How does a talent poor roster acquire this many quality picks. And what does it mean? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How does a talent poor roster acquire this many quality picks. And what does it mean?

We were doing that before any rebuild. They seem to be doing it after many years of rebuilding. Huge difference. What in the world makes you think our results are going to be anything like theirs?

This organisation has developed a middle of the road culture. It has become ingrained in our DNA. Yhat is why I think we will be like the Browns. It's one thing blowing up the roster, but what is the point if that DNA doesn't change also. It all starts at the top and rolls downhill.

This organisation has developed a middle of the road culture. It has become ingrained in our DNA. Yhat is why I think we will be like the Browns. It's one thing blowing up the roster, but what is the point if that DNA doesn't change also. It all starts at the top and rolls downhill.
The Browns had a bottom of the road culture for years. After rebuilding for so long, perhaps they will become a middle of the road culture.

I don't buy the DNA argument regardless.

The Browns had a bottom of the road culture for years. After rebuilding for so long, perhaps they will become a middle of the road culture.

I don't buy the DNA argument regardless.

Agreed. The danger is we may be heading to a bottom of the road culture ourselves. Man, I hope this all works out. I only have around 40 years left alive to see us in a Super Bowl; I'm not confident I'll ever see one!

I still have doubts that Grier will pick good players and that Flores will be able to coach them.

I think the Steelers pick will give us flexibility. We can’t trade back with our pick because Tua, but if we trade from 5 to 10 so another team can get their QB and get another 2021 first in the process, this rebuild could be quicker. Just need to make sure we don’t pass up elite talent when trading back.

You also realise we will have $130 million to spend as well as these picks. We can outfit an entire roster with quality players between the money and the picks. Imagine:

Melvin Gordon RB
Antonio Brown WR
Ramsey CB

All can be signed with plenty money left over and the QB, OL, DL and LBs built through the draft. We can be a playoff contender next year if coached right.

You also realise we will have $130 million to spend as well as these picks. We can outfit an entire roster with quality players between the money and the picks. Imagine:

Melvin Gordon RB
Antonio Brown WR
Ramsey CB

All can be signed with plenty money left over and the QB, OL, DL and LBs built through the draft. We can be a playoff contender next year if coached right.

No thanks! I do not want a single one of those players. Talented, but expensive and head cases. That is not where we need to invest.

The Browns are a good team with a good QB, that's exactly what we should strive to be
The browns are unproven and do more talking now than most teams. We can be better off then them as long as we create a better cilture. Something Flores is trying to do, and what they ignored

It's about getting the types of players the new staff likes.

The team was littered with players Adam Gase liked and thought would fit HIS system and ideals (Grier and Tannebaum selected players that fit what the former coach had in mind).

Instead of doing a gradual changeover, they are speeding up the process by getting value for some of their more talented players. Players that they might have been able to work with, but that weren't perfect fits for them.

I don't believe Minkah was part of that plan, initially, but his public outcry made him part of the plan. I don't even believe Tunsil was part of the plan either, but during their pursuit of Clowney they discovered a Texans franchise that just simply had to have him and were willing to overpay. Kenny Stills was an already disgruntled player that simply helped facilitate the deal. Win-Win.

While it would have been nice to keep a couple talents like Minkah and Tunsil, the potential return could be much greater.
This is a very well written and thought out summary that everyone should just link to.

It's about getting the types of players the new staff likes.

The team was littered with players Adam Gase liked and thought would fit HIS system and ideals (Grier and Tannebaum selected players that fit what the former coach had in mind).

Instead of doing a gradual changeover, they are speeding up the process by getting value for some of their more talented players. Players that they might have been able to work with, but that weren't perfect fits for them.

I don't believe Minkah was part of that plan, initially, but his public outcry made him part of the plan. I don't even believe Tunsil was part of the plan either, but during their pursuit of Clowney they discovered a Texans franchise that just simply had to have him and were willing to overpay. Kenny Stills was an already disgruntled player that simply helped facilitate the deal. Win-Win.

While it would have been nice to keep a couple talents like Minkah and Tunsil, the potential return could be much greater.
How do you know we were chasing Clowney? It looks a lot lot more like they were after Tunsil and were trying to offload Clowney instead of another first round pick or maybe a third rd pick But Clowney kaboshed that plan after meeting with Flores, so Houston pulled the trigger on 2 1sts and a 3rd

No thanks! I do not want a single one of those players. Talented, but expensive and head cases. That is not where we need to invest.
You have to be kidding - you have to spend to get stars and we need stars along with a solid team. We have money to burn and picks to do whatever we want to do with. I would take all three of those players and more frankly. Any player that is a good player will demand alot of money, welcome to the NFL. Look at all playoff teams, they ALL have multiple high priced players on their teams, because they are the good players.

Back
Top Bottom