How to raise Dolphin Kids? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How to raise Dolphin Kids?

DolfanTom

Dolphin Apologist - I'm really sorry!!
Reaction score
Wife and I just had our first child - a daughter - about four months ago. God willing, another will follow sometime in the next two years. Bleeding aqua and orange myself, I want to raise my daughter and any potential future children as good Dolphin citizens.

So far, I've tried to describe the AFC East foes like this, in terms she may understand: Patriots are wet diapers with a little poop (I told her this while watching the AFC title game). Bills are poopy diapers that fill the whole diaper, with slight spillage on the leg. Jets are those messy poopy diapers that spill outside the diaper, onto the onesie and all over the changing table, requireing immediate washing of everything involved, and the lysol spray-down of the entire room! In case you're curious, the rest of the NFL teams are just wet diapers.

Anyways, how have the rest of you raised your children to be the best Dolphin fans they can be? Thanks!

Well, I think you described the AFC East to a tee, but I'll bet the followers of those teams won't agree with me....Good luck...

Don't worry about trashing the rest of the AFC east teams, they will do that themselves eventually. Just pump up the phins.

It's harder with stepchildren because they have other parental influences, but I think I'm starting to turn the corner.

Sounds pretty accurate, but you should have special analogies for the Raiders and Giants. Anyway, I was a Fin fan born and raised. My dad put me in Fins gear all the time when I was a little one and we had season tickets for awhile so I really did love the team.

Dolphin Bibs, Dolphin PJ's, Dolphin Dolls in the crib!

It works, I have two daughters (10 & 6) and a 14 year-old son. All are Fin fans in the heart of Giant & Jet land!

DolfanTom said:
Wife and I just had our first child - a daughter - about four months ago. God willing, another will follow sometime in the next two years. Bleeding aqua and orange myself, I want to raise my daughter and any potential future children as good Dolphin citizens.

So far, I've tried to describe the AFC East foes like this, in terms she may understand: Patriots are wet diapers with a little poop (I told her this while watching the AFC title game). Bills are poopy diapers that fill the whole diaper, with slight spillage on the leg. Jets are those messy poopy diapers that spill outside the diaper, onto the onesie and all over the changing table, requireing immediate washing of everything involved, and the lysol spray-down of the entire room! In case you're curious, the rest of the NFL teams are just wet diapers.

Anyways, how have the rest of you raised your children to be the best Dolphin fans they can be? Thanks!

You're definitely on the right track alright. ;) Great avatar by the way. :D

I don't have any kids of my own yet, but I have a 7-yr old god-son who I have rescued from his Giant-fan father's clutches and made a devout Phinfan out of. It was really based off two things: 1.) Gifts. Jersey's hats, throw blankets, etc. Kids love gifts and if those gifts are Dolphin gifts, they'll love the Dolphins & 2.) I'm cooler than his Dad to him, his Dad has to dicsipline him while I get to swoop in for hours at a time....have fun,corrupt is young mind, and then return him to his parents to be disciplined.

The cool side-note to this is that they moved to Buffalo for a few years so he was sporting his Miami gear up there and I would drive up and take him the Buf-Mia games.

Do what you can and just hope for the best. That was a great way to talk of the teams of the afc east. Good luck!!!

sn9ke.eyes said:
Don't worry about trashing the rest of the AFC east teams, they will do that themselves eventually. Just pump up the phins.

It's harder with stepchildren because they have other parental influences, but I think I'm starting to turn the corner.

haha very true i hvae a stepdaughter but shes now the biggest dolphins fan ever, shes 5 and if she sees anyone with dolphins gear on she bugs out, haha... but i also converted the misses rather easy, im just always so prodolphins it rubs off onto the ones close to me rathe reasy, haha

Have them listen to music with subliminal messages that say stuff like: "Dolphins rule" "I love the Dolphins" "J E T S -suck suck suck" "Miami #1"

:D

well Tom, it looks to me like you are doing ok, tha avatar is great. My son came home from his birth dressed in a Miami Dolphins jumpsuit and now, at 19 he has rebelled against almost everything else but not HIS Dolphins.

Thanks everyone!

I've also burned the Dolphins fight song to CD and we listen to it often in the car when I drive her home from the sitter. I also have sung it to her since day one. It also helps that I've just about knocked the Cowboy-fan out of my wife after six years. I think she finally gave up the other day when she admitted that all her favorites (Aikman, Irvan, Emmit) were all gone and she didn't know who the current players are!

Believe me - the little one will be decked out in Dolphin gear many times this fall!!

When I lived in Jacksonville, I took my daughters to a couple of fin games. We went a day early, and got autographs from some of the players (Zach, among others). Then, I took them to the mall, and let them buy anything they wanted. One catch, it had to be Dolphins related. It cost me a few hundred but, hey, it's something we only had a chance to do a couple of times. They turned out to be great Dolphin fans, and we have great photographs of themselves at the games.......they will always be Dolphins fans...

...my daughter is a year and a half and she was born to be a finfan!!!!!!!!! Once we knew it was a girl I narrowed the names to either Taylor or Madison...her mother ultimately chose Taylor(even though I was pullin for Madison)...so now we have our little Taylor....and she mustve known something because she was born on a Sunday....but she made sure it was a week when the fins played on MNF(vs.SD)..so daddy wouldnt have to miss a game!!

Back
Top Bottom