How sure are we all that Ross will actually Pull the Trigger on Sparano next year!?!? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How sure are we all that Ross will actually Pull the Trigger on Sparano next year!?!?

People have short memories

I'm already reading on here about how Marshall and Dansby are all-pros, how Reggie Bush is a difference maker, how our defense is one of the best in the league, how Nolan is a candidate for a promotion

It's like the first seven games were just a fluke or a blip or even just a bad dream and we're actually 2-0

Maybe Ross is the same as folks on here

I'm 100% positive that is not going to happen.

Looking at our remaining schedule and the fact confidence is high at the moment, I wouldn't totally rule it out. I think 5/6 wins is more realistic, which I truly hope is not enough is not enough to save his ***.

at the end of the day, how can you justify keeping a HC with three straight losing seasons? (which Sparano will have after this year IMO). it's not like the odds were stacked against him. he just failed

Not the first time I've suggested this, but the organization really does need to commission some market research including season ticket holder and fans-at-large focus groups to determine public opinion of what resonates or not.

I think what Ross will find is that Fins fans are just parched and thirsting for some glimmers of hope. Specifically the consensus has the not unreasonable expectation that a competent coach might make the difference between winning and losing at home, and that a new potential franchise QB might recreate the Griese Marino glory years - or at least have the potential to do so. . Anything less than those IMO, their research will determine to be a turn-off resulting in eroding revenue$.

Vaark, your suggestion worries me.

As Doctor Phibes pointed out, a lot of people here are content RIGHT NOW with this regime, saying that we are 2-0 and not 2-7.

For some reason, they are not taking into consideration the fact that we beat KC and Was. We are 2-3 with our improved, Pro-Bowler QB and our mighty defense is BACK even thought we are 19th overall, 23rd against the pass and

If this team retains him, and/or does not do everything possible to get us a QB, the stadium will be even more empty next year than it has been this year.

It is getting really hard to continue spending money on the Dolphins, (Sunday Ticket, game tickets, merchandise, etc.) with the same tired results year in and year out. I used to buy a new jersey or two every year but it has been almost three years since I have bought one and that was a Marino.

I believe Tony got a 3 yrs extension on his contract, earlier this year. If he gets fired he gets paid anyways. I don't know if Ross wants to do that. Essentially, Ross is going to be paying for two coaches.

I believe Tony got a 3 yrs extension on his contract, earlier this year. If he gets fired he gets paid anyways. I don't know if Ross wants to do that. Essentially, Ross is going to be paying for two coaches.

so be it. Sparano has to go. he had his chances and failed

so be it. Sparano has to go. he had his chances and failed

Agreed. Forbes list Ross's net worth at around 3.1 billion. I really don't think Ross gives a rats as* about the money in this instance. He wants to build a winning football team and make money in the process. Anyone with half a brain can figure out that the current situation is not working and change is needed. Really no different when corporations hire a new CEO and he/she fails to turn the organization around. You are fired. Not personal, all business. Ross needs to do something bold and dynamic in the off season. Looking forward to the off season.

Agreed. Forbes list Ross's net worth at around 3.1 billion. I really don't think Ross gives a rats as* about the money in this instance. He wants to build a winning football team and make money in the process. Anyone with half a brain can figure out that the current situation is not working and change is needed. Really no different when corporations hire a new CEO and he/she fails to turn the organization around. You are fired. Not personal, all business. Ross needs to do something bold and dynamic in the off season. Looking forward to the off season.

if Ross can somehow get a new coach and a QB the extra admission from selling out the satdium next season alone will pay Sparano's salary

If Forbes list is correct Ross should care about spending money on the Dolphins since it is about 1/3 of his net worth. But he has and will spend wisely. Right now Ross and Sparano are in a stalemate, trying to figure out who will budge first.

Sparano is swinging on the longest rope in coaching history and the team has won 2 in-spite of his sideline antics. That being said...I would not be shocked at all if he got a 10 year extention at the end of the season.

If Forbes list is correct Ross should care about spending money on the Dolphins since it is about 1/3 of his net worth. But he has and will spend wisely. Right now Ross and Sparano are in a stalemate, trying to figure out who will budge first.

Ross gave the Univ of Michigan $100 million endowment. I really don't think he is sweating a few coins going to Sparano.

the entire organizatiin is 1/3 of his net worth. Sparano's salary is pocket change, and would likely become irrelevant if we could pop off a 4 or 5 game winning streak to start the season. The seats would be full, thus making the new coach a great investment.

Why exactly is he a doofus? I think some are a little harsh on Ross for some minor events like the Orange carpet and Gator day. Sure he failed to land Harbaugh(who never wanted to leave California), but what about Ross' hunch that Harbaugh was a good coach(look at the 49ers)? How about Ross continuing to help buy up remaining tickets so games are never blacked out for the local fans at home? I think it is unfair to keep ripping on Ross and questioning his intelligence.

To answer the question, I think it is 90% right now that Sparano will not be back. That 10% is if the Dolphins rebound and finish 8-8 or 9-7.

He has made some bad decisions no doubt. Harbaugh flirtation, Gator Day. But I agree it dismissive to call him a dufus at this point. And Tony has to win out to have a shot at keeping his job. One thing I will say about Steven Ross, he hears us.

Back
Top Bottom