How sure are we all that Ross will actually Pull the Trigger on Sparano next year!?!? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How sure are we all that Ross will actually Pull the Trigger on Sparano next year!?!?

Vaark, your suggestion worries me.

As Doctor Phibes pointed out, a lot of people here are content RIGHT NOW with this regime, saying that we are 2-0 and not 2-7.

For some reason, they are not taking into consideration the fact that we beat KC and Was. We are 2-3 with our improved, Pro-Bowler QB and our mighty defense is BACK even thought we are 19th overall, 23rd against the pass and

Why would my suggestion that Ross peels back the fan onion a few layers to determine consensus worry you? I think no matter how we come out individually on SFL, we all agree that the status quo is unsatisfactory and a deterrent to revenues. No reason to think that formalized research would do anything other than confirm that.

Ross and crew have shown themselves to be tone deaf too many times in the past from selling jest gear in the team store, to the Tebow day and the various fanfare over celebratards. They don't have a clue and really need outside help to get in touch with what the rank and file fan believes and what will motivate them to support the team financially... and that's the selling of "hope" through the hiring of a successful HC like Cowher and drafting a top notch QB like Barkley, Weeden or Jones or a very high upside one such as RG3. Give fans hope and they will temper their immediate expectations accordingly.. that's all I'm asserting.

Why would my suggestion that Ross peels back the fan onion a few layers to determine consensus worry you? I think no matter how we come out individually on SFL, we all agree that the status quo is unsatisfactory and a deterrent to revenues. No reason to think that formalized research would do anything other than confirm that.

Ross and crew have shown themselves to be tone deaf too many times in the past from selling jest gear in the team store, to the Tebow day and the various fanfare over celebratards. They don't have a clue and really need outside help to get in touch with what the rank and file fan believes and what will motivate them to support the team financially... and that's the selling of "hope" through the hiring of a successful HC like Cowher and drafting a top notch QB like Barkley, Weeden or Jones or a very high upside one such as RG3. Give fans hope and they will temper their immediate expectations accordingly.. that's all I'm asserting.

It worries me because a lot of people here are making excuses about our record, saying we should actually be 8-1 with a lot of "ifs", "buts", "should've", "would've".

We have to clean the house from the top down, no questions asked.

If we hire a up and coming GM, let him hire the coach and draft a top notch QB "people will come".

I only disagree with you on the names. I think Cowher is Parcells 2.0. One example is Washington with Shanahan. And I would pick Jones instead of Barkley, but I would be happy either way.

It worries me because a lot of people here are making excuses about our record, saying we should actually be 8-1 with a lot of "ifs", "buts", "should've", "would've".

If we hire a up and coming GM, let him hire the coach and draft a top notch QB "people will come".

I only disagree with you on the names. I think Cowher is Parcells 2.0. One example is Washington with Shanahan. And I would pick Jones instead of Barkley, but I would be happy either way.

The team should be around .500 and that doesn't warrant saving Sparano and Ireland in my opinion. Sparano is just in over his head, nice guy, the players like him but he will never be on the Belichick level. Ireland didn't and hasn't addressed the most important need which is and has been QB. I am afraid if you keep him in the GM position that he is going to stick to the archaic ways of his mentor and fat-*** Parcels.

This team needs innovation.

The best record I've seen people say the Phins should be at is 5-4. I created a thread mentioning how stupid it is that they are 2-7 when they completely bombed against the Browns and Broncos. Those games were as close to being over as can be. Hell, the Giants game can be thrown in there too. You lose those three games by a combined score of 7 points. You're still what your record says you are but that small margin of defeat shows they aren't as far from succeeding as people think.

The best record I've seen people say the Phins should be at is 5-4. I created a thread mentioning how stupid it is that they are 2-7 when they completely bombed against the Browns and Broncos. Those games were as close to being over as can be. Hell, the Giants game can be thrown in there too. You lose those three games by a combined score of 7 points. You're still what your record says you are but that small margin of defeat shows they aren't as far from succeeding as people think.

IMO the league legislate equality and a lot of teams can say the same thing...

Good teams win those games.

Back
Top Bottom