-------- How did Jake Long look??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

-------- How did Jake Long look???

Long had 2 plays called back due to the pretty yellow flag on the pretty green grass. Both of the plays were 1st down runs by Chad...oh well.

He did not play really bad...just not really good. He looked like a rookie trying to get used to the moves and talent level of the NFL...go figure.

Time will tell if he can pass block at the next level or if he is turned into an inside run blocking guard. I hope he ends up being a great LT for Miami for years to come.

I watched Long exclusively on at least 50% of our plays and here's what I saw:

- Overall strong pass blocking and solid run blocking

- Physically dominant, had little trouble enforcing his will

- Confused more than once on defensive line stunts

- Looked a little lost on some run plays, ran around without finding someone to hit

- Whistled on 2 penalties, 1 for tripping and other other for holding; that was disappointing

On the whole, I'd give him a C+/B- for the day. Lots of room for improvement, but you can see he's a very talented blocker and superior to many of the o-linemen we've been throwing out there recently. Big, strong dude who just needs to be a bit quicker and a bit smarter to really start to dominate.

Which I think will happen.

He looked pretty solid, don't let the bitterness of others steer you wrong. He blocked the run really well (as advertised) and his pass pro was real good. He got one BS holding call that didn't happen and a tripping call that was obvious. There was next to NO pressure on Pennington from Longs opponent, I watched him closely almost every play.

I agree. I think he played really well, and i think he is going to be a stud for at least ten years.

I think that the tripping penalty wasn't all that bad really. Even the commentators were saying that it was a vet move that you HOPE the officials don't see. The holding on the stunt was just a total rookie mistake. That will come quickly.

The "gurus" on this site are a total joke...trust me, you'll get as much insight doing a google search.

The potential to get banned for saying that is high, too, which should tell you something.

I think he looked shaky out there....definitely not as good as advertised or expected for the #1 overall pick that hasn't missed a day of camp...

I'll always maintain that we should have drafted Matt Ryan instead...

Hey CK and Vaalk....you still think it's funny that I said Matt Ryan would've beaten out John Beck in 10 minutes?

You know...the John Beck that was inactive while Matt Ryan was throwing 62 yard touchdown passes?

LMAO!

So here is your challenge, to come in this forum for the next 15 weeks and tell us how Ryan did. I will leave the rest up to this board as to how you get chastised each week. As far as I know he had less than 100 yards and looked shaky at best (having watched the game) outside of that 1 pass "even Beck could have made." I think maybe you should start a we should have drafted Tom Brady thread at some point based on your hindsight is 20/20 thread.

So here is your challenge, to come in this forum for the next 15 weeks and tell us how Ryan did. I will leave the rest up to this board as to how you get chastised each week. As far as I know he had less than 100 yards and looked shaky at best (having watched the game) outside of that 1 pass "even Beck could have made." I think maybe you should start a we should have drafted Tom Brady thread at some point based on your hindsight is 20/20 thread.

I wonder how good I'd look at QB when my RB gets 220 yards rushing. They obviousily were stacking the secondary in fear of MATTY ICE.
It's too bad if we would have drafted him he would have had 4 sacks and less then 100 yards passing and some how we'd be better off?????

Jake looked every bit the 1st overall pick and if the WR's can come around we'll have alot more of those long drives Pennington led us on.

I wonder how good I'd look at QB when my RB gets 220 yards rushing. They obviousily were stacking the secondary in fear of MATTY ICE.
It's too bad if we would have drafted him he would have had 4 sacks and less then 100 yards passing and some how we'd be better off?????

Jake looked every bit the 1st overall pick and if the WR's can come around we'll have alot more of those long drives Pennington led us on.

I'd like to see the guy start holding a block on 3 and 2 or 3rd and short.He was not very good in the PS games at that, and if you saw the game Sunday you should know he hasn't got any better.

So far everyone saying he'd be better off as a RT looks right.It's funny we draft a guy cuzz we think we'd be able to run behind him lol and right now he can't even keep his guy off are RB's.

So i guess all you wanted from the #1 overall pick was an expressway to are RB's.Nice!

I was looking for someone who could help are running game.So we could run to the left.

Right now it's 50/50 if he'll be able to put a block on his guy.His real big downfall is on 3rd and short when we run to his side.Anyone that has seen the PS games and the game on Sunday could tell that..........

lol WOW, how quick we want to slowly declare Jake a bust . . . after ONE game . . . . look at Mario Williams . . . kid was a major bust most of his first season . . . . he may be the best DE in the league now.

Jake did not give up a sack . . . and was actually pretty strong in pass pro yesterday. He IMO had a solid debut and 2 unfortunate penalties . . . which wtf u want me to say, **** happens . . . LMAO did anybody see what happened when one of our tackles got out of the game . . . Pennington almost got killed . . . picture Matt Ryan as our QB now . . . w/o Jake Long . . . . I rest my case . . . Jake was EASILY the best pick for this team, this argument is STUPID.

Damn are we calling Jake a bust already?

Jake played well at times and he had a few rookie moments as well. Overall he seemed to have a decent game. I recorded the game and plan on watching it later so I can focus more on Jake's play during the game.

I think he looked shaky out there....definitely not as good as advertised or expected for the #1 overall pick that hasn't missed a day of camp...

I'll always maintain that we should have drafted Matt Ryan instead...

Hey CK and Vaalk....you still think it's funny that I said Matt Ryan would've beaten out John Beck in 10 minutes?

You know...the John Beck that was inactive while Matt Ryan was throwing 62 yard touchdown passes?

LMAO!

Suppose thats the kind of stuff we have to listen to after the first game of the season :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom