ryan. An elite franchise QB is always better than a stud LT.

Wont be but a few more seasons till Matty Ice is one of the best, if not the best, QB in the league for several years.

All the people who thought Beck was even close to Matt Ryan.....:lol: Real experts huh? :lol:

He looked pretty solid, don't let the bitterness of others steer you wrong. He blocked the run really well (as advertised) and his pass pro was real good. He got one BS holding call that didn't happen and a tripping call that was obvious. There was next to NO pressure on Pennington from Longs opponent, I watched him closely almost every play.

who cares about matt ryan ?????
he was like 5 for 9 ... wowwwww thats hall of fame material !

the quesion was how did jake long do ?
and i dont think he did great being that we only rushed for 49 yards

He looked pretty solid, don't let the bitterness of others steer you wrong. He blocked the run really well (as advertised) and his pass pro was real good. He got one BS holding call that didn't happen and a tripping call that was obvious. There was next to NO pressure on Pennington from Longs opponent, I watched him closely almost every play.

Ya I thought Long did pretty well for the most part. He held his own pretty good. It was others on the o-line that struggled.

LMAO @ " matt ice is a BEAST ??? R U SERIOUS ???? A BEAST ???? since when is a QB considered a beast ????? please use the correct terminology !

Ya but remember there are four other players on the o-line that contributed to the struggle in the running game. The inside guys didn't get the job done. Don't just pin it on Long. His strength right now is his pass blocking and protecting the quarterback. His run blocking will improve over time.

I wasn't impressed. Made mistakes and got scorched several times. But he is a rookie so I will hold judgment for now.

it would be ridiculous for me to blame LONG for the lack of runing game ... the O Line has to work as one ... thay ave to be the tighest group on the team ... they hold hands !!!! lol

but ummm im pretty sure jake long would say himself hes not happy with his performance ... im not like these other idiots saying we should have drafted
matt "THE BEAST" ryan

9 of 13, actually. HUGE DAY.

I'm just messing with ya. Lol

Back
Top Bottom