How many loses will we have? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many loses will we have?

Originally posted by dusty_hog
Bear with me here, but I am going to compare the head coach to the President. Both are in charge, but they both have people below them; a cabinet for the President, and an OC, DC, STC, etc. for the coach. The other coaches may make decisions, but when it all comes down to it, the guy in charge makes the final decision about what goes on in his country or team. And right now, due to their poor judgment, it looks like both Wanny and Bush are on the path to unemployment in 2004.

Why is Wanny so bad? How can you give a guy this much talent and have the team miss the playoffs?

That's why he's on the hot seat. No one is debating that. No matter what happens, the coach is ultimately responsible.

But again, you are saying that this team's failures are the result of coaching. I'm sorry, but this team did not execute. If they did, we'd have won a Super Bowl.

Everybody deserves blame here. Coaches, players....everybody. They all made mistakes.

I can name you every weakness on the TEAM, as in players.

Well, go on then......

Re: Re: Re: How many loses will we have?

Originally posted by Emskirch

I am not a homer, heck look at my signature. Facts are facts, but to blame one man is nuts.... the team does need to be accountable. Wasn't this the same team (or almost the same team) that got b*tch slapped by Jax 62-7? And that great head coach was a proven winner in Jimmy Johnson.

I can name you every weakness on the TEAM, as in players.

Exactly. Jimmy was known as a great coach, evaluator, and motivator. Look where that got us. Did Jimmy just forget how to coach?? Did he lose all the skills he had at Oklahoma St, UM, Dallas, etc??

He gave it hell. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Sure Dusty not a problem, right after you answer my previous question that I asked you...

What is the Wanny's responsibilities?

Originally posted by Cecil Collins
really, I mean I don't think we are a favorite in any stretch of the imagination. Our O-line stinks, are WR's are average at best, and our defense isn't any younger.

Don't get me wrong, we have some players any team would LOVE to have. RW, Jason taylor, Zach Thomas.

I hate to bring up the December swoon, have you seen our last 4 games? Brutal! I read all the upbeat posts on here. I just wonder if they have there heads in the clouds. I mean, we had the best running game in the league last year and a great defense, and we still couldn't make the playoffs. meanwhile, the Pats, Bills are stocking up on some playmakers. What did we bring in? Juinor, who is past his prime by a couple of years, and Knight, who is slower than molasses in wintertime.

I am sorry, I am not impressed. Then to top it off, we have the WORST coach in the league.

I am sorry, I just had to vent.:cry:

If anyone cares to check IP's, I'd be willing to bet this person shares one with JuniorSeau55.Same MO...posts which even the worst darksider wouldn't put on the board. Look like posers to me.

Let's disect his post

Originally posted by Cecil Collins
really, I mean I don't think we are a favorite in any stretch of the imagination. Our O-line stinks, are WR's are average at best, and our defense isn't any younger.

I am sorry, I just had to vent.:cry:

Wr's average at best.... That remains to be seen but if you base their past performances , he really isn't way off. Chambers had great potential but has been called out by Wanny to step up recently.Thompson again had great potential when he was w/ his former team. Mcknight, some finfans say his sure handedness is suspect. Like I said his points are valid but to say "at best" that remains to be seen. One things for sure, none of them are considerd elite but could potentially be one.

Don't get me wrong, we have some players any team would LOVE to have. RW, Jason taylor, Zach Thomas.

No argument here.

hate to bring up the December swoon, have you seen our last 4 games? Brutal! I read all the upbeat posts on here. I just wonder if they have there heads in the clouds. I mean, we had the best running game in the league last year and a great defense, and we still couldn't make the playoffs. meanwhile, the Pats, Bills are stocking up on some playmakers. What did we bring in? Juinor, who is past his prime by a couple of years, and Knight, who is slower than molasses in wintertime.

december is a given. Until the fins can prove it's a myth he isn't wrong here. Pats & bills again ,remains to be seen but "if" both teams prove to have improved, there is a basis for concern for finfans.

Seau and Knight, although it's preseason they haven't shown anything to show that their former teams were wrong in letting them go. Knight is slow but is a playmaker. Until he does anything as a fin, CC's sentiments are valid. He is slow. Seau, definite;ly lost a step but he is a warrior.

am sorry, I am not impressed. Then to top it off, we have the WORST coach in the league.
That's a too harsh but you can't blame him either. His decision making has cost the most talented team in the AFC a playoff birth. With that being said, his decision in picking Lucas as a back-up and sticking to him til' Fiedler came back. People blame Lucas . Why not blame Wanny.

Some finfans blame Lucas for the second game against buffalo and when Fiedler came in and did nothing, they say he wasn't ready. Well that's a coaches decision as well. The breakdown against the Pats was a coaches call again.

To see Wanny yelling w/ Turner after that last play makes you wonder, who was right and who was wrong? Turners offense made Fiedler and this offense look like the most balanced unit in the entire league prior to Fiedler's injury.

Wanny D couldn't play away games. That's his expertise.

If CC is guilty of anything, it's jumping the gun and being harsh w/ Wanny. Otherwise , he has valid points.

Re: Re: How many loses will we have?

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

If anyone cares to check IP's, I'd be willing to bet this person shares one with JuniorSeau55.Same MO...posts which even the worst darksider wouldn't put on the board. Look like posers to me.

PhinPhan, go ahead and check my IP address. I have nothing to hide. I have never posted on thisboard before yesterday( I have been lurking for almost 6 months now)

I am not a Bills, Patriots or Jet fan. or any other fan of anyother team. Maybe I will change my name to williamsrules! and say we are going undefeated and winning the superbowl this year AND next. Does that make all the doubters happy. I refuse to follow everyone like a blind sheep. I have my opinions just like everyone else.

Originally posted by $UpErBoWlCh@Mp

loseing to the giants andd maby the colts and titans we definetly wont lose to the giants and defently not to the colts but maby the titans

I disagree. If they line Shockey up the right way he could rip us apart (remember Gonzalez?).

I have been coming to these posts for almost a year now, and I never even thought of posting anything, but I decided to come off of the sidelines and post my opinion, because this thread has driven me over the edge.

I'm sick and tired of you all whining and complaining to each other about this team.

You may not know it, and you may not believe it from what I say, but I'm one of the biggest supporters of this team there is, much more than any of you I believe, even considering I'm 1,500 miles from Miami.

Saying this, I totally and completely agree with the first post in this thread: This team is not going to Houston in early 2004.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the players for this. Let there be no doubt, there is no other team with more talent on defense, and no better running back in the league. This team not reaching the playoffs last year was not the fault of the players.

It was the coach.

I'm in total agreement with the first post on this too; we have the worst coach in all of football, and I'm glad that he will be fired after this year. You can mark my words, Wanny is bye-bye after this year.

And in regards to our December schedule this year: Even if we do not fall of the table like last year, we still have a heck of a schedule to deal with in the final 5 weeks of the year. Is it an NFL conspiracy against us to fail in the final few weeks? I seriously doubt it; it's called the schedule, you get one of them, and you can't change it, so deal with it.

In conclusion, to all you Bills fans that come on this post that I see and post bad comments about the Dolphins. I just have one thing to say to all you Bills fans: I'd rather not go to the Super Bowl for 20 years than go to the biggest game, be the best team (well that may be an overstatement) in the AFC for FOUR CONSECUTIVE YEARS.......and have the chance to win it all for FOUR STRAIGHT YEARS.....and LOSE each game FOUR YEARS IN A ROW.

Ban me, block me, it doesn't matter.
You don't know when I might show up again to give you a little dose of THE TRUTH.

The truth? Can I dive deep into your crystal ball? ;).

Why do you think Wanny is the worst coach in the league?

Just leave it alone. Cecil Collins isn't hurting anybody (that sounds funny). He's not being an azz. He's not being rude.

Attack the post.....not the poster.

Originally posted by justafan

I agee :D.

Understand one thing, no one says anything bad about the fins on this board. Be it realistic or not. They only want to hear/read that the fins are going undefeated. Must be those glasses they wear. There are no weaknesses as far as most finfnas here are concerned.

Thats just an ignorant post man.

You guys think you're going to the SB because 3 writers and Spikes says so. I go to billszone once every couple days maybe so I do see it. If I had to judge the realism overall on most boards it would go Jets, Fins, Buffalo.

Originally posted by justafan
Let's disect his post

Wr's average at best.... That remains to be seen but if you base their past performances , he really isn't way off. Chambers had great potential but has been called out by Wanny to step up recently.Thompson again had great potential when he was w/ his former team. Mcknight, some finfans say his sure handedness is suspect. Like I said his points are valid but to say "at best" that remains to be seen. One things for sure, none of them are considerd elite but could potentially be one.

No argument here.

december is a given. Until the fins can prove it's a myth he isn't wrong here. Pats & bills again ,remains to be seen but "if" both teams prove to have improved, there is a basis for concern for finfans.

Seau and Knight, although it's preseason they haven't shown anything to show that their former teams were wrong in letting them go. Knight is slow but is a playmaker. Until he does anything as a fin, CC's sentiments are valid. He is slow. Seau, definite;ly lost a step but he is a warrior.

That's a too harsh but you can't blame him either. His decision making has cost the most talented team in the AFC a playoff birth. With that being said, his decision in picking Lucas as a back-up and sticking to him til' Fiedler came back. People blame Lucas . Why not blame Wanny.

Some finfans blame Lucas for the second game against buffalo and when Fiedler came in and did nothing, they say he wasn't ready. Well that's a coaches decision as well. The breakdown against the Pats was a coaches call again.

To see Wanny yelling w/ Turner after that last play makes you wonder, who was right and who was wrong? Turners offense made Fiedler and this offense look like the most balanced unit in the entire league prior to Fiedler's injury.

Wanny D couldn't play away games. That's his expertise.

If CC is guilty of anything, it's jumping the gun and being harsh w/ Wanny. Otherwise , he has valid points.

I think all your points are valid. And I didn't slam anything but Wanny. This team can be excellent, or this team can be the team from last year. There is no December Swoon. Winning on the road ALL season long last year was the problem. Simple as that.

When your 2-6 on the road, that doesn't qualify as a December Swoon. They were 2-2 in December.

thats was the past this isthe future and dont forget if we dident have wany we wouldent have ricky, seau, rogers, knight, brian, thompson, or McMichael

Yeah, great, he brought in all these guys (not that the ownership or anyone else had anything to do with it), but what has he done with them?

What do you mean? McM was a great pickup and probably would have been a top TE if Fielder was healthy all year. Seau, Knight, Thompson, Brian, how can you even comment? The reg season hasn't even started. To say "what has he done with them" just doesn't make sense. Unless I mis-understood what you wrote.

Re: Re: Re: How many loses will we have?

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

Thats just an ignorant post man.

You guys think you're going to the SB because 3 writers and Spikes says so. I go to billszone once every couple days maybe so I do see it. If I had to judge the realism overall on most boards it would go Jets, Fins, Buffalo.

Can you post a link where I said the bills are going to the sb? What were you saying about ignorance? :lol: Thank the heavens you're not judging anything. You Keep shooting yourself in the foot.

Why don't you post @bz if you seem to know it all? How about posting a link from the bz where posters there pick the bills to go to the sb.

I should have said this earlier......please refrain from political talk on the main board.

Thanks

FYI - DD, you can find your post in the Political forum. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom