How Physical Are the Dolphins Right Now? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Physical Are the Dolphins Right Now?

How Physical Is The Dolphins Roster Right Now?

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 3 3.0%

Votes: 11 11.0%

Votes: 11 11.0%

Votes: 25 25.0%

Votes: 23 23.0%

Votes: 20 20.0%

Votes: 5 5.0%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Lots of new players on defense so no way of telling until we see them play

DC from Balt so I'm betting they will be physical but who knows at this point

On offense we'll see

:shrug:
Lets hope this new bunch of players are more physical than the dolphins TRUE nemesis.....

INJURY/IR

Lets see how many of these new guys actually make it out of training camp unscathed and then we can get a much better optical on how brutal the team will be this season.

I don’t like the fact that we play you guys next year. We’re going to lose cause we don’t do well against physical teams.

Right now? Like a 3 or 4. We're one of the least physical teams in the league and definitely way more finesse. Will that change after seeing our FA signings? Not really sure...

Yeah, I voted 4 and honestly, I think that's being favorable towards the Dolphins.

Nothing about the Dolphins is really "physical" in any conventional sense.

> The QB is small, doesn't run much and his game is mostly about timing & anticipation.
> The RBs are all about speed.
> The OTs are good zone guys but not "physical."
> The Gs are below average in general so that doesn't help. None can anchor all that well or dominate good DL.
> The new C is recognized as mobile more than anything else.
> The TEs don't have a single great blocker unless you think Julian Hill is that guy.
> The WRs (outside of Tyreek) don't even begin to approach "physical."

The offense is generally the opposite of physical. And that's true across almost every position.

You could rightly rank Miami as 2 or 3 according to the poll.

What makes Miami a quasi-physical team is that they test you quite well:

> They continuously stretch the field in both directions (laterally & vertically).
> They attack fast forcing defenders to move quickly and accelerate throughout the game.
> The speed of the RBs forces intense pursuit and tests the stamina of the DL and LB.
> The speed of the WRs forces DBs to cover more grass than they normally would.

So it's kind of hard to evaluate.

In the conventional sense, Miami isn't physical at all.

In the modern sense, the physical aspects of the Dolphins offense are unique and test opposing defenses quite a bit.

And I thought it was just because he was a "total jerk".
Hey, Ted Williams and Ty Cobb were total jerks too but a couple of the best MLB players to ever play the game. I’ll take a tough ass jerk over a pansy ass sissy any day of the week, if it makes my team better. You’re playing a sport, you don’t have to go out and socialize with athletes who are jerks.

Incognito went on to play at a high level with the Bills after leaving whereas Martin went to the 49ers, I believe played 1 season and got cut!!

I think Martin also had mental health problems after football, posting something on social media about bullying and his high school that he got in trouble for… The Dolphins should have done a better job vetting Martin during the draft process. 😂

Hey, Ted Williams and Ty Cobb were total jerks too but a couple of the best MLB players to ever play the game. I’ll take a tough ass jerk over a pansy ass sissy any day of the week, if it makes my team better. You’re playing a sport, you don’t have to go out and socialize with athletes who are jerks.

Incognito went on to play at a high level with the Bills after leaving whereas Martin went to the 49ers, I believe played 1 season and got cut!!

I think Martin also had mental health problems after football, posting something on social media about bullying and his high school that he got in trouble for… The Dolphins should have done a better job vetting Martin during the draft process. 😂
Martin was so bad and I think he blamed others for being a bust of a player.

Since I wasn't following the Dolphins when all that happened, I won't comment on his field performance.

I will comment on his locker room presence, since it was all over the national news. He had to be a locker room cancer and it was probably to the teams' advantage to drop him!

Ever since Philbin became HC, I've complained how bad Miami's o-line has been. Even with three 1st round picks on the line, they sucked. Then with Gase, it was the same thing. Looking deeper into it, I thought it was odd that the same guys who did okay under Sparano now sucked as a unit under Philbin. My conclusion was that the problem must have been Philbin's offensive philosophy, and his preference for finesse, fancy blocking schemes.

And, this same problem has continued to this day, as Flores ignored the offense and o-line, and McDaniel also wants the finesse blocking schemes. So, it is possible for good players to look bad in a bad scheme. Everyone seems to love zone-blocking, but this is why I don't want it. I'd prefer five huge maulers putting a hurting on d-lines.

Between 2019-2021, Grier spent five (5) mid-to-high draft picks to select 4 physical guards for Flores in Michael Dieter, Hunt, Solomon Kindley, then traded up for Eichenberg. That’s spending two 2nds, two 3rds, and a 4th round draft picks.

Problem is only 1 panned out and it’s not the 1 of 4 that’s still with the team.

We haven’t drafted a mid-to-high OL player the past two drafts.

I can’t blame Flores or McDaniel’s “scheme” for the OL talent accumulation.

I went 7. Mostert had some angry runs last season. Our defense should be more aggressive. I think we will have a run first mentality along the o-line. Tyreek will never play through contract again. Waddle has that dog in him. He just needs more opportunities. EZ could be that guy. Ingold and Julian Hill love contact. We have some strong guys on the roster. Fuller and Ramsey are both tough players. I’d love to see Tindall at 245lbs just getting after the QB. I think that would be best for him.

Last edited:
Yeah, I voted 4 and honestly, I think that's being favorable towards the Dolphins.

Nothing about the Dolphins is really "physical" in any conventional sense.

> The QB is small, doesn't run much and his game is mostly about timing & anticipation.
> The RBs are all about speed.
> The OTs are good zone guys but not "physical."
> The Gs are below average in general so that doesn't help. None can anchor all that well or dominate good DL.
> The new C is recognized as mobile more than anything else.
> The TEs don't have a single great blocker unless you think Julian Hill is that guy.
> The WRs (outside of Tyreek) don't even begin to approach "physical."

The offense is generally the opposite of physical. And that's true across almost every position.

You could rightly rank Miami as 2 or 3 according to the poll.

What makes Miami a quasi-physical team is that they test you quite well:

> They continuously stretch the field in both directions (laterally & vertically).
> They attack fast forcing defenders to move quickly and accelerate throughout the game.
> The speed of the RBs forces intense pursuit and tests the stamina of the DL and LB.
> The speed of the WRs forces DBs to cover more grass than they normally would.

So it's kind of hard to evaluate.

In the conventional sense, Miami isn't physical at all.

In the modern sense, the physical aspects of the Dolphins offense are unique and test opposing defenses quite a bit.
Agreed. This reply is basically why pundits say miami will overwhelm you with speed in September and October when the weather nice but when the calendar changes to November/December with the bad weather miami is slowed down and teams can actually put their hands on them and get physical since miami can no longer just zoom past defenders anymore.

I voted a 6, but felt this poll needed .5 increments....

We were 11-6 last year, had a running back with 20 TDs, was close to lead in sacks...anyone giving this team less than a 4 in physicality do they even know what they're talking about? Seriously.

Certainly we could be built stronger & more tough along the interior lines and a physical X WR or 2 would help against the better teams and in the cold weather games...anyways I gave them a 6, but i probably would've given a 5.5. ....it's the bell curve, seems many of us feel the team has some phisicality and that we need more...

Curious as to what grades we would give 9ers, Ravens, Bills....if we're being honest they'd grade several numbers higher than us.

One poster mentioned we really won't know how physical this team will be until mid-season or end of season....he's right...we'll know by then...I hope they improve to a 7 or higher by December, but that's probably wishful thinking.

Team design the way it is, we probably won't ever have that cold-weather physicality we desire as it's not very finesse...as how this regime's scheme is designed.

And can this team remain healthier than last years team....that would go a long way in competing in December, January and hopefully February...?

Would like to vote till after the draft.
Say they draft a beast center, or a hard hitting LB/DT etc...

Back
Top Bottom