How many open spots do we really have for the final 53? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many open spots do we really have for the final 53?

I think Myles Gaskin will make the team. However Myles Gaskins --- that dude is a goner.

FWIW, the NFL really needed to increase roster sizes by a player or two. I know they increased active game day rosters and are adding a couple practice squad players, but they really need to increase the amount of players teams can keep under contract and available to them.

One more game added to the regular season and more playoff games over the years means more injuries.

Sometimes these guys get hammered with injuries at one position and it can happen in one game.

Last edited:
I think it's either Hollins or Fejedelem. I don't see them keeping both now as ST aces.

That is one way to interpret things. It's far from the only way though.

He does play every line posistion, and would be cheap depth. Cheaper than say Davis.

There is also a new O-line coach, so who knows what he may see. There are numerous examples of very solid linemen around the league who took a couple years to put it all together.

Not advocating anything, just saying there are possibilities.
I guess it’s possible that he’s a late bloomer. That’s really the only hole. But he’s not exactly young, 26 when the season starts. And he doesn’t play every line position. He’s only played LG and C. Also, the line coach is not new. He was here last year, albeit with a different title.

I think Duke Riley is a LOT safer than Beigel. He's a WSLB who's best game is pass coverage. To me, he looks like Baker's direct back up.
Beigel is far more valuable to the cause if healthy coming off the injury.

We only have three true edge defenders on the entire roster and he is one of them.

Beigel is far more valuable to the cause if healthy coming off the injury.

We only have three true edge defenders on the entire roster and he is one of them.
His NFL career started in 2017. Do you know how many career sacks that he has?

Career tackles?

38 solo, 38 assists

I'm really not sure where the FH love for Vince started, but it isn't based upon any actual production that Beigel has ever provided... and then he had a MAJOR injury.

If he were to make the team, and then provide more than waiver-wire level play, it would be the first time.

His NFL career started in 2017. Do you know how many career sacks that he has?

Career tackles?

38 solo, 38 assists

I'm really not sure where the FH love for Vince started, but it isn't based upon any actual production that Beigel has ever provided... and then he had a MAJOR injury.

If he were to make the team, and then provide more than waiver-wire level play, it would be the first time.
You must have missed all the quality film on him on the edge from 2019.

He really developed there with more opportunity similarly to AVG last season.

He was going to start last year prior to the Achilles. So the injury certainly is the wildcard here.

But if healthy he is a lock to make the Squad because his position is a premium as our current roster stands.

You must have missed all the quality film on him on the edge from 2019.

He really developed there with more opportunity similarly to AVG last season.

He was going to start last year prior to the Achilles. So the injury certainly is the wildcard here.

But if healthy he is a lock to make the Squad because his position is a premium as our current roster stands.
Quality film?

He had 2.5 sacks... that's jag level production.

Now he's coming off the most devastating injury that a speed player can have, Achilles rupture.

You are getting caught up in local media hype.

can't reveal the source but a good poster here got word of it
Fair enough...

Like I said, it wouldn't surprise me; I've got Smythe as making the team only if someone gets injured. I think Carter is a much safer bet... we gave him guaranteed money and he can play the H back role where Smythe is mostly a blocking TE.

Fair enough...

Like I said, it wouldn't surprise me; I've got Smythe as making the team only if someone gets injured. I think Carter is a much safer bet... we gave him guaranteed money and he can play the H back role where Smythe is mostly a blocking TE.
yeah that's why I put Carter on the 53.......he'll line up at TE/HB/FB and probably play ST's

Back
Top Bottom