How many loses will we have? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many loses will we have?

Originally posted by $UpErBoWlCh@Mp
players play better with better coaches

Great one-liner!

Let's examine that statement.

If it were true that players play better with better coaches, and that our coaches are horrible, then it must also be true that our players played horribly, or at the very least worse than they did under other coaching.

Right?

How do you then explain Jamie Nails having a career year after coming to Miami?

Or Ricky Williams having his best year, by far, after coming to Miami?

What Muck said was correct:

"Players play. Coaches coach. The coaches deserve criticism for their errors. And the players deserve their share for not executing. And THAT is the truth."

Originally posted by Muck
Dude, GREAT avatar. :up:

thanks, it's from a new game coming out on EA Sports called NFL Street - which will be a 7 on 7 street football game where the players play both ways.

Sounds pretty cool

Originally posted by Cecil Collins
really, I mean I don't think we are a favorite in any stretch of the imagination. Our O-line stinks, are WR's are average at best, and our defense isn't any younger.

Don't get me wrong, we have some players any team would LOVE to have. RW, Jason taylor, Zach Thomas.

I hate to bring up the December swoon, have you seen our last 4 games? Brutal! I read all the upbeat posts on here. I just wonder if they have there heads in the clouds. I mean, we had the best running game in the league last year and a great defense, and we still couldn't make the playoffs. meanwhile, the Pats, Bills are stocking up on some playmakers. What did we bring in? Juinor, who is past his prime by a couple of years, and Knight, who is slower than molasses in wintertime.

I am sorry, I am not impressed. Then to top it off, we have the WORST coach in the league.

I am sorry, I just had to vent.:cry:

Sounds like you need to root for a different team.... hrmmm, who you trying to kid? :lol:

yeah i dont disagree. are coaches are good. norv turner help ricky with his running game and wanstadt help him with his off the field troubles he had. we have good coaches we have good players. but im right ricky played better becouse he had better coaches that actualy help him with his problems then looked wut happend he playes better.it may not happend ll the time but im still not wrong.

Some of you people just don't get it. Wanny is a terrible, terrible coach. Trust me on this. Ricky having a 'career' year last year? That's what happens when he stays healthy and gets over 350 carries. He also wanted to prove everyone wrong that doubted him, he said it himself. He wanted to show everyone Ditka was right in trading everything and the kitchen sink for him. I noticed that you pointed out offensive guys in that post; could that be the work of Norv Turner, the offensive coordinator? Wanny's track record before he came here wasn't great might I remind you. Oh, wait, he did win those 2 Super Bowls...as a defensive coordinator, not a head coach. And then there were those great years as the Bears head coach, where he went to that 1 playoff game, then getting fired after being 4-12. I hope I'm wrong, but I along with many other people that have expertise in this business believe this team will NEVER will a Super Bowl when he is the coach.

Originally posted by dusty_hog
IBan me, block me, it doesn't matter.
You don't know when I might show up again to give you a little dose of THE TRUTH.

You don't have to wait to vent, your welcome to vent at anytime

:D

Some of you people just don't get it. Wanny is a terrible, terrible coach. Trust me on this. Ricky having a 'career' year last year? That's what happens when he stays healthy and gets over 350 carries. He also wanted to prove everyone wrong that doubted him, he said it himself. He wanted to show everyone Ditka was right in trading everything and the kitchen sink for him. I noticed that you pointed out offensive guys in that post; could that be the work of Norv Turner, the offensive coordinator? Wanny's track record before he came here wasn't great might I remind you. Oh, wait, he did win those 2 Super Bowls...as a defensive coordinator, not a head coach. And then there were those great years as the Bears head coach, where he went to that 1 playoff game, then getting fired after being 4-12. I hope I'm wrong, but I along with many other people that have expertise in this business believe this team will NEVER will a Super Bowl when he is the coach.

Dusty I have one question....

What is the Wanny's responsibilities?

Understand that I am no Wanny fan. But what besides motivation does Wanny bring to the table (Mind you motivating a bunch of millionares isn't easy)

I would like to hear your reply.

thats was the past this isthe future and dont forget if we dident have wany we wouldent have ricky, seau, rogers, knight, brian, thompson, or McMichael

So, Wannstedt is responsible for every player that performs poorly but when they get in great shape (Williams & Nails) and have career years that has NOTHING to do with Wannstedt.

For that matter the decision to bring them here should not be credited to Wannstedt either?

Or how about the players that have continued to thrive or improve, under Wannstedt - Surtain, Zach, JT, Ogun?

Why haven't these players gotten worse under such horrible coaching?

Originally posted by Cecil Collins
really, I mean I don't think we are a favorite in any stretch of the imagination. Our O-line stinks, are WR's are average at best, and our defense isn't any younger.

Don't get me wrong, we have some players any team would LOVE to have. RW, Jason taylor, Zach Thomas.

I hate to bring up the December swoon, have you seen our last 4 games? Brutal! I read all the upbeat posts on here. I just wonder if they have there heads in the clouds. I mean, we had the best running game in the league last year and a great defense, and we still couldn't make the playoffs. meanwhile, the Pats, Bills are stocking up on some playmakers. What did we bring in? Juinor, who is past his prime by a couple of years, and Knight, who is slower than molasses in wintertime.

I am sorry, I am not impressed. Then to top it off, we have the WORST coach in the league.

I am sorry, I just had to vent.:cry:

I agee :D.

Understand one thing, no one says anything bad about the fins on this board. Be it realistic or not. They only want to hear/read that the fins are going undefeated. Must be those glasses they wear. There are no weaknesses as far as most finfnas here are concerned.

Bear with me here, but I am going to compare the head coach to the President. Both are in charge, but they both have people below them; a cabinet for the President, and an OC, DC, STC, etc. for the coach. The other coaches may make decisions, but when it all comes down to it, the guy in charge makes the final decision about what goes on in his country or team. And right now, due to their poor judgment, it looks like both Wanny and Bush are on the path to unemployment in 2004.

Why is Wanny so bad? How can you give a guy this much talent and have the team miss the playoffs?

And alot of experts think Dave Wannstedt is a good coach. I cannot trust you on anything. I don't know you. And even if I did, I still wouldn't subscribe to that theory. Especially when you're laying all the blame on one person (doesn't matter who it is).

You're trying to make this sound like 1,853 yards wasn't anything special. Like it's the norm. Like Ricky would have gotten that in New Orleans had he stayed healthy. Like Dave just happened upon it. It goes much deeper than that. It started by getting OUT of New Orleans. It started by Ricky getting in better shape and losing 20 lbs. It started by getting his head together. It started by getting into a situation where the head coach wanted to help him and was receptive to him. There's a reason why Ricky said that, "no matter how good a player you can be in New Orleans, you can be twice as good in Miami".

And how about Bill Belichick?? He won two titles....as a defensive coordinator, not a head coach. And then there were those great years in Cleveland, where he won one playoff game and was fired after being 5-11.

Sound familiar??

Dave may never win a Super Bowl for us. The odds are long for us.....and every other team in the league. The odds of not winning a Super Bowl greatly outnumber the odds of winning one. A lot has to go right. But I think you are way off base in a lot of your criticisms of Dave.

thats was the past this isthe future and dont forget if we dident have wany we wouldent have ricky, seau, rogers, knight, brian, thompson, or McMichael

Yeah, great, he brought in all these guys (not that the ownership or anyone else had anything to do with it), but what has he done with them?

Re: Re: How many loses will we have?

Originally posted by justafan

I agee :D.

Understand one thing, no one says anything bad about the fins on this board. Be it realistic or not. They only want to hear/read that the fins are going undefeated. Must be those glasses they wear. There are no weaknesses as far as most finfnas here are concerned.

I am not a homer, heck look at my signature. Facts are facts, but to blame one man is nuts.... the team does need to be accountable. Wasn't this the same team (or almost the same team) that got b*tch slapped by Jax 62-7? And that great head coach was a proven winner in Jimmy Johnson.

I can name you every weakness on the TEAM, as in players.

Back
Top Bottom