How much of a "once in a lifetime opportunity" would you qualify the Fins making it to the SB this year? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much of a "once in a lifetime opportunity" would you qualify the Fins making it to the SB this year?

Simply asking because Im pondering dropping the dough on the trip if they were to make it. Im not rich, it would make a serious dent in the wallet... But if its once in a lifetime bucket list type ****, do you consider it?
I think we can look back at Dan and have the answer. There we were with the best QB that ever walked and in 17 years, we only got one shot. To me, the question is, if you have the financial wherewithal and availability to be able to go after all these years and don't, will you be able to live with yourself?

If you think the Dolphins are going to win the SB then use half the money you would spend on a bet. Enjoy the game where you can actually see the plays on TV without interruption and reap the rewards after.

Unless you have plenty of money the amount you would spend on travel, lodging and the game experience is money you are taking from your family's future... no way I can justify that. If the Dolphins lose, I'm not sure how you might feel after reflecting on the money spent to enjoy the experience of being there.... hell, you may spend the next 10 yrs. paying back the once in a lifetime experience....

but if you lost half that amount by betting at least you can be glad you didn't spend twice as much....

That much money is hard to replace. If you don't have a family depending on you then fock it.... go for broke lol. Otherwise, you're just robbing your family for self-satisfaction.
I think you have it half right, if it looks like the Dolphins make the playoffs is when you start to bet. Turns those wins into your cash for the game.

I'm in Austin, Texas from Feb 9th until the morning of the 12th. If the Dolphins make the Super Bowl 🙏, I will be flying from Austin to Arizona on the morning of the 12th and attending the game.

@NBP81 meet me down there! 🏈

Simply asking because Im pondering dropping the dough on the trip if they were to make it. Im not rich, it would make a serious dent in the wallet... But if its once in a lifetime bucket list type ****, do you consider it?
Just ask Marino, its a once in a lifetime opportunity. If I could afford it, I would go in a second.

I probably would be more likely to go next year in Vegas tbh.
Now that's going to be ridiculously expensive. The regular season game prices are unbelievably high. My brother and I go to Vegas every year for Super Bowl but looking at different options for next year anticipating the Hotel prices are going to be astronimical

If you think the Dolphins are going to win the SB then use half the money you would spend on a bet. Enjoy the game where you can actually see the plays on TV without interruption and reap the rewards after.

Unless you have plenty of money the amount you would spend on travel, lodging and the game experience is money you are taking from your family's future... no way I can justify that. If the Dolphins lose, I'm not sure how you might feel after reflecting on the money spent to enjoy the experience of being there.... hell, you may spend the next 10 yrs. paying back the once in a lifetime experience....

but if you lost half that amount by betting at least you can be glad you didn't spend twice as much....

That much money is hard to replace. If you don't have a family depending on you then fock it.... go for broke lol. Otherwise, you're just robbing your family for self-satisfaction.

Maybe I have a family depending on me, but maybe its a small price to pay for everything I do for them? Ever think of that?

I work graveyard shifts, then come home and watch my 2 yr old son every day while my wife works...barely get any sleep, working 2 jobs essentially...I am saving money every month (excess 1K or so) because we live in Hawaii and entertainment is virtually FREE....

The sacrifice of us living a bit more modestly for about a year? Just buying less ****? Eating out less? Short-term sacrifice on our investing? It isn't much cost. I could have that money "replaced" in < 1 year.

You're never guaranteed to wake up tomorrow. Just so you know.

And as I said, if we won, my entire cost of the trip would be FREE. I bet $250 to win $10,000. I don't think you understand the bet based on what you suggested. My bet pays 40:1.

A buddy of mine and I always said ifwe get there we’re going no excuses.
Not really worried about the plane tickets or the expenses other than the game ticket. I just think at 10 to 12 grand for a half ass seat don’t think I’d be happy

I’ve been contemplating going too. Yes it will be a lot of money. I’m just not sure if I’d rather watch it alone at home. I would want to enjoy the game itself and not so much the atmosphere. I’m still on the fence
I feel the exact same way. For me the difference is that you are paying big bucks for the unknown. I might seriously consider it if I knew we were going to win but spending that much coin to watch that much pain would be like paying 10k to watch someone put down my favorite old dog.
If we lose and I am at home alone I might have to replace another remote or two, a TV screen and a few glasses, but if I go to the game and we lose there is a 100% chance I will be needing bail $. It's much cheaper to stay at home.

There's no way in hell I drop cash for a superbowl unless I knowi miami has already made it.

If they make the SB I’ll get there if at all possible and my fallback plan will be to watch it in Vegas at Circa and that giant outdoor/ poolside screen.

I feel the exact same way. For me the difference is that you are paying big bucks for the unknown. I might seriously consider it if I knew we were going to win but spending that much coin to watch that much pain would be like paying 10k to watch someone put down my favorite old dog.
If we lose and I am at home alone I might have to replace another remote or two, a TV screen and a few glasses, but if I go to the game and we lose there is a 100% chance I will be needing bail $. It's much cheaper to stay at home.
Yes paying close to 10k and losing would be worse case scenario

A buddy of mine and I always said ifwe get there we’re going no excuses.
Not really worried about the plane tickets or the expenses other than the game ticket. I just think at 10 to 12 grand for a half ass seat don’t think I’d be happy
That’s another thing. A bad seat is going to be 5k minimum.

Nope. The cost is crazy. Rather sit at home with a fridge full of beer, snacks and the TV on.
Right. I've been to one NFL game (Fins at Eagles). My BIL gave me 3 box seat tickets and a parking pass, so we parked close to the entrance and had great seats. I invited my neighbor (Eagles fan) and his son, and he said that he's been there many times and those were the best seats he's ever had. Even though Miami won, I'll never go to another game; concession prices are ridiculous, and I have a better view of the action watching at home.

That said, you'd have to PAY ME to attend a Super Bowl! This game should be for the fans, and the majority of the tickets should be offered to season ticket holders of the competing teams at a fair price, meaning not much more than any other game. It's not right; teams and their owners want fans to support the team throughout the season, but if they make it to the Super Bowl, they forget all about their fans and cater to the elite.

Back
Top Bottom