How Many More Wins on the Schedule? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Many More Wins on the Schedule?

I hope not a single one. Sorry if this offends you guys; I love the Fins, but right now we are not going to the playoffs and if we magically did, we would just lose in the first round. We need to draft some studs and getting picks helps (I know, Tannenbaum picking, yadda, yadda, yadda). We should have never spent on Cutler and just went all in for next season.

Hard to say, I could see us winless for the rest of the season.

It doesn't look good right now. With the way we've been playing, I'd say 2 or 3 more wins. I can see Buffalo and the Patriots sweeping us this year and a loss to KC. But you never know. Things can change quickly. Maybe Larsen comes in a stabilizes the O-line which could make a world of difference for our O.

So, even though it doesn't look good, I'm not giving up on a WC spot yet. Especially when the teams we are competing with for one of those spots aren't very good either.

We aren't beating Carolina, Bills and Pats will both sweep us, we'll also lose to the Chiefs and I think Denver beats us as well. We'll probably beat Tampa Bay, so that's 5-11. Hopefully that get Tannenbum fired.

3 its getting cold and we do not play as well, plus we have New England and Buffalo late plus Carolina in prime time. We must steal 2 of these games to break 500. Not looking good and a good power running game in the cold helps which we lost.

7-9 We will split with Buffalo. Beat KC with a upset and beat Tampa Bay.

Panthers are beatable if we play our best complimentary football. Cam Newton’s last three or four games have been fairly lacklustre as a passer, what’s saved them is his running ability, their running backs, and their elite defense. If we can restrict their offense which other teams have done this season, and our offense can take its chances, then this game is winnable. I think we’ll upset the Panthers.

Buccaneers are tough to project with Fitzpatrick. His addition might do nothing to help their offensive struggles, or it might give them a boost like it did against the Cardinals. Personally I think our defense should be able to restrict them, and our offense should be able to score on that defense. I think we “win” this game.

Broncos have a really good defense despite the fact they just gave up 50 plus points to the Eagles. I think their defense will make it very tough for us, it offensively they aren’t anything to fear because of their quarterback situation. This one will need our offense to take its chances and defense to make sure their offense continues to struggle. Unfortunately I think we will probably lose this game because their defense will turn up.

Chiefs are dangerous if their offense fires, if that can be restricted, teams can score on their defense. It’s a tough game, but I see another loss here.

2-2 outside of the divisional games takes us to 6-6.

As for the divisional games, both the Bills and Patriots are beatable this season. The Bills have lost to the Bengals and Jets either side of a victory against the Raiders. They are a good team but not invincible. Same goes for the Patriots, they have pulled out wins against teams that had chances to beat them. So likewise they aren’t invincible. With that said, I think we’ll probably split or have a losing record against our divisional opponents over these four games.

So if we go .500 in the divisional games it’s 8-8, if we only win one then it’s 7-9. I’d like to predict a better finish to the season but I just don’t see it unless Drake can do an Ajayi and breakout, Cutler can mirror Tannehill and have a big run of games, and our defense plays to a borderline elite level. If they can do all of that we can certainly boost the win count but how likely those things are to happen is debatable.

One aspect that has not yet been mentioned is that the threat of #17 running, allowing Ajayi space last year. That threat doesn't exist this year, putting more pressure on the OL, 9 man boxes, more 3 and outs, and subsequently more pressure on the D. So, much as I love the Fish, a lose out is possible, maybe (sacrilege) even preferable...

I love how everyone writes off the Bucs and Broncos as definite wins...I obviously think we can win any of the remaining games but lets not just say because X player is out for their team that we will win...not a shot...every game will be tough I can guarantee that....also a lot depends on how quickly TJ and Ted can play at a starters level, the injury to Juwan James, and Kiko covering TEs/RBs better than he showed against Oakland (awful)..and can the O line create holes and give Cutler time?

I love how everyone writes off the Bucs and Broncos as definite wins...I obviously think we can win any of the remaining games but lets not just say because X player is out for their team that we will win...not a shot...every game will be tough I can guarantee that....also a lot depends on how quickly TJ and Ted can play at a starters level, the injury to Juwan James, and Kiko covering TEs/RBs better than he showed against Oakland (awful)..and can the O line create holes and give Cutler time?
And one thing about this Miami Franchise is that they play to the level of the opponent, generally. So if people think Bucs and Broncos are poor teams, we'll play to a poor level, and hopefully eke out a win!

And one thing about this Miami Franchise is that they play to the level of the opponent, generally. So if people think Bucs and Broncos are poor teams, we'll play to a poor level, and hopefully eke out a win!

^^^^THIS^^^^

I love this team to death, but I hope we win 1 more max. Need to add some quality talent through the draft and maybe wake up Ross into getting rid of some of our talent evaluators. #tannebaum

Back
Top Bottom