How far will you people go for a winner? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How far will you people go for a winner?

Slappy8800 said:
hmmm a busload of nuns eh?....how many nuns?
Let's say an entire orphanages staff of nuns, that were bringing back toys at Christmastime. Well the bus gets a flat on the way there and lo and behold who's hitchhiking home from his dealers.......Ricky Williams. Well Ricky offers to yoga a new one on there ( he doesn't know how and is too stoned to figure it out, but it beats walking ) and the nuns thank him by letting him be the one to drive to the orphanage. Well Ricky's got his Santa cap on and is mowing some Christmas munchies and everything seems OK. Well a squirrel jumps across the road and Ricky decides to stop and let it pass. Well a dummy like him doesn't leave the parking break on when he goes out to shoo the little thing across and the bus promtly rolls over a cliff and the nuns all die in a fiery inferno. Well Ricky says to himself "I don't feel bad at all" and keeps hitchhiking. Two days later he's located by the cops ripped on ether and trying to relieve Hunter S. Thompson's book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. He's bankrolling it with his kids child support cheques. After a brief gunbattle Ricky is brought in, and claims he tried to perform aurvedic medicine on the nuns but the risk of harm to himself was to great to attempt it.

Megatron said:
Let's say an entire orphanages staff of nuns, that were bringing back toys at Christmastime. Well the bus gets a flat on the way there and lo and behold who's hitchhiking home from his dealers.......Ricky Williams. Well Ricky offers to yoga a new one on there ( he doesn't know how and is too stoned to figure it out, but it beats walking ) and the nuns thank him by letting him be the one to drive to the orphanage. Well Ricky's got his Santa cap on and is mowing some Christmas munchies and everything seems OK. Well a squirrel jumps across the road and Ricky decides to stop and let it pass. Well a dummy like him doesn't leave the parking break on when he goes out to shoo the little thing across and the bus promtly rolls over a cliff and the nuns all die in a fiery inferno. Well Ricky says to himself "I don't feel bad at all" and keeps hitchhiking. Two days later he's located by the cops ripped on ether and trying to relieve Hunter S. Thompson's book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. He's bankrolling it with his kids child support cheques. After a brief gunbattle Ricky is brought in, and claims he tried to perform aurvedic medicine on the nuns but the risk of harm to himself was to great to attempt it.

well when you put it like that how can i not take him back?

Megatron said:

:lol: That's some creative #@*&*. Very funny.

Let me just restate (because I think it's a little buried at the bottom of page 4): I think it's kind of ludicrous to try and delineate what specific behavior is "too much." It depends on the value an orgainzation is getting out of a person.

For example, I'd be willing to bet there wasn't one single thing that Randy Moss did last season that made Vikings management say ... "Whoa! That's #3 on the List of Things We Will Not Tolerate" and trade him. They just decided that they had reached the point at which it was better for the team trading him than keeping him.

I think the worst part of this entire thread is people comparing Ricky's situation with Ray Lewis'.

Gimme a friggin' break...two completely different circumstances...

What a friggin' joke...

Phin-o-rama said:
why aren't people mad at david boston?? he abused steroids to the point where it could totally have caused his injury last year and he missed an entire year....wtf is the difference?

He didn't do steriods ask anyone in the forum and they will tell u also but I'm not mad at either of them because if they were playing we would of probly missed the playoffs still have Wannstedt as a coach and we probly wouldn't have Brown, Roth, Crowder or Daniels or anyone we signed in the offseason. I think everything happened for a reason and I hope it turns out to be a great reason.:D

DrAstroZoom said:
Let me just restate (because I think it's a little buried at the bottom of page 4): I think it's kind of ludicrous to try and delineate what specific behavior is "too much." It depends on the value an orgainzation is getting out of a person.

For example, I'd be willing to bet there wasn't one single thing that Randy Moss did last season that made Vikings management say ... "Whoa! That's #3 on the List of Things We Will Not Tolerate" and trade him. They just decided that they had reached the point at which it was better for the team trading him than keeping him.
I'm at that point now.

wazzy said:
He didn't do steriods ask anyone in the forum and they will tell u also but I'm not mad at either of them because if they were playing we would of probly missed the playoffs still have Wannstedt as a coach and we probly wouldn't have Brown, Roth, Crowder or Daniels or anyone we signed in the offseason. I think everything happened for a reason and I hope it turns out to be a great reason.:D
Again our O-line was a shambles. Ricky wouldn't have helped us last year even if he did play. Second Wanny had a Super-bowl or bust label handed to him by Wayne, failure and Wanny was beyond being on the hot seat. Third we would have had Ricky under contract, seriously affecting our cap situation last year and this year. Fourth Ricky would have faced a four game suspension for his third failed drug test and would be tested 10 times a month for the rest of his career. This assures a fourth failed test because he had no intention of quitting dope and the testing would be too stringent to avoid. Five Jay Fiedler had obviously lost his ability to win games on effort alone, and the O-line didn't help Feeley enough with Wise coaching. Six our D-line was decimated by injuries and our offense wasn't getting on the field. Teams pounded the run against us limiting our time with the ball. Seven our poor drafting at that point left us almost no depth at any position, assuring that once we got injuries (which we did) that we would have a hard time being competitive. Eight Wanny is a terrible coach and his bad gameplanning would have had him fired anyway.

So to sum up, Ricky leaving did not affect Wanny leaving because even if he had played, the other factors would have surely expidited Wanny's departure.

Megatron said:
I'm at that point now.

Obviously.

And I am not. I'm not about what has happened in the past. If RW can give us modest production, prolong Ronnie Brown's career and give our offense another viable weapon, I am fine with Ricky's return. At the point he demontrates bringing no value to the team or harming it in any way from this point forward, I'm for cutting him loose.

FinzManiac said:
I think the worst part of this entire thread is people comparing Ricky's situation with Ray Lewis'.

Gimme a friggin' break...two completely different circumstances...

What a friggin' joke...

You are correct, Ray Lewis's situation is much worse.

Back
Top Bottom