How good is Waddle? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How good is Waddle?

Other than being a smaller receiver, I don't think Waddle has a weakness.

He tracks the ball well, catches in traffic, is tough, runs good routes, and can take the ball to the house.

His speed has to be respected. Watching him at Alabama, opposing teams gave him a huge cushion. As a result, those comeback routes were almost guaranteed.

like always happens when a certain type of player comes along that kills it, the NFL has been trying to replicate Tyreek Hill so since he came on the scene there have been copycats taken every draft. None of them approach his success because the teams lack a QB like Mahomes, a TE like Kelce and a coach like Reid. That doesn't stop them though. Waddle is a stud. But a luxury when you already have a very good threesome in Parker, Fuller and Williams. I don't hate the player but hate that it cost two 1st rounders. If he stays healthy and we get a franchise QB he'll be fine. It's usually prudent to actually get the franchise QB first before taking guys like Waddle though and we'll regret passing on Lance for a 15 like we'll regret passing on Herbert. I do think when you don't have a franchise QB like us, having someone like Waddle to run sweeps and bubble screens will open up things for Parker and Fuller. We just have to hope Tua isn't completely useless and can take advantage of that. Let's hope he and the others stay healthy. Anything less than 1400-12 TDs will be a major disappointment. That's the type of production that the draft capital spent should bring. It still won't be able to compete with having Lance for 15 years but it would mean he's producing as much as Chase and Pitts should.

like always happens when a certain type of player comes along that kills it, the NFL has been trying to replicate Tyreek Hill so since he came on the scene there have been copycats taken every draft. None of them approach his success because the teams lack a QB like Mahomes, a TE like Kelce and a coach like Reid. That doesn't stop them though. Waddle is a stud. But a luxury when you already have a very good threesome in Parker, Fuller and Williams. I don't hate the player but hate that it cost two 1st rounders. If he stays healthy and we get a franchise QB he'll be fine. It's usually prudent to actually get the franchise QB first before taking guys like Waddle though and we'll regret passing on Lance for a 15 like we'll regret passing on Herbert. I do think when you don't have a franchise QB like us, having someone like Waddle to run sweeps and bubble screens will open up things for Parker and Fuller. We just have to hope Tua isn't completely useless and can take advantage of that. Let's hope he and the others stay healthy. Anything less than 1400-12 TDs will be a major disappointment. That's the type of production that the draft capital spent should bring. It still won't be able to compete with having Lance for 15 years but it would mean he's producing as much as Chase and Pitts should.
You're expecting a rookie to have 1,400 yards and 12 touchdowns in his ROOKIE SEASON..Good luck! :lol:

Even IF TUA HAS A MAHOMES TYPE SEASON OR IS THE REINCARNATION OF MAHOMES...good luck with that benchmark coming to fruition!

I'm curious anyone know what his legit 40 time is? This is more out of curiousity.
I hear he ran a 4.37 out of HS going to Alabama? Is that correct?

I also hear he's a little slower than Ruggs III who ran a 4.27 at the combine.
So is a 4.33-4.37 about what he is?

From Waddle‘s own words, he has high 4.2, low 4.3 speed.

I'm curious anyone know what his legit 40 time is? This is more out of curiousity.
I hear he ran a 4.37 out of HS going to Alabama? Is that correct?

I also hear he's a little slower than Ruggs III who ran a 4.27 at the combine.
So is a 4.33-4.37 about what he is?
Where do you think he is speed wise comapare to J.Grant?
IMO, if he's faster than Grant i don't think it's going to be by much.

BTW and not saying he isn't. But when you watch him run he doesn't seem like he's moving that fast. But yet, no one can catch him.
Grant has zero NFL speed as a reciever because his hands negate any threat his legs pose as a receiver. No need to double team a guy that cant catch.

I won’t leave you hanging here. Everyone compares him to tyreek hill which is just inaccurate to me. So when you watch waddle, you’re kinda left like “wtf” bc he doesn’t move like that. He’s still very fast however
I disagree...there is a play on his highlight, its vs Auburn. He catches a crossing pattern and turns upheld, and accelerates at a ridiculous rate. Only a few WRs in the NFL could do that.

I'm posting his highlights that game. He's crazy good.

Back
Top Bottom