How good is Waddle? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How good is Waddle?

Things change year to year, though...we just got a hell of a lot better on defense and offense..let's see how it goes next year!
What im more or less suggesting is we struggle with athletic QBs. Did Miami improve in that way

You dont stop them, you out score them.

Kinda sucks that they're all AFC teams...
When you look at the games Josh Allen did have the lowest passer rating in the games he got blown out lol it’s like he presses harder and is very careless in that situation. Definitely need to score more

Depends on what you expect from Tua and the young OL, but Miami will have one of the better rosters in the league in 2021. They should put up a lot of points, and they should be pretty good on defense.
It's not so far fetched. I think we just solidifed our D as a top-5 unit. With added pass rush, ball-hawking safety, and growth of Noah the D has a chance to be elite and carry the offense. The biggest if is that Tua will now look like he did at Alabama, but if that happens, look out. They did everything that had to to facilitate that, minus the feature back...I would love to see them explore the trade market and pony up a 2nd for a top all-around back. The fact they were serious about Aaron Jones reveals that they do view RB as valuable and worth spending resources on, given the right guy. To that end, I would rather that they have ponied up that 3rd to get javonte williams and settle for a different OL with their other 2nd rounder; now they will need to pay more in draft capital and $$$ for the same get.

Agreed.

So ten years or so into their careers they'll be about 32/33. :shrug:

WR's more than RB's can still be productive, at that age.

The really good/great ones, especially..

..which both Waddle and Smith are expected to be, as Top 10 picks.

Ja'marr Chase is 21 as of March 1, in case you were wondering.
Lol. Only current RB's that have been productive at that age are Peterson and Gore. Ingram is the only other guy I can think of that was still actually good at 30.

There's no comparison between the longevity of the two positions. If Waddle is the game breaking WR we expect him to be, there's zero problems here.

Lol. Only current RB's that have been productive at that age are Peterson and Gore. Ingram is the only other guy I can think of that was still actually good at 30.

There's no comparison between the longevity of the two positions. If Waddle is the game breaking WR we expect him to be, there's zero problems here.
Agreed. That was the point. Haha.

Hope his "elite traits" our staff/GM/etc. saw in Waddle play up big.

God willing.

:cool:

Does it really matter at that level?

If you have guys that are within a couple hundreths of each other, it then becomes a matter of who is the "football player" with "football speed"

Waddle is that, IMO. Grant has the football speed, but suspect hands, and meh route running skills limit him.

Stills was fast, but if it wasn't a go route, with a safety making a mistake, he was invisible (not a football player).

Nope doesn't matter at all. But we're along way from any meaningful football action. So now seems like the perfect time to talk about stuff that doesn't really matter.

I'm curious anyone know what his legit 40 time is? This is more out of curiousity.
I hear he ran a 4.37 out of HS going to Alabama? Is that correct?

I also hear he's a little slower than Ruggs III who ran a 4.27 at the combine.
So is a 4.33-4.37 about what he is?
Where do you think he is speed wise comapare to J.Grant?
IMO, if he's faster than Grant i don't think it's going to be by much.

BTW and not saying he isn't. But when you watch him run he doesn't seem like he's moving that fast. But yet, no one can catch him.
Post 18,717. Amazing!

Nope doesn't matter at all. But we're along way from any meaningful football action. So now seems like the perfect time to talk about stuff that doesn't really matter.
Yeah, gonna be a long wait for sure.

Back
Top Bottom