How far will you people go for a winner? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How far will you people go for a winner?

If he qualifies for play by his employer's code of conduct (the NFL), that's good enough for me.

In my opinion, the only way I want RW back is on a reduced salary with Performance bonuses. He does not strike me as the most motivated individual in the world, so make his income hinge on what he does on the field

FIREMEDIC822 said:
I still dont get the attitude some people have when it comes to RW. The guy left football to get his personel life straight. He didnt leave you he left the dolphins. Yeah you are a fan but thats it. The only people that have a right to question RW are the players and staff thats it. They have welcomed the idea because they know what RW was going through with his social anxiety disorder. I have priorities in life that nothing will get in front of and thats GOD, family and country. If my job ever interferes with any of those then it is good bye. Would it make a difference if he was suspended for the year? Thats the road he was heading down. If he stayed with the fins last year he would have failed his fourth and been gone. Instead he took personel time off and straightened himself out (hopefully). Its not like he murdered anyone right Ray?

WELCOME BACK RW!!!!

That is all well and fine, and I would agree that if one of my higher priorities conflicted with my work, clearly I would not chose my job. However, If I left my job at a critical time, just before we were starting some major effort and I was a critical part of that effort, then I would not at all be surprised if I was not ever welcomed back. The analogy you present here is not reasonable, because if one of my employees, no matter how good, was suspended for drugs, left me in the lurch, or just screwed me over in general, I would not welcome him back, and would not be surprised if our customers or other contractors (ie fans) that he screwed over didn't want anything to do with him either....and that is how it works in the real world.

utfinfan said:
In my opinion, the only way I want RW back is on a reduced salary with Performance bonuses. He does not strike me as the most motivated individual in the world, so make his income hinge on what he does on the field

agreed

Geauxfins said:
That is all well and fine, and I would agree that if one of my higher priorities conflicted with my work, clearly I would not chose my job. However, If I left my job at a critical time, just before we were starting some major effort and I was a critical part of that effort, then I would not at all be surprised if I was not ever welcomed back. The analogy you present here is not reasonable, because if one of my employees, no matter how good, was suspended for drugs, left me in the lurch, or just screwed me over in general, I would not welcome him back, and would not be surprised if our customers or other contractors (ie fans) that he screwed over didn't want anything to do with him either....and that is how it works in the real world.

Maybe in your world but lets not confuse that with the real world. There are many considerate bosses and clients out there that would understand personel conflicts. Just because you cant doesnt mean others cant. Maybe you need to look at your boss and see if he is somebody you would like to continue to work for. I know my FD would welcome me back if I had a problem.

Phin-o-rama said:
why aren't people mad at david boston?? he abused steroids to the point where it could totally have caused his injury last year and he missed an entire year....wtf is the difference?

Totaly differant situation. When David Boston was first traded to the Dolphins from San Diego, he was doing everything we asked of him; he was dropping weight, showing up to minicamps and getting along well with his teamates. Then he got hurt... It is just my theory but is it possible he was using steroids to help him recover quicker? He has been built like that forever and he has never failed a drug test before he got hurt. As far as the old dude at the airport goes, I dont know; sounds to me like the old dude deserved it:lol:

Ricky on the other hand commited the ultimate act of selfishness toward his teamates, his coaches, the fans and the city of Miami. If he wanted to retire he could have at the end of the 2003 season and we all would have wished him well but he decided to wait until a week before training camp when it was too late to draft anybody and too late to pick up any good free agents. Ricky sold us out and sigle handedly made us the laughing stock of the NFL.

This could be forgiven.

But he asks for no forgiveness. He thinks the Miami Dolphins are his *****, he can quit on us and leave our team dead in the water for a season, then when he finds out he needs us to pay back he suddenky finds a new passion for the game. Sure. I love my Dolphins more than nearly anything else so one player/bad decision could not turn me against them but I will not forgive Ricky Williams until he holds a press conferance, apologizing to his teamates, coaches and fans. I will cheer when he scores a touchdown, but I will not cheer for him

I hope Seth McKinny kills him in his sleep:evil:

Wagon Circler said:
I think ditching my team and betraying it's fan base to smoke weed and only consider coming back when pelted with a lawsuit would be "too much".

Exactly. Also, on top of what you mentioned Pricky is only coming back for one thing and that is money/debt. Pricky has no heart for the game of football anymore and when you all see him step out of bounds instead of trying to break the tackle to gain 10 more yards you will understand. He's coming back for 2 years until his contract is finished and the debt is erased and we will more than likely not be Super Bowl contenders with or without him so I don't see any benefit to bringing him back. Ronnie is the future and the future should start this season.

Wagon Circler said:
I think ditching my team and betraying it's fan base to smoke weed and only consider coming back when pelted with a lawsuit would be "too much".
I agree with you.....Screw ricky

Megatron said:
Just getting some testimonials from the Finheaven faithful. Just what would Ricky have to do for it to be "TOO" much to take him back. I think if he drove a busload of nuns off a cliff there would still be people on here saying "let it go, he didn't do it to you". Thoughts?

Not to be sarcastic because I respect you, but Ricky would have to commit a real crime for me to be completely against his coming back. Not a petty type of crime (such as marijuana possession) but something significant. That or if he becomes a major negative disruption to the team. He wasn't happy with his contract and he knew that he was going to get pounded really hard due to last year's coaching and O-Line (and QB) and so he made his stupid mistake. It was irresponsible but that does not make him a Stalin or some other reviled person of society. I truly believe that we would only have won one or two more games with him if he had been here. We would have stunk regardless whether he was here or not. Our demise was due to our recent history of poor drafting, poor free agent signings, and poor coaching.

The best thing he can do is try to make ammends and he can start doing that by accepting the fact that he won't be making his 3.5 million dollar salary because he breached his contract. Instead, he can play for his base salary without payment for incentives. He can then go on to become a good teammate who happens to play very well.

FIREMEDIC822 said:
I still dont get the attitude some people have when it comes to RW. The guy left football to get his personel life straight. He didnt leave you he left the dolphins. Yeah you are a fan but thats it. The only people that have a right to question RW are the players and staff thats it. They have welcomed the idea because they know what RW was going through with his social anxiety disorder. I have priorities in life that nothing will get in front of and thats GOD, family and country. If my job ever interferes with any of those then it is good bye. Would it make a difference if he was suspended for the year? Thats the road he was heading down. If he stayed with the fins last year he would have failed his fourth and been gone. Instead he took personel time off and straightened himself out (hopefully). Its not like he murdered anyone right Ray?

WELCOME BACK RW!!!!

x2.

Phin-o-rama said:
why aren't people mad at david boston?? he abused steroids to the point where it could totally have caused his injury last year and he missed an entire year....wtf is the difference?

I've said the exact same thing. It's funny Boston abused illegal drugs, was on the road to being suspended(technically way suspended) and knew he was going to be suspended and new that it would hurt his team. So what is the difference? It's hypocritical to welcome one back without question but condemn the other. It's BS.
Football and life are two different things. I'd venture to say at LEAST 1/3 of the people on this board have tried at least marijuana. More than half of a the people have quit a job because of burnout or a desire for change - then maybe regretted it. How many of us drink or have drank in the past? i don't smoke pot, but I used to drink alot and still do occasionally. I will say that i don't think pot is any worse than drinking. How many of us have done something dishonest in the past? Cheated? Lied? Stole? So I say: Who are we to judge? He didn't inflict harm on anyone. He didn't stab Zach or JT. He didn't rape a cheerleader. He didn't kill anyone in a drunk driving accident.
Will I welcome Ricky back? Absolutely. If he'd killed someone? Of course not. But let's not get carried away. I can see the motive behind this thread. I understand the curiosity. But what Ricky did is not that bad compared to some of the things other players have done and are doing. Look at the way Terrell Owens is treating his team mates. He just signed a contract and now he refuses to honor because he thinks he's underpaid and that his value to that team is higher than anyone else on it and to hell with the rest of them. But i would venture to say if we had a chance to sign Owens, most of the Ricky bashers would slobber all over themselves to sign the most selfish player I have ever seen.
Anyway... Ricky Williams is a human being first and a football player second. I'm pulling for RW to get his life back in order as a person just as much as I am for him to come back to football and be successful. I want him to prove everyone wrong and be the person and player he is capable of being. I am willing to give him that opportunity. If he blows it, then he has noone to blame but himself and he's the only one who will have to live with it.

I haven't heard what would be too much from the huggers. Just alot of "get over it". :shakeno: Come on guys what is your breaking point? What would be too much to forgive?? If he bad mouthed the team constantly in the media? If he stole from other players lockers? What?!?! Come on everyone has a limit they will accept of other people screwing up.

#84Fan4Life said:
Exactly. Also, on top of what you mentioned Pricky is only coming back for one thing and that is money/debt. Pricky has no heart for the game of football anymore and when you all see him step out of bounds instead of trying to break the tackle to gain 10 more yards you will understand. He's coming back for 2 years until his contract is finished and the debt is erased and we will more than likely not be Super Bowl contenders with or without him so I don't see any benefit to bringing him back. Ronnie is the future and the future should start this season.

So RW is only coming back for the money and he has no heart for football? Sure must be nice to have talked to Ricky. When did he tell you this? :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom