How far will you people go for a winner? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How far will you people go for a winner?

FIREMEDIC822 said:
I still dont get the attitude some people have when it comes to RW. The guy left football to get his personel life straight. He didnt leave you he left the dolphins. Yeah you are a fan but thats it. The only people that have a right to question RW are the players and staff thats it. They have welcomed the idea because they know what RW was going through with his social anxiety disorder. I have priorities in life that nothing will get in front of and thats GOD, family and country. If my job ever interferes with any of those then it is good bye. Would it make a difference if he was suspended for the year? Thats the road he was heading down. If he stayed with the fins last year he would have failed his fourth and been gone. Instead he took personel time off and straightened himself out (hopefully). Its not like he murdered anyone right Ray?

WELCOME BACK RW!!!!

I welcome Ricky back too, But I disagree that the fans don't have the right to question RW. No fans = no money = no NFL. All players have a responsibility to their coaching staff, teammates and fans. They may not acknowledge that responsibility or act on it, but it exists nonetheless. Ricky had every right to leave when he did, and the fans have a right to boo him or applaud him when he returns--thats part of what the price of their ticket buys them. Ricky is something of an idealist and a bit disconnected from reality but, IMO, he has a spiritual dimension beyond what most players have. He is searching for answers that will give meaning to his life. Complex people will not be satisfied by simplistic answers.Unfortunately he let down a lot of people that were counting on him by his timing. Extreme measures such as the one he took smack of youthful idealism. It places an inordinate amount of value on a single facet of a complex situation. Wisdom comes from being able to account for all facets of a problem and weight them properly. Hopefully he has learned that part of developing as a complete human being is fulfilling your duties--duties you freely and willingly undertook. Welcome back Ricky, may your head be clear, your heart be true, and your feet be swift!

zachseau13 said:
Jeez, I don't know, how far did Ray Lewis go?

Since when did Ray Lewis become Miami Dolphins property?

The only problem with your theory is that Ricky would probably be found guilty of false retirement in a court of law. Then if sent to football prison he would be offed for being a stool pigeon.

FIREMEDIC822 said:
I still dont get the attitude some people have when it comes to RW. The guy left football to get his personel life straight. He didnt leave you he left the dolphins. Yeah you are a fan but thats it. The only people that have a right to question RW are the players and staff thats it. They have welcomed the idea because they know what RW was going through with his social anxiety disorder. I have priorities in life that nothing will get in front of and thats GOD, family and country. If my job ever interferes with any of those then it is good bye. Would it make a difference if he was suspended for the year? Thats the road he was heading down. If he stayed with the fins last year he would have failed his fourth and been gone. Instead he took personel time off and straightened himself out (hopefully). Its not like he murdered anyone right Ray?

WELCOME BACK RW!!!!

Did Ray murder someone?

So us the fan should just bring some pom poms to the games because we should be seen and not herd right?

The FAN is what keeps these games going, and they do have meaning. Take a look at the Finheaven news page and click the page leading to where Webster was arrested. You will see a neat little quote from Saban himself, about the fans.....

SCall13 said:
When I posed the question about Boston, it wasn't directed at you. I am just throwing something else out ther for ANYONE who don't want RW to come back but have nothing to say about what Boston did and his coming back. My point is, it's funny that since Boston wasn't such a huge part of our team, it's easier for people to look past what he did. But since RW was THE biggest part of our team, most people hate him for what he did. The bottom line is, importance of the players aside, very similar mistakes were made. So why should one sin go unpunished and the other be forgiven? I am willing to give them both a second chance. After that, I'd wash my hands of both of them.

People never had a minute to even warm up to David Boston. I think Camp goers were the only ones who even seen him in uniform.

What he did sucked, but its not like this team gave up a lot to get him, unlike Ricky. If the league suspended him for life I would aplaud them because steroids is cheating.

With Ricky it is not about the weed at all, not to me. I would have embrased him had he came clean, suspension or not. All he had to do was face the music...

Ozzy said:
People never had a minute to even warm up to David Boston. I think Camp goers were the only ones who even seen him in uniform.

What he did sucked, but its not like this team gave up a lot to get him, unlike Ricky. If the league suspended him for life I would aplaud them because steroids is cheating.

With Ricky it is not about the weed at all, not to me. I would have embrased him had he came clean, suspension or not. All he had to do was face the music...

I understand where you are coming from. But the question of the thread maker is what we'd be willing to forgive to have a winner. SO keeping it in that perspective, Boston and Ricky are technically on the same level of guilt.

SCall13 said:
I understand where you are coming from. But the question of the thread maker is what we'd be willing to forgive to have a winner. SO keeping it in that perspective, Boston and Ricky are technically on the same level of guilt.
I agree my level of acceptance for screw-ups on this team is once your busted once, clean up your act, and don't do it again. Both of these players have shown they cannot, or will not, give up their respective vices.

Phin-o-rama said:
why aren't people mad at david boston?? he abused steroids to the point where it could totally have caused his injury last year and he missed an entire year....wtf is the difference?

I'm furoius I think david boston is a CHEATEr and would rather have a quitter then a cheater on my team. I don't think he';l be that effective anyway, but hes a cheater. it pisses me off that i have to cheer for players that cheat just cause they wear aqua and orange

awing_pilot said:
it pisses me off that i have to cheer for players that cheat just cause they wear aqua and orange
You don't have to. Cheer for the players you like, it's OK.

fishfan34 said:
I find what Ricky did, FAR less problematic than killing a mother because of driving drunk like Leonard Little. If they can bring Leonard back with open arms and support him then I sure can at least give Ricky a second chance. I don't agree with the way Ricky went about dealing with his supposed problems, but what's done is done and I welcome him back. Had he killed a Miami Mother of 2 because he was out driving drunk around the City, I would NOT want nor welcome him back! Leonard Little is a murderer in my book, plain and simple!

Amen. Little should have been suspended for life from the NFL. He got arrested (acquitted amazingly) AGAIN for a dui last year. Guy should not be playing in the NFL, he's a disgrace. Can't imagine how it feels for the survivors of the woman he killed seeing him playing and worse, getting sympathy from players and fans. Poor Leonard Little. Give a fn break.

Megatron said:
Just getting some testimonials from the Finheaven faithful. Just what would Ricky have to do for it to be "TOO" much to take him back. I think if he drove a busload of nuns off a cliff there would still be people on here saying "let it go, he didn't do it to you". Thoughts?

I think Ricky could go on a Manson-like killing spree while high on coke and X and some idiot here would defend him.

Wagon Circler said:
I think ditching my team and betraying it's fan base to smoke weed and only consider coming back when pelted with a lawsuit would be "too much".

Yeah, that would be enough for m- WAIT- didn't that happen? If you ask some of the posters around here who glorify and defend Ricky like he was one of their family members, there's some doubt to whether it did.

FIREMEDIC822 said:
Maybe in your world but lets not confuse that with the real world. There are many considerate bosses and clients out there that would understand personel conflicts. Just because you cant doesnt mean others cant. Maybe you need to look at your boss and see if he is somebody you would like to continue to work for. I know my FD would welcome me back if I had a problem.

Yeah, I don't know any people who can be considered leaders of others who would tolerate one of their employees qutting their job- a job where many others depend on that person- to go smoke ganj and live in a tent. These same leaders would take the employee back the day hell froze over or when the sun burnt out completely. Whichever happens first.

Megatron said:
David Boston shouldn't get one from our team in my mind. I have been very vocal on it. So it's once bitten twice shy for you eh? I'm of the mind that you can forgive one mistake. The problem with Ricky is not the quitting. It's the lying. The guy can't keep his damn lies straight. This is a repeat offense on his part that should have the Fin faithful questioning his integrity and his desire to truely help this franchise be a contender. It's a matter of principle. I like to think of the Dolphins as a solid NFL franchise with a strong legacy of leadership and integrity. Maybe he will clean up his act and play great. Maybe. But even if he does I still believe that the Dolphins have made a move here that questions the foundation of what makes a member of the Miami Dolphins and certainly lowers the bar on our level of excellence.

Don't try explaining principal to the Ricky huggers bro. They wouldn't know what it was if it crawled up their *** and hibernated for a month.

FireWrongstedt said:
Don't try explaining principal to the Ricky huggers bro. They wouldn't know what it was if it crawled up their *** and hibernated for a month.
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom