How Norv will help Jay | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Norv will help Jay

I'm really impressed by the show of support for Fiedler on this thread. Except for one noteable exception, it appears as though most people are pretty pleased with the performance of Fiedler as a whole. Keep it up!

I want him to do well, but I don't think he will. I hope he proves me wrong and has a breakout year (sorry, 19 interceptions doesn't count as a breakout year)

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I want him to do well, but I don't think he will. I hope he proves me wrong and has a breakout year (sorry, 19 interceptions doesn't count as a breakout year)
again, you're missing the point, if Jay again has no running game, then 19 INTs may be acceptable.

we have 4 types of fiedler fans!

1. fans that want him to excell...........

2. fans that think he can do well.............

3. fans teetering in between.................

plus we have the anti-fiedler fans. some would just like to choke the livin **** out of the sucker. i hate to admit it, but i think i've been in all 4 categories. i do know he has the talent, i just don't know what he's thinking sometimes. maybe he doesn't need a coach, but a shrink might do wonders!:rolleyes:

So what # of INT's would make you happy?

... 18, 17, 16, 01 what # would make it a GOOD year for Jay Fiedler?

Oliver...

With the amount of times we threw the ball last year, he should not of had more than 12 interceptions. And don't say crap like deflections off WRs, because it happens to other QBs too. If we throw more, I will say 14. He had only 14 in 2000, but we never threw the ball that year.

Well here's the problem IMO...

With the amount of times we threw the ball last year, he should not of had more than 12 interceptions. And don't say crap like deflections off WRs, because it happens to other QBs too. If we throw more, I will say 14. He had only 14 in 2000, but we never threw the ball that year.

... other QB's were allowed to throw the ball the entire game as a rule. In the offense that Fiedler played in last year Gailey as a rule did not allow Fiedler to that until the 2nd half or when the Dolphins were coming from behind.

My point is when a QB is put into these positions they are throwing into pass coverages that are designed to stop the pass because the O is in an obvious passing situation.

Jay Fiedler basically played with a disadvantage the majority of the year last year. That disadvantage IMO was the lack of as running game and an OC that actually didn't call plays to help his passing attack out.

Personally I think all things considered 19 INT's on the season for Jay was quite an accomplishment seeing as how he only threw 4 INT's in the last 7 games of the regular season while throwing I believe 11TD's.

Oliver...

chans gone, thank the gods..........

i expect a lot from turner this year. maybe he'll let jay do his thing!:D

Re: Well here's the problem IMO...

Originally posted by Oliver
Jay Fiedler basically played with a disadvantage the majority of the year last year. That disadvantage IMO was the lack of as running game and an OC that actually didn't call plays to help his passing attack out.Oliver...
excellent points - Norv should help Jay out with better outlets to TEs and/or backs in passing situations.

and three of those INT's came against the 9ers. Just take a look at his stats from the last Patriots game. THEY won the Super Bowl, and Jay went 21 of 37 for 320 yards, with 1 TD and no INT's.

He had a QB rating of 94.4, and we STILL lost that game.

Tom Brady had 11 completions, for 108 yards, and 1 TD. He won it.

The QB position isn't the end all be all of the team. We need what Brady had, a good solid ground game, and excellent game plan for almost every game, and a little luck.

If Norv does his thing the way we all think he's going to this year, we may all be rushing out to by Fiedler jersey's by the end of the season. Let's hope that's the case.

that may be true of Norv, but if our OL plays like it did in 2001 next year, we are not gonna beat too many good teams. :(

what do ya mean!

Originally posted by dolphan39
that may be true of Norv, but if our OL plays like it did in 2001 next year, we are not gonna beat too many good teams. :(
we won't beat ANY teams if they start out like they finished!:(

Re: what do ya mean!

Originally posted by dolfan06
we won't beat ANY teams if they start out like they finished!:(
our D is good enough to clean up ag. a poor teams like the Dolts and Jills.

Back
Top Bottom