How many loses will we have? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many loses will we have?

I believe Miami will go 4-2 in the division atleast.. Splitting with Patriots and Bills and sweeping the Jets.. The other 10 games, I see us possibly losing to the Giants, Eagles, maybe the Colts?? or Titans..

I do not see us losing to the Colts or Titans because we have their number.. McNair and Eddie George have struggled to beat our core defense in the past and nothing has changed as well as the Colts with Manning dating back to our sweep of the Colts when we had Lamar Smith.. So this leaves us at Miami finishing 12-4... But I know there will be 1 or 2 more losses coming out of nowhere to bite us unless Miami focuses on every week.. Who would of thought Miami was going to lose to the Vikings?? or Bills?? No one did nor should anyone have thought so since our team was much superior to both last year.. I'll go for a 11-5 or 10-6 Miami season but they could very well go 12-4 or 9-7.. All of this comes down to luck.. Will we be lucky enough to not be in the path of the injury bug?? So far, we have.. Hopefully, it's far behind us..

Originally posted by Prime Time
I say 12-4.... :D

Thats not out of realm of possibility.. I mean, look at our schedule.. Split with Bills and Patriots and sweeping the Jets is a highly likely scenario.. That would give us 4 wins within the division.. Then we have games against the Chargers, Ravens, Dallas, Redskins, Eagles, Giants, Colts, Titans, Texans and Jaguars..

Eagles, Giants, Titans and Colts are the toughest competition.. I believe we will lose to the Giants and Eagles because those are teams we are not familiar with and they are darn good teams.. Titans and Colts on the other hand we've played a good amount of times and have been on the winning end of the matchups..
Chargers defense is atrocious and our defense could contain LT like Miami did last year.. Ravens could be a sleeper because of their solid defense.. Dallas has arguably the worst offense in NFL.. Redskins are an interesting team but Miami should definetely have them taken care of..

If Miami beats the teams that they should, you could say hello to homefield advantage.. But with this team, you just never know.. It's all mental with Miami and you dont know when this team will flounder off to oblivion.. Get their heads on straight for an entire season.. and this year could be something special..

6 LOSSES meaning an 10-6 season giving us the 3rd or 4th seed in the AFC, our division is too tough to get more, though I would love to be proven wrong.

Also I think we need to stop the homerism about our winning a SB 30 freaking years ago, since 84 when I first got a dish down in the Cayman's and fell for the Dolphins we haven't done ****e in the post season, we haven't even sniffed a freaking SB victory, man we let the freaking Pats beat us in the OB in 85, they have been to 3 SBs and won one since then, the Bills went to 4 straight, and yes they lost them but shoulda won in 1991, we went to the playoffs 5 years straight and got our butts handed to us. The ****ing Chargers and Bengals have been to a SB more recently than us. So lets all quieten down the SB past and cheer our fins to a SB in San Diego and then we give the Jills and Patsies etc all the ****e we want to.

I think you're initial post is absurdly pessimistic and unrealistic.

However, b/c we are in such a tough division, I think we will go 10-6 and win the division or tie for first, but we will not get a bye - which means by by Dave.

That's not at all my hope. Were we in a different division, any of the other 3, I'd see us at 12-4 or 11-5. It is a shame that our division is so tough and that there are such extremes in the weather (Buffalo/NE vs Miami). You put us in the South division in the AFC and we are winning the division hands down, imo.

Originally posted by DallasDolfan
CW......were you not predicting Miami at 11-5 a week ago. Correct me if I am wrong.

Also, this Cecil Collins is smoking the same $hit the original CC was smoking and look where he ended up. It appears the 2 Cecil Collins share the brain cell in question!!

a month ago...but I've changed my mind...I also had the Pats at 8-8 then too..I now have them winning the division

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

a month ago...but I've changed my mind...I also had the Pats at 8-8 then too..I now have them winning the division

So does this mean you think the Bills will lose to them on opening day? And where do you see the Bills record ending up as?

All Miami has is McMichael in the passing game.. Josh Reed better than Chambers, I guess? :lol:

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

So does this mean you think the Bills will lose to them on opening day? And where do you see the Bills record ending up as?

yes md, i think the Pats will sweep us, but I believe we will end up as a wildcard, at 10-6

I see us going 7-1 to 8-0 at home. And splitting 4-4 on the road. Eagles are toast once they get here in the late season. Their offense will cook and their strong point is not stopping the running game.

Originally posted by Peanut
All Miami has is McMichael in the passing game.. Josh Reed better than Chambers, I guess? :lol:

hard to tell, chambers is vastly overrated, and reed is getting his first chance at starting...Reed is tougher, that's for sure, although Chambers might have more god-given talent

Our O-line is not that bad with jamie and smith, dixon back, and ruddy playing well. (did pretty good last year) our receivers are better than average once chambers and thomson are playing to full potential and we have depth in our defense so... i guess thats why your not on our team... cecil

Originally posted by dolphinsrok
Our O-line is not that bad with jamie and smith, dixon back, and ruddy playing well. (did pretty good last year) our receivers are better than average once chambers and thomson are playing to full potential and we have depth in our defense so... i guess thats why your not on our team... cecil
Cecil's not on the team because he doesnt know how to use doors:lol:

Chambers, Thompson, and McKnight are better than Reed. Moulds is better than all of them. We have more WR depth, but you have the superstar.

Back
Top Bottom